Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Jul 30, 2009, 8:18 PM - Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #1

Hi, I'm new here. I have just started to make my first Boba Fett helmet! I'm using skip's (skupilkinson) pepakura file. I've finished the pepakura part and I was wondering what people use on this site for the antenna. How many different "tools" can you use for it, can I just buy a thin plastic stick. Or do I should I use something better. Could Someone Please tell me I would like to know I'm guessing so would a lot of other "noobies" around here. Thank You!
  2. Jul 30, 2009, 9:04 PM - Re: Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #2

im guessing your talking about the rangefinder stalk...

i actually have "ok" castings of one i based off of the WOF templates ..they are just resin so they do have a little flex to them...not the best casting but definately useable...if you want one, just pay shipping (id say $2) and ill send you one. PM me for my paypal if your interested bro
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jul 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Jul 30, 2009, 10:15 PM - Re: Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #3

If you've been making a helmet from templates, why not make the rangefinder stalk too.

I simple cut 3 shapes out of 2mm sheet (my helmet is card but you could use plastic) and then laminated them together.

Also it'd be good to some pictures of your helmet so far, have you posted any anywhere?
    Jul 30, 2009, 11:30 PM - Re: Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #4

i went old school with mine...i found 1/4" aluminum stock at my local lowes, laid out a template and cut it out...a great deal of filing later, i ended up with this.
    Jul 31, 2009, 2:30 AM - Re: Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #5

^ Very nice!

Bigkidbiggertoys sells aluminum stalks for pretty cheap, doesn't he?
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Jul 31, 2009, 1:36 PM - Re: Boba Fett Helmet Antenna #6

These are all great ideas, to Darth Voorhees I don't have paypal right now so I can't get one off of you, but thanks for the offer. I was actually thinking of buying a plastic rod of some sort at a hardware store but I'm still not sure if that's my best option. Thanks for all the inputs, I will most likely use WhiteShadow's Idea, although they are all good plans. Thanks For The Help!