Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boba Decals

  1. #1

    Boba Decals

    Hi, I am currently working on a Boba Fett Decal set for my site http://www.trooperdecals.com and as with all my decals I wish to make them as accurate as possible.

    Is there any body who could help with the colours of the decals? a pantone reference would be excellent, plus also some advice as to wether the decals should have a weathered effect printed on them or left clean for the prop builder to weather?

    I am also going to provide 2 types of kill marks as:

    1.) a decal to apply
    2.) a mask to make painting easy

    as well as the ear decals and chest.

    Any advice on making the set any better would be appreciated

    link to decals pic
    http://www.molineux.net/gallery/fettdecals.jpg

  2. #2

    Re: Boba Decals

    from experience in the past, adding your own weathering has had a great response. I am not sure if this artist is still making the stickers, but he offered both weathered and non weathered. Personally, I used the weather and painted over it to blend for a convincing effect.

    The one thing I DO like and you could sign me up immediately for is that stencil for the killmarks. I have always wished and waited for someone to do that.

    Also, for your killmark stickers, I would start the beginning strands more yellowish and having it fade into more of an darker orange.

  3. #3
    shortimer52's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS
    Posts
    2,287

    Re: Boba Decals

    Love the stencil idea.

    Dont know much about the ESB bucket. But I think your missing a sticker that goes on the ear on the RF side.



    EDIT,,, you are missing the one.

  4. #4

    Re: Boba Decals

    there are two ear decals there, the one you are on about is the pure white one? if im wrong could you link me to a pic of it please

  5. #5
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    I am all about the decals... allthough the issue I ran into with my bucket is the strait line stencil I used didnt quite work so well, si I had to manipulate the crap out of it becase there is acutaly a bend to the helmet that the stencil didnt capture. I then created a curved stencil using Adobe Illustrator.

    Here is the JPG showing the transition... belive it or not the most curved worked perfectly for my bucket... it looks great... But different sculpts have different curves. Mine is a SkyGunBro.

    Great decals though. I want a set... let me know when they are available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails killmarksv3-jpg  

  6. #6

    Re: Boba Decals

    evan4218 said:
    I am all about the decals... allthough the issue I ran into with my bucket is the strait line stencil I used didnt quite work so well, si I had to manipulate the crap out of it becase there is acutaly a bend to the helmet that the stencil didnt capture. I then created a curved stencil using Adobe Illustrator.

    Here is the JPG showing the transition... belive it or not the most curved worked perfectly for my bucket... it looks great... But different sculpts have different curves. Mine is a SkyGunBro.

    Great decals though. I want a set... let me know when they are available.
    good call bro. Totally overlooked that the curve and how much trouble I had too !

  7. #7
    BobaFettSlave_1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    From
    Amity
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Boba Decals

    hes actually missing 2 ESB decals. hes missing those small stripes that go on the ear peice that houses the RF & hes missing that triangle looking thing thats on the earpeice bellow that one.

  8. #8
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    evan4218 said:
    I am all about the decals... allthough the issue I ran into with my bucket is the strait line stencil I used didnt quite work so well, si I had to manipulate the crap out of it becase there is acutaly a bend to the helmet that the stencil didnt capture. I then created a curved stencil using Adobe Illustrator.

    Here is the JPG showing the transition... belive it or not the most curved worked perfectly for my bucket... it looks great... But different sculpts have different curves. Mine is a SkyGunBro.

    Great decals though. I want a set... let me know when they are available.

    I've been waiting for a thread like this for some time.....
    I think those that paint allot of buckets (me)...the stencil is a GREAT IDEA....and the whole curve thing....GREAT CALL EVAN!!

    put me down for a set...

  9. #9
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    cannockwolf, if you would like a PDF or AI file of the curved version I can supply it to you.

  10. #10

    Re: Boba Decals

    excellent stuff!! this is just the sort of advice and expertise i was looking for

    evan4218 that pdf file would be brilliant, i could produce the whole range of mishaped options so every lid could be accounted for in the one decal set. Also as everyone seems to want to go the painted route i might leave the kill stripe decals off to make room for all the diffent variations of the stencils.

    my email is dave@molineux.net and msn is info@instant-print.co.uk

    Has anybody got any pictures of the missing decals flat on (not an angle shot?) if someone has or can take some piccys id be greatful. also the colour thing is important too.

