Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 15, 2012, 8:23 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #51

yea, its a toughie, and obviously with less than high res pics, it is a toughie to nail down. im pretty happy either way - if i dont have to do anything great, but if we all feel they were already present, then it wont be too tough a job to add..
    Feb 20, 2012, 4:46 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #52

This will never end?!...

Thanks to the conversations between Jayvee and myself I further analised the base gray color (inside the bright silver scratches) and found hard evidences of the presence of this color in the ESB stills:

base-gray-proof-02-jpg base-gray-proof-01-jpg

It seems that the green mint color on the back plates is actually base gray (the same as on the red areas) and this leads to a revise of the ESB helmet stencils and color separation files.

The first post was updated with preliminary files of all the areas.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Feb 20, 2012 at 4:54 AM. Reason: Added first post update.
    Feb 20, 2012, 5:40 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #53

Perfect Raf, thats what I see too - I never saw that back colour as mint green, always the base grey. Terminal fettler did much research finding the right shade of grey, to be almost chameleon like - and it was more or less prominent depending on light and surrounding colours. I think the humbrol 147 light grey is perfect, and many thanks to TF for nailing that. Nice find on the pics too - I must say, the added inclusion of the light gry we have spoken about, really gives some great added depth to the paintjob. Once again, splendid work my friend! :-)
    Feb 20, 2012, 5:56 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #54

Thanks, Jayvee!
    For those that don't know what he's talking about, here is an image to help understand how the colors change shades depending of the light:

base-gray-bright-silver-jpg
    Feb 22, 2012, 1:34 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #55

RafalFett said: View Post
    This will never end?!...
    It seems that the ESB Hero helmet reserved more surprises than I thought. Yesterday I was looking (again!) at the ESB stills and found some extra scratches on the left back plate:

left-back-plate-scratches-jpg

Also did some adjustments to the dent area:

dent-weathered-compare-jpg

Because of these (and possibly for other extra scratches) I will put the stencils on a hold, this way the update will be a final one.
    Feb 22, 2012, 6:15 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #56

Because of these (and possibly for other extra scratches) I will put the stencils on a hold, this way the update will be a final one.
    Oh it's not going to be the final, you'll find some other small detail and update again.
    Mar 3, 2012, 12:01 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #57

Finally! I finished the stencils (again)! The first post was updated.

Major changes in all files!!!
    Added the Base Gray color to the Red Face, Cheeks, Back Plates (this color actually replaces the Mint Green color) and Dome. This Base Gray is the first coat applied on the helmet and is visible because with the unmasking process they pulled (accidentally) the Bright Silver paint on some areas. Changed the base green color of the left ear. Added more red spots on the Red Face. The Ears and Rangefinder stencil was redone, especially the left ear, the right ear and the ear decals. Added the rust-like marks around the killstripes, which I think is actually just a residue of the sprayed killstripe color along the masked area.
    Mar 5, 2012, 2:12 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #58

Added Jayvee's awesome paint up thread to the last update in the first post. This should serve as a good example on how to use these stencils with great talent, patience and a lot of love, and of course some excellent painting tips and color lists from all the great painters from TDH.
    Mar 5, 2012, 2:56 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #59

Many thanks kind sir!
    Mar 25, 2012, 3:09 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #60

By request I updated the first post with all the separation files in archived JPG files for easy edit for those who want to alter the dimensions of the stencils.
    Apr 6, 2012, 3:52 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #61

Awesome work Rafal!
    Apr 7, 2012, 1:36 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #62

StrumFett said: View Post
    Awesome work Rafal!
    Thanks a lot!
    Apr 7, 2012, 5:20 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #63

Superb work RafalFett some of the best ive seen mate well done to you.
    Apr 7, 2012, 5:59 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #64

boba trooper said: View Post
    Superb work RafalFett some of the best ive seen mate well done to you.
    Thank you!
  15. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Apr 8, 2012, 1:06 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #65

Don't know if I've posted in here yet, but this is a great thread... And I think you're right on with the "mint green" color. I for one never thought that was the right color anyway.. Not really sure why people use that color, cause it's not on the hero helmet.

Fantastic work!
    Apr 8, 2012, 3:01 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #66

Spideyfett said: View Post
    Don't know if I've posted in here yet, but this is a great thread... And I think you're right on with the "mint green" color. I for one never thought that was the right color anyway.. Not really sure why people use that color, cause it's not on the hero helmet.
    Probably because when I posted my ESB paint stencils back in 2007 I thought that it looked mint green, based on the reference pics I had at the time. A lot of people have painted buckets using those stencils. It's good to see members continually analyzing and refining the information here.
    Apr 9, 2012, 2:01 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #67

Spideyfett said: View Post

Fantastic work!
    Thanks a lot for your positive feedback!

Rich D. said: View Post
    Probably because when I posted my ESB paint stencils back in 2007 I thought that it looked mint green, based on the reference pics I had at the time. A lot of people have painted buckets using those stencils. It's good to see members continually analyzing and refining the information here.
    Thanks! I agree with you. Sometimes is hard to judge a color because of the different lighting and/or bad images, but luckily this is the result of a group project and it seems that all the effort was paid off.
    May 7, 2012, 10:42 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #68

I seem to be having trouble opening the zip files, is there a specific program I need to download?
    May 8, 2012, 1:12 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #69

AMBrown said: View Post
    I seem to be having trouble opening the zip files, is there a specific program I need to download?
    I did a test extraction of one of the ZIP files and it worked good for me. It seems that you have an outdated program and you need to update or to search the net for a better program. Try WinZip or WinRAR but there are other good programs too, just google for 'free zip extractor' and as an example choose the second result (downloaded, installed and is working good).
    May 17, 2012, 2:45 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #70

Clonecollector requested, which is an excellent idea, to add an image with the physical damages of the ESB Hero helmet. The end of the first post was updated with this file.
    May 17, 2012, 6:23 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #71

Clonecollector requested, which is an excellent idea, to add an image with the physical damages of the ESB Hero helmet. The end of the first post was updated with this file.
    Thank you!

... I'll be starting my paintup after vacation!
    Feb 6, 2013, 3:41 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #72

Updated the first post with the modified back plates to fit the Asok CC, GMH and Bobamaker helmets. The files are located under the Back Plate stencils in ZIP format.

Update
    ---------------------
    These files were removed from the first post because the new stencils are made to fit these helmets too.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Oct 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added the update.
  23. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Feb 6, 2013, 4:26 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #73

Rafal, You are awesome!
  24. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Mar 4, 2013, 3:15 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #74

Hey, Rafal! Do you know of any instructions to apply the paint stencils? I am at a loss as to how to do this...
    Mar 5, 2013, 7:04 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Stencils #75

gt8mar said: View Post
    Rafal, You are awesome!
    Thanks!

BobasDent1138 said: View Post
    Hey, Rafal! Do you know of any instructions to apply the paint stencils? I am at a loss as to how to do this...
    For a layered paint job go here ==> One last wafer thin ESB paint job... and/or here ==> Jayvee's Deluxe ESB Paint UP (With An Awesome BGHunter Lid).

For a topical paint job go here ==> Superjedi's GMH as ESB for Lucksy31 and/or here ==> Converting the GMH to an ESB AOSW....