Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 30, 2005, 6:20 PM - BM Helmet Sculpt #1

I am very close to finishing this project, these new pictures show the latest alterations. The main being the RF housing is now screen accurate as asked for by a few members here. I created this template digitally using great close up shots of the original helmet (thanks again Brak's!!).

My helmet is at a slightly different angle on the comparison shot that the screen-used one which makes my dent look higher... it isn't. I will get a better shot soon.

I will be making molds of this 2 piece RF housing this week, and I will also be finishing my new sculpt for the hollow RF before this weekend (this is a lot more screen accurate), I will supply these with the helmet kits. I may even master the metal lined - hollow RF Stalk for this kit.

For the UK TDH members, I will be selling a couple of these kits at the Memorabilia (Birmingham) on the 2nd - 3rd April.
    Jan 30, 2005, 6:24 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #2

thats amazing! Fanastic work!
    Jan 30, 2005, 10:00 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #3

The helmet is looking better and better each time you post an update.

Keep up the great work!
  4. Jan 31, 2005, 1:26 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #4

That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Mason...
    Ps: whats the UK price gonna be buddy?
    Pss: gonna PM you about a visor aswell shortly...
    Jan 31, 2005, 4:46 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #5

Can any of us here sign up for a helmet? Let us know.

Nice job.
    Jan 31, 2005, 5:06 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #6

A BEAUTIFUL helmet scupt!! The resin hollow rangefinder I have of yours is as precise as a machined part so I'm sure this will be equally top notch! I see you've used ESB as a reference,does that mean that this is to be an interpretation of the ESB helmet? ...............not that I'm complaining

Steve
    Jan 31, 2005, 5:39 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #7

This is a FANTASTIC helmet sculpt! I can't wait to see the finished product!
    My checkbook is starting to itch...
    Feb 1, 2005, 5:31 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #8

Let's answer a few questions...

...This helmet is referenced from ESB, mainly because I could get hold of loads of shots from ESB but only a few from ROTJ. Not sure on the price yet, depends on what I will be supplying with the kits and to what degree I finish them (ie. primed, keyslots & visor cut out ETC.) I will be starting a list here as soon as I have made the molds, done a copy and am happy with it.

I am planning to include the following in the kits:
    Hollow RF (I may re-sculpt the screen part to be more accurate)
    T-Visor
    MQ-1 Circuit (high definition resin)
    Hopefully a Hollow RF Stalk (strengthened with metal), I am doing a few tests at the moment.

Any more suggestions will be very welcome.
    Feb 1, 2005, 8:53 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #9

A build in visor mounting system? Like clips made into the fiberglass or something. Save people tons of trouble and headaches. JMO
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Feb 2, 2005, 2:52 AM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #10

goood point predatormv
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Feb 2, 2005, 9:05 AM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #11

You say the dent looks higher because of the angle but changing the angle isn't going to reduce the space between the brow line and the dent, the distance looks double.
    Feb 2, 2005, 10:44 AM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #12

Quote Evilution said:
    You say the dent looks higher because of the angle but changing the angle isn't going to reduce the space between the brow line and the dent, the distance looks double.
    Nah, take a pen and measure it. From the Dent not the paint.
    Feb 3, 2005, 10:17 AM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #13

I'll post the measurement from the dent to the diamonds and to the brow later, I'll also get a shot of the helmet the same angle as the ref pic ... the camera angle on my shot is lower which makes the dent appear higher.
    Feb 3, 2005, 12:04 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #14

Helmet looks great but it looks like the dent is to high and to far back compared to the movie used helmet.
    Feb 3, 2005, 1:13 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #15

Quote bobafett669 said:
    Helmet looks great but it looks like the dent is to high and to far back compared to the movie used helmet.
    If you look at the two little arrow things ( whatever they are called ) they are higher up than the movie used helmet, so it's just at a different angle

Hope my helmet turns out half as good as the fine work on this site

Randy
    Feb 3, 2005, 5:05 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #16

Quote bobafett669 said:
    This is the best angle I can get with my camera, so I've drawn on the measurements to help.

Feb 3, 2005, 5:47 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #17

It looks good to me. Very nice looking helmet. Now about those visor mounting clips....
  18. Feb 3, 2005, 5:57 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #18

Mate...
    Your sculpt looks awesome and with the hollow RF/ RF stalk...
    Well its gonna be a great kit and something im looking forward to getting hold of!

After many hours of searching and comparing DP95, '96, '97, DPdeluxe, MSH, MSH2, M_S etc etc...
    I think you've come up with a simple solution to all requirements needed in one complete kit!

Well done BM...
    I look forward to my up and coming project....The BM bucket!

Mason...
    (currently adding up the cost of the bucket to the already extensive BM armour/soft parts needed list... "hmmmm, You do finance deals?"...LOL!)
    Feb 3, 2005, 8:08 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #19

The measurements seem fairly close. It might be the size of the arrows (appear too large and slightly out of place) and the size and shape of the dent, which looks quite a bit different from the real dent, that is distorting the distance.
  20. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 3, 2005, 10:03 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #20

I'm Going to have to agree with Tylerduren, Your lines are great , It's a nice and SHARP bucket, but one of the most important, If not "THE Most IMPORTANT", things is the DENT.

Other than that, AWSOME....I'd Buy one.
    Feb 3, 2005, 11:16 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #21

It's beautiful Bobamaker! It really is. What a lovely piece of art.
    Feb 4, 2005, 6:23 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #22

I agree Bobababe! Put me on the list for a kit Bobamaker! Simply stunning work
    Feb 6, 2005, 6:50 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #23

Quote tylerdurden said:
    The measurements seem fairly close. It might be the size of the arrows (appear too large and slightly out of place) and the size and shape of the dent, which looks quite a bit different from the real dent, that is distorting the distance.
    Here's a close up of my dent, the angle isn't exactly the same as the reference but it shows it pretty well, I have already started to smooth out the creases a little to match the ref picture.

Here's a close up shot of my triangles with the measurements, I'm confident that these look better in close up.

Finally, Here's my finished sculpts for the new Hollow RF and Stalk. The RF is a lot more accurate than previous and they attach together perfectly, they hold even without glue. This RF now has more space inside for placing LEDs, batteries etc. and is extremely easy to put together. I can supply different colour lenses, depends what people prefer, yellow, semi clear, dark etc.

I am hoping to offer a choice of Hollow RF and Solid with the kit, does anyone need hollow, especially with most of the LED kits now being self contained within the RF?

I just need to finish the Mole and do a little more clean up on the helmet and it's ready to mold. I am hoping to mold it this coming weekend. Any more constructive criticisms will be appreciated so I can make any adjustments before it's molded.

DAZ
    Feb 6, 2005, 7:39 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #24

Man - all these scratch built helmets are looking awesome!
    Feb 6, 2005, 8:21 PM - Re: BM Helmet Sculpt #25

BM are you going to offer the new hollow rangefinders separate?? I have one of the old ones,but these are definitely new&improved !! If so shoot me a PM for pricing. Hopefully there will soon be a good source for self-contained rangefinder kits.

Steve