    Im going to put these on the site for £15 plus £1 P&P but i am willing to do these for £10 plus £1 P&P to the dented helmet members for your help, this price is posted worldwide.

  11. #11
    BobaFettSlave_1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    From
    Amity
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Boba Decals

    here is a pic showing the one i described as a triangle. its actually naillike with 2 squares. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/...2-07-10_06.htm
    and here is the one thats got the stripes.http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/...2-07-10_09.htm
    these are the 2 you are missing
    if it asks for the PW its
    Member: tdhmember
    Password: ilovetdh

  12. #12
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    cannockwolf said:
    excellent stuff!! this is just the sort of advice and expertise i was looking for

    evan4218 that pdf file would be brilliant, i could produce the whole range of mishaped options so every lid could be accounted for in the one decal set. Also as everyone seems to want to go the painted route i might leave the kill stripe decals off to make room for all the diffent variations of the stencils.

    my email is dave@molineux.net and msn is info@instant-print.co.uk

    Has anybody got any pictures of the missing decals flat on (not an angle shot?) if someone has or can take some piccys id be greatful. also the colour thing is important too.

    Im going to put these on the site for 15 plus 1 P&P but i am willing to do these for 10 plus 1 P&P to the dented helmet members for your help, this price is posted worldwide.
    Sent you an email..

  13. #13
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Email sent, any one else who wants vector art of either the RF earpeace or the Kill stripes or even the other marks and symols I can shoot them to ya... If you wish to manipulate them you will need Adobe Illustrator. Or you can just print them different sizes.

  14. #14
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    evan4218 said:
    Email sent, any one else who wants vector art of either the RF earpeace or the Kill stripes or even the other marks and symols I can shoot them to ya... If you wish to manipulate them you will need Adobe Illustrator. Or you can just print them different sizes.
    HAHAHA!!!. ....I just sent cannockwolf everyting I had...
    send them to me please, and I can compare who's I like better...
    PM SENT.

  15. #15
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Here is that lovely mark on the RF ear in vector... (well, a JPG of my vector file) let me know WYT.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rf_mark-jpg  

  16. #16
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    evan4218 said:
    Here is that lovely mark on the RF ear in vector... (well, a JPG of my vector file) let me know WYT.

    Very nice... ....mine is without the damage...

  17. #17
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    Got your email......sent you what I had....
    THANKS JEFF not Evan??..

  18. #18
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Email sent spidy

    If any one has a need for vector art made for them of anything... let me know.

  19. #19
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Its justin actually, Evan is my middle name... I live in Texas... lots of Justins... long story...

  20. #20
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Here are the stipes exactly as they appear in the photo. I also have vector of this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rf_stripes-jpg  

  21. #21

    Re: Boba Decals

    evan4218 said:
    Here are the stipes exactly as they appear in the photo. I also have vector of this.
    great stuff! i wouldnt mind this vectored if possible, i dont think ive got it yet?
    has this been taken from an origianal then?

    i will get it all setup and post another link to a jpeg of the finished file

  22. #22
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Boba Decals

    Sent everyone who requested the files an email... enjoy

  23. #23

    Re: Boba Decals

    http://www.molineux.net/gallery/boba_fett_decals.jpg

    what do you think? im not sure if the very small decals will work or not i will have to have a go at cutting them next, also i could do with the correct sizes.

    cheers

  24. #24
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Boba Decals

    THEY LOOK GREAT.....

    It it me or is the Curve on the Stripes in the wrong direction??.....or I'm just "backwards"???

  25. #25

    Re: Boba Decals

    hav ei done em the wrong way round lol :o

    if i have its not that much to do it right, just let me know

Similar Threads

  1. Does Boba Fett have decals???
    By tk4510 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 5, 2008, 8:14 PM
  2. boba fett chest and shoulder decals needed
    By Devin Jax in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2007, 1:22 PM
  3. Boba Fett Chest and Shoulder decals
    By redirk in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 26, 2003, 11:52 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •