Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Dec 2, 2011, 1:07 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro 1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #51

Wow, rafal you're almost making my Pre Pro 1 Fett too easy. Although as soon as I purchase a bucket and start painting I'm going to cry to you guys, haha.
    Dec 2, 2011, 1:59 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro 1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #52

Quote MirtaGev said: View Post
    Wow, rafal you're almost making my Pre Pro 1 Fett too easy. Although as soon as I purchase a bucket and start painting I'm going to cry to you guys, haha.
    Thanks! I can't wait to see your progress thread!
    Dec 2, 2011, 2:23 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro 1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #53

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    Thanks! I can't wait to see your progress thread!
    haha, I'll do a shout out to you, haha. Darth Voorhees is doing a cheap bucket that looks good, so I'll get a cast from him and it'll be my bucket. :3 Scratchbuilt too, it's like whoa.
    Dec 17, 2011, 4:49 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro 1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #54

Added the Dome Top Area files for both the Original and the Final version to the first post.
    Mar 25, 2012, 4:39 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro #1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #55

The first post was updated with archived separation files in JPG format for those who want to edit or alter the stencil's dimensions.
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 14, 2013, 7:49 PM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro #1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #56

OK, Raf as you know I have the Mythos thing Im working on....Im looking at the stencils again and i think you may want to look at the stalk side mandible areas i think the grey areas are more detailed then in the stencil here and what I replicated even...Im thinking Ima repaint the helmet again... and get this stuff in there. Boba Fett Fist Prototype Helmet - The Dented Helmet Gallery you can see what i mean here... and here Boba Fett Fist Prototype Helmet - The Dented Helmet Gallery

see the dark grey areas are alot more detailed then whats in the stencils. Not as splotchy. Im also rethinking colors here...I dont know if I wanna go with ESB colors like you talked about which I think the green is probably similar or even the same...as the pictures are washed out and old...so maybe just roll with ESB colors all around on the purple and grey even as well. Now for the kill stripes...I WANT to say theyre like the PP3 and theyre orange red, being more orange then red. I really wanna knock this thing outa the park this time. I dont know if I like Yellow for the keyslots....I just dont know that yellow is the right color at all for that. I mean look at the shoulder bells and JP right there in the pic its not the same color as those...we can see plain as day its not. Considering Joe Johnston painted it...we can take his colors of choice from the other helmets he painted into consideration possibly...could it be the khaki color from the ESB/PP3 rear panels? I think the Dome is for sure the same color just washed out old pics make it look lighter then it really was. I almost think the rear panel greens are the same along with the dark grey on the helmet. Anyways hope you can make heads or tails of this with me here. Thinking this week will be stripping the helmet of its previous paint to start the upcoming repaint.
    Jan 15, 2013, 1:43 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro #1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #57

Thanks for the heads-up!

I know these stencil are not perfect and I did them when the Pre-Pro #1 images were of poorer quality than what we have now in the Gallery and many of the details were washed out. I had in my mind to do a full redo of the stencils (as I did with the ESB and Pre-Pro #2), mainly because of the lack of details, some color changes and maybe some scratch resizing. Some of the fine details are noticed by you, but there are others too. The color change will consist in replacing the base green color of the dome and lower cheeks (from the actual color to a more gray-green color) and the right ear's color (from the dome/cheek color to reefer gray). For the killstripes and back plate colors I used this image as a reference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-San-Anselmo-Parade-04.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	66625

I have to disagree about the killstripe color being close to the Pre-Pro #3 color, because I see it closer to the Sandy type helmets:

Name:	PP1 PP3 And ROTJ Killstripes.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	66626

The rear keyhole 'color' might be a combination of paint and sanding, similar to the Sandy type helmets (she painted those helmets using the Pre-Pro #1 as a template using artistic liberty):

Name:	PP1 And Sandy Rear Keyhole.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	66627

In this case the Pre-Pro #1 keyhole might be a combination of earth enamel(?) and metal (the 'metal' showing through the paint because of the heavy sanding) while the Sandy helmet is a combination of red and metal (same method as the PP1).

I will redo these stencils in the near future.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 15, 2013, 2:12 AM - Re: Boba Fett Pre-Pro #1 (PP1) Helmet Stencils #58

I dont think the keyslots would have been done differently then the other helmets Joe did though not his style of paint work. Man I wish we could see more pics of the helmet.

The stripes are redder then the Orange...maybe sandy added them?!?! I dunno.