Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

Re: Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

Hey guys, first post here (yay!) anyway i was wondering if someone could help me out here. I realized that my head was too small for the helmet so is there anyway i can resize the files on adobe reader? thanks

From
    Papillion, NE

Try going to print then select properties. Then select paper and change the Fit To: to a custom size to fit you better. It may be different depending on your printer and OS. But it may work.

I took mine in to a local reprographer who could enlarge or reduce out to two decimal places. Accurate sizing means reducing the WOF templates to 98.77% of their normal printed size (on regular letter-size paper, not A4) for accurate Boba size (although the details still need to be adjusted -- Alan's working on that update as he can). To make it Jango-sized, it needs to be reduced further to 99.1% of the Boba size.

Many printers I've run across don't graduate by more than whole percentages, one decimal place if your're lucky.

These are considered to be the two primary benchmarks. So if even a Jango helmet would be too big on you (and remember, you're looking for something that looks right when you're in armour, not normal street clothes), try... reducing ten percent? Try 90% of full size. The helmet is often "oversized" on one, but hard hat suspension or good padding will solve that. What matters most is what looks right on you when you're in the rest fo the costume.

--Jonah

An off the wall question here; With the computer program used to make this template would it be possible to make a sort of dome contour gauge to use in double checking whether the curves are right on the domes made using this template or even a batting helmet? I did make one myself using the dome template but it's a hair off due to either material thickness or just how I built the dome. Having an additional gauge across the corners would definitely help.

From
    Sunny Sarlacc Pit, NE Florida

Dave...one suggestion is to use the dome template from pages 5, 6, 9 and 10, and after you cut them out, use the reverse edges of the scrap/leftover card (that you just cut those pieces from) as a 'dome guage/ curvature template', so to speak...does that make sense?
    Rob

I did that and it works. My concern is the other four "corners" not covered by the arches. I guess we ultimately have to eyeball them to get them right

I'm having trouble with the dome on mine. I'm on my second iteration and things are all ganked up when I get to the back. The "fingers" are too big when I get to one of the arches. Is there a way of printing a scale on the arches as well as base as was done on the "fingers"? That way one can be sure everything's the same scale before investing time and material into this. That, or could someone post the length of the flat portion of each finger mase as well as the flats on the dome base and arches? Thanks!
    Last edited by Davehal9000; Aug 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM.

From
    California

Thanks for your hard work on this Wizard. At first I wasn't going to even attempt to make my own, but after seeing everyone's success with these templates and community help, I think I'll just do it. Awesome stuff.

the template looks awesome but ive seen this project turn out looking bad . so i want to know should i make my helmet or buy one ?

Ah i finally found your templates WOF. im new to the forum and iv been searching around, u know just gathering info b4 i start. this will be my first set of armor ever!!!! im so psyched! iv seen many people recommend u and decided to use your templates for my first design. if i can get my hand on a digital camera ill be happy to put som pics up of my progress. so thanx for the templates!!

ethanfett said: View Post
    the template looks awesome but ive seen this project turn out looking bad . so i want to know should i make my helmet or buy one ?
    ethan i dont know if uv been looking at som designs on this forum but iv seen several people use this template to put together an awesome bucket(helmet).

Hey I am new to the forum and I am wondering what material do you use to make the armor and helment out of

From

SZ71Nix3 said: View Post
    Hey I am new to the forum and I am wondering what material do you use to make the armor and helment out of
    Cardboard, plastic, fiberglass or metal......
    Rob

From
    Ontario,Canada

Has anyone made the ear caps from this template?
    Im getting very frustrated trying.

From
    Marietta, Ga

search antman's second cardboard build

From
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Thanks sooooo much for the template! Here's my prototype using the biker helmet idea. I used handicapped parking signs for the plastic. I still need to do a bit more bondo work on the dome then sand it down. (I was playing around with some ideas thats why the face has the T partially blocked.

From

Looking good, Midri!
    Rob

From
    Ontario,Canada

That looks great Midri I have been tossing around the idea of using a biker helmet as well what size did you use?

From
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Childrens Medium I think (it's from walmart) the only thing I don't like about it is the back slopes a bit downward on this helmet. My next ones i'm going to see if I can find anything else to use.

ok i need some help on getting the templates to print out rght. how big do they need to be? also in wofs first post the rangefinder link is there. the dome link is there and the a4 helmet is there. the regular helmet link is not there? so i just need to no what to print.

Not sure what you mean about the regular template for the helmet not being there:

Isn't that first link, BobA_Fett_Helmet_Templates_Std.pdf, the regular one?

From
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands

allready printed the templates, hope for a nice result.
    Thanx Dulla73

these can come out great! I modded mine alot...basically matching it up with my bobamakerhelmet for angles and measurements. I ended up taking a bit off most of the bottom rear of the helmet. and reshaping the cheeks a bit. i also built the dome with the template and then just slapped on ALOT of bondo in the basic shape and sanded it till i liked the result. To make the ears i only used the template for the width of them. I cut a piece of ABS to the shape and built up the entire shape with bondo on the ABS sheet, carving the bondo before it fully cured. Once i was happy with it, i took a mold from it and cast it in fiberglass. you can get an excellent helmet from these templates. Here is my result:

here is the photobucket album of the build:
    Scratch build Fett helmet pictures by nycpunker - Photobucket
    Its kinda backwards..i added the ears bu8ild last so they are first....but if you start from the last page and work your way to the fisrt, you'll see how i did it.

Once again i must thank WOF for these great templates.

I'm kinda new here too, but I'm active on CT.N and the Mercs. I've had this where it is for a long time now. Still haven't put in the binoculars, greeblies, or a better tinted visor, but for my first attempt I'm rather pleased. These templates are so easy to work with. Thank you so much WOF!

I love airborne troopers, so I stole the paint scheme and weathered it so it looks like this went through some serious jumping while the ship was, oh, I dunno... on fire. And sorry for the poor picture quality. My basement is poorly lit and these are phone pix.

From
    Lewis Center, OH

Can someone tell me...I printed out the helmet template at 100% and then the dome sections so that the scaling key matches the 1 inch intervals. Is that what I needed to do for these to match up properly? I just wanted to make sure since the helmet has no size reference on it other than printing it at a certain percentage. Thanks!!