Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    May 6, 2015, 4:47 PM - Boba Fett Budgeting Question #1

I have a budget of $3500 for a Boba Fett costume. I want something that is reasonably accurate that I can display at home and then take to cons when needed. Is $3500 reasonable or am I off my rocker?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 6, 2015, 4:53 PM - Re: Boba Fett Budgeting Question #2

That's a good starting point. You can save some cash if you do the painting on the hard parts like the helmet, jp, and armor.
    May 6, 2015, 5:02 PM - Re: Boba Fett Budgeting Question #3

Keep an eye on the cargo as a full fett comes along now & again...... :-)
  5. May 6, 2015, 5:11 PM - Re: Boba Fett Budgeting Question #4

Mine started at about that point, and i think is was a great Fett. I painted everything myself but the helmet(was scared to death to do it back then! ). I paid about $700 for the helmet alone at the time, so if you can swing painting the helmet, that will save you a little more and you can put that towards something else. If you cant/dont want to paint anything yourself, you may need to budget a little higher. Doing the building/painting yourself can literally save you $1,000 or more.

Mine is now around the 5k mark, but alot of that is found parts, and add on aluminum bits to replace the resin ones, like knee darts, gauntlet rocket etc...which you dont NEED.
    May 6, 2015, 5:47 PM - Re: Boba Fett Budgeting Question #5

I think that's a reasonable amount. You can build a very good Fett for that much. Like others have said, the more you can do yourself (painting and such), the more you can put the remaining cash into other parts of your build. The only thing is that it takes some time to gather all the parts you'll need, especially if you order from the usual high-quality makers around here. It could take several months to get some parts, but the hunt is half the fun.
    May 10, 2015, 11:01 PM - Re: Boba Fett Budgeting Question #6

If you paint yourself, I think $3500 is plenty. ... But wait times can be a killer... I waited 1 year 1 month for my Boba maker helmet... Ugh!... I think everything else will be easier by comparison.. Haha (I Hope)