Heres a little tutorial about how to paint the back of the ESB helmet,

Colors you gonna need,

Testors Aluminium

Vallejo Neutral Grey
    Vallejo German Gray

Andrea Miniatures White Painting Set Base Color NO:1

Humbrol 65
    Testors RLM 73 Grun

And also liquid masking medium, im using Vallejo's but you can use any type of masking liquid even latex!

First of all mask your helmet to prevent ant oversrpay, than with an airbrush i applied Testors Aluminium,

And than using the stencils that made by RafalFett and a transfer paper ( i used black but white one works more better) i draw the design and masked with liquid masking medium.

Now its time for grey, heres the mixture, 3 drops of Natural Gray and tiny bit of German Gray, then i applied it with my airbrush (Im using a DevillBiss Dagr but any kind of airbrush will do this work)

Here's how its look when i peeled the masking, so its time for the cream color, i already have the Andrea's White Paint Set so Base Color no:1 looks very good to me, with the same transfer method i transfered the stencils but this time i used white one which works better than the black one.Masked the areas and painted two coats of paint because of gray layer beneath the white.When i peel the mask off, thats what its looks like,

Stay tuned for updates, next im gonna add the mint green and the RLM73

If you have any questions ill be glad to answer them,
    Hope you like it!
    Last edited by TheBushmaster; Mar 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Re: Boba Fett ESB Helmet Back Panels Tutorial

Great start bud, should come in handy for people who are looking to start the often tricky back panels. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Jayvee; Mar 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM.

From
    Galati, Romania

It looks good so far, and as Jayvee said, this tutorial will help a lot of people who are afraid to start the back panel paint. That mint green color is not a good choice, because that is an altered hue of the base gray color (see more on terminal fettler's paint up and my updated stencils too).

What kind of helmet is that and did you re-sized the stencils to fit the back panels or you already used my modified stencils for the asok/bobamaker back panels?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks folks! This is a BobaMaker lid, thanks for the stencils by the way and ill look up for new mint green choice! Thanks

From
    New Jersey

Hello, all! I'm pretty new and I'm getting setup on an ESB build. I really like how this is coming along, looks great!!!

From
    Murrieta CA

Progress is looking great and the back panels are a major hurdle. For the mint green color may I suggest Model Master Lichtblau RLM 76 or something similar. Keep up the great work on the tutorial as it will help others that are going through the process.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

I go with Garretts (terminal Fettlers) idea of using humbrol 147 for areas which used to be referred to as mint green. It is a super light grey, which plays off brilliantly against the silver in certain lights, and is actually the first colour I layer. It can of course be added topically if needed, but is an excellent approach..

From
    Argentina

looking great