Hello my friends !
I'm Peter from Poland. I'm working on my own costume of Mando Pilot:
For this project I've made mando helmet. But it is my own construction.
I worked on it for almost a year.
The dimensions, details and shape are very similar to the original.
Worked out all the twists and deformities of the original helmet.
But it is not DENTED helmet. Dent will be made as separate part for easy customising for each mando.
Prototype is made of polystyrene 2mm (bottom) and fiberglass/topcoat (top).
Next step was perfectionize of shape and making parts of ears and back panels
I did RF using Alan Sinclair's drawings. It seemed to be too large.
compared it with RF made by BobaMaker.
It was horrible. I have to do all
over again. 8mm difference in size !!
It is difficult to get a calculator Casio MQ-1, so I had to get to work.
Two days of work and I have a rear panel (pictured below, white).
It is not good to see, but I've painted (using cyanoacrylate glue) tracks on the plate.
I added a picture of the original item. Photo found on THD.
And.... tadam !! First, almost the entire set (without a transparent part of RF (almost done)
and a small window on this transparent part (BF version of ESB; part is done).
And now technology:
- the gear box adapted for mounting of Lego Technics gears for lowering mechanism of RF head
- RF arm made of 4mm Dibond - allows cordless supply voltage to the RF head.
My idea of a "development" of the left ear. As we know, the more electronics, the better
I do not have the original viewfinder frame of Polaroid camera, so I had to make my own:
The first casting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First production ready to go !!(Pictures without T-visors and car window dark foil - included).
I made in CorelDraw assembly instructions for my T-Rex helmet.
It's not finished and is in Polish but the English version will be soon.
Feel free to download:
And my T-Rex helmet series profile on FB
Now I'm working on internal equipment (ears and back panels, etc), DENT for Boba Fett version.