Just wanted to jump in and say I've started assembling my bucket from these plans. Not very far along yet. Still have to cut out the cheeks and insert the inset pieces. I used the plans as they were, just a tad small for full size perhaps... but I'm not very big myself, and if I want to wear the thing then I will pro'ly stick with this size. Maybe, if I get brave, I'll make a second one a little larger. Who knows.
Hope mine turns out as nicely as all these ones are coming along.
Now I gotta find something to use for the dome. I have something on hand, but I would have to alter it. I'll look around a bit more before I cut it up.
Well, no dome yet, but I had just enough resin left from my Vader project to coat the inside/outside of my construction. The main part of the helmet is bristol board (poster board - whatever), while the top and bottom rims are a much thicker and stronger cardboard - think of the stuff they use for backing on a really sturdy watercolor painting pad. The flat parts of the cheeks are also a heavier card than the rest of it. Looks kinda gloppy, but once it's fully set up I can start sanding it down and smoothing it out.
I'm thinking it's Boba for halloween this year.