Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best of the Best

From
    SOCAL

Best of the Best

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]looking for the top of the line Fett helmet.
    Are the DON POST Helmets the best or is there something better?

From
    North Texas

Re: Best of the Best

I would suggest reading around the forum. There are many issues as far as the "Best" but there are several threads right now discussing some monumental helmets. The threads about all of the different helmets are some of the best reading you can do on this forum.

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

fettpride, Brother. fettpride!!!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

BooBoo Fett said: View Post
    fettpride, Brother. fettpride!!!

took the words out of my mouth the new GMH helmet is the deffinition of the BEST no question as to best Fettprides quality with the closest helmet to the actual screen used version doesnt get better

From
    Orange County, CA

Definitely Fettpride.

Get in line for GMH they are the newst and most acurate to date.

From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.

Don Post is the best.. Get the one with the white interior.
    Very sturdy.

And it's licensed so you know it's quality, don't get the rubies they are less accurate.

Go straight to eBay and search for a rare piece.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not sixx...

as far as accuracy goes, the GMH is pretty much the way to go.

From
    USAF Utah

Yeh I didnt think we did that kinda thing around here? Kinda turns people off, its not a car forum.

Why would he need a don post when he has the muld that made them in his posesion , he could just make his own

From
    SOCAL

What do the GMH go for? I looked on his site and no pricing, that I could find.

From
    North Texas

The price is in the sale thread in the cargo hold.......I think it was something like 235

From

Ya, I was being sarcastic..
    Really though, use the search.
    Fettpride is offering the best helmet offered to members in a long time.

From
    Los Angeles, CA

Are you looking for the best helmet because you want to make a costume or build up a helmet for display? or because you want to make your own helmet out of your DP95 mould comparable?

From
    SOCAL

I am going to make a copy out of Silicone and see what it looks like. Then get measurements from that. Then its off to make a Fiberglass mold of that. We will see how far I can take this.

From

So you want to recast someones helmet?? What do you mean,"see how far I can take this"?
    Last edited by Sixxgunn13; Nov 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM.

Sixxgunn13 said: View Post
    So you want to recast someones helmet?? What do you mean,"see how far I can take this"?
    All helmets that have lineage to the original ILM helmets (Don Post helmet included) are recasts. On top of this, the Don Post (just like the MR) is a dead product. This guy owns an original DP mold. He has every right to pour silicone in it if he wants.

And in fact, it is in everybody's best interest (or anybody who wants to know as much about the lineages of the original helmets) to see what an unadulterated casting from this mold looks like compared to both the production Don Post helmets that came from it and other PP2 copies.
    Last edited by Lufo1138; Nov 9, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Sixxgunn13 said: View Post
    DiD you saythat to art and fett pride,? NO I WOULD NOT THINK SO! or is that coment case spacific,? (typical)
    Its not some one elses build per say but a mould of a mould of the real helmet mush like popular helmets being sold at the mo
    (no disrespect to said peoples)
    Last edited by BGHunter; Nov 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM. Reason: coz some people should think befor thay act

From
    SOCAL

Is the mystery helmet the best copy? I would like to find real measurements of the ROTJ helmet. if it is really out there. All I have seen on here is the Mystery helmet measurements. I am trying
    to match the Original helmet to my helmet mold. After some measuring now, I have found that my helmet mold is dead on with the Measurements of the Mystery helmet. Does anyone know who the Model maker was for the movie? I would like to contact him. Since I live where they shot and made all the first films. Any help on this would be great. I have email Mr. Sansweet, but nothing back yet. Thanks for everyones help on this...

From
    USAF Utah

The New GMH is the BEST copy

From
    Los Angeles, CA

Um they actually shot the films in england (sound stages) and in various locations around the world for the location stuff. Also the fett helmet and armor was actually made in The UK and then shipped back to ilm to get painted.

I'm still confused as to what you want the best helmet for(clearly not for your collection and not for a costume)? The GMH helmet that Fett Pride is going to produce is the closest thing to the real production bucket that will be available. But if you are openly saying you're going to recast it in order to make your bucket identical to it I'm thinking that Fett Pride probably won't sell you one but I wont speak for him.

I would say do your own research. Make some measurements from the various reference photos and correct your mold it as you see fit. Make the it your own version, what your eyes see as correct and then do a run of that. That would be the best path rather than trying to make a copy of someone else's helmet.

Both the mystery helmet and the GMH are slightly smaller than the original ILM helmets. For a good primer on the helmet lineages and current understanding of the helmet histories, including the mystery helmet line, see this thread by Art Andrews:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/f...history-24684/

Its not recasting if he makes a plug from his mold and casts it its just casting recasting would be if he found an old helmet lets say a don post fiberglass and thort illcopy this and see if any on likes it . isnt it odvious he wants to find the best adaptation of the lid and compare it with his just say he makesa a sillicon plug and puts it next to a gmh and low and behold there identical in every aspect and its so crisp in the details and being metal has keept its shape so doesnt need to be fixed up apart from removing he date stamp and trade markthere for being the closest in liniage to the real one lets not for get the reson that the GMH and lees plug and the larver helmets were made were from or for the don post lines is it not in his right to then make a mould of his plug and nock up some copys there is a possibility that it could be very sweet in deed

From
    Los Angeles, CA

Maybe I miss understood what he's looking to do. If so I apologize.

If he just wants a GMH for comparisons sake then I'm all for it.

I just don't want him to get the wrong impression thinking that buckets cast from this mold will be very popular or make him lots of money. DP 95 Buckets were nice starting points back in the day but now many many better options are out there.