Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Nov 3, 2005, 6:40 PM - Re: BM2... #26

MS = Marrow Sun, and it's pretty much a fiberglass pull of the mystery helmet (originally cast in resin) if I have my info correct.
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Nov 5, 2005, 5:32 AM - Re: BM2... #27

i have a bobamaker and a mystery helmet and i think that the bobamaker lid has a little more flare.

In my opinion
    Nov 6, 2005, 1:43 AM - Re: BM2... #28

I just ordered a BM... I know I can't afford it, but I can go w/o eatting for a few... months, you know? =)
    Nov 7, 2005, 4:21 PM - Re: BM2... #29

RBF, you are very correct when you say that these differences are due to handling and assembly. Just the way you install the visor makes a great difference in the shape of the helmet, as well as the damage these helmets took during filming - just look at the cracks all over the helmets in the exhibit photos.
  5. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Nov 7, 2005, 5:32 PM - Re: BM2... #30

So... I think I am going to go with the Bobamaker helmet. I like it a lot and it seems VERY accurate. But the thing I can't get over is the slight "curve" in the brow area. I know it's accurate, but I just can't seem to see it in ESB, and I can't seem to look over it when looking at the hollow helmet on the Bobamaker website. It's just so visible. Oh well. I'm still going to get that. And I'll get the deluxe package at that. If anyone reading this objects, please let me know ASAP! I can only use my boba-funds once!
    P.S. How much do you think that a re-painted, with a new visor, rubie's Jango Fett helmet would sell for? Thanks.

-Jim
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Nov 8, 2005, 3:27 AM - Re: BM2... #31

you cant really see the wavy brow in the film but if you look at the photos from the exhibitions, its definatly there.

Trust me, the bobamaker helmet is awsome, you cant get better imo.

If you really dont like the wave, you can always sand it down like r boba fett did on his excellent rotj conversion.

Quote cookiemongoloid said:
    So... I think I am going to go with the Bobamaker helmet. I like it a lot and it seems VERY accurate. But the thing I can't get over is the slight "curve" in the brow area. I know it's accurate, but I just can't seem to see it in ESB, and I can't seem to look over it when looking at the hollow helmet on the Bobamaker website. It's just so visible. Oh well. I'm still going to get that. And I'll get the deluxe package at that. If anyone reading this objects, please let me know ASAP! I can only use my boba-funds once!
    P.S. How much do you think that a re-painted, with a new visor, rubie's Jango Fett helmet would sell for? Thanks.

-Jim