Bathe me in your wisdom

  1. #1
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Bathe me in your wisdom

    so, im about to start on a boba fett suit, starting on the helmet ofcourse!

    so i was wondering...

    the bradleyfett armor + helmet is pretty cheap, looks pretty good and as a complete newb looks like a pretty good deal, atleast as a first suit(and probably is cause i havent seen any bashing or comments on it here, i just dont know anything about casts, material, costumes and etc.)

    for anyone that has ordered the whole kit or just a part of the set please do come with some comments and such

    is it better to go $$ on it and buy something else like the MR, DP etc?



    and please do throw in some advice because this is my first project

    regards, David

  2. #2

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    the bradleyfett helmets are a bit on the small side...



    to the left is a mystery helmet derivative, to the right is the MB helmet.

    if you're tall / large, the mb will probably look silly. if you're on the smaller side, it could be a good way to go.

    no experience with the armor.
    Last edited by stormtrooperguy; Apr 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

  3. #3

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    tk7602 said: View Post
    to the left is a mystery helmet derivative, to the left is the MB helmet.
    You sure about that?

  4. #4

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    doh! by left i meant not-left, aka right. you should know that!

  5. #5
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    well im 173 cm, which is ...5'8" ? so im not so large... but i am a bit wider than an average dood at the same height, so what do you recommend ? a larger helmet then?

    and also how much is the mystery helmet?

    tk7602 said: View Post
    the bradleyfett helmets are a bit on the small side...



    to the left is a mystery helmet derivative, to the right is the MB helmet.

    if you're tall / large, the mb will probably look silly. if you're on the smaller side, it could be a good way to go.

    no experience with the armor.

  6. #6
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    oh and btw, is it a SgtFang helmet ? and if so, what is it made of and how good is it in your opinion?

  7. #7
    CSMacLaren's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    207

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    Okay, I'm confused about the left thing. Camera's / viewer's left, correct?

    Also, bathing another dude is just such a disturbing image in my mind, which is already an exceedingly disturbing place in the first place!

  8. #8

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    when looking at the screen, the one on the left is the mystery one (MS3 to be specific).

    here's me with the bradley helmet... i'm 5' 9" / 175 pounds



    i think it looks too small on me.

    i don't think the helmet on the left is readily available anymore. i want to say it was a couple hundred dollars back when i got it. that one is fiberglass (i think).

    sgt. fang sells resin mystery helmets for around $100ish i believe. they are resin. i've never seen one in person, so i know nothing about them other than that they look great all painted up.

  9. #9

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    Thats a nice picture.......

  10. #10
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    well that helps alot, im actually 5'8" and 175 pounds myself hehe so that helps

    but the Sgt's mystery should be about the same size as yours right?

  11. #11

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    Dabbafett said: View Post
    well that helps alot, im actually 5'8" and 175 pounds myself hehe so that helps

    but the Sgt's mystery should be about the same size as yours right?
    yep... the fang and ms3 are from the same origin. they've both been altered in various ways, but the overall size/shape is very similar.

  12. #12
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    tk7602 said: View Post
    yep... the fang and ms3 are from the same origin. they've both been altered in various ways, but the overall size/shape is very similar.
    okay great and yours fits well?

    cause im getting a little excited about getting a helmet and the sgt looks great and according to what people have been commenting on it they think so too hehe

  13. #13

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    yeah... i've had an MSH2 (way too big), a bradleyfett (way to small), and the Mysteries are just right.

  14. #14
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    tk7602 said: View Post
    yeah... i've had an MSH2 (way too big), a bradleyfett (way to small), and the Mysteries are just right.
    sounds great, think im gonna go with a mysteries then..

    as a complete beginner with no experience at all! i have to ask, the whole preperation for the painting, is it hard to do well as a beginner? im not a complete fool when it comes ot working with tools and such, but ive never been working with anything of this sort..

  15. #15

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    you'll mostly have to sand the seam lines out. it all depends on the quality of the kit.

    the ms3 comes ready to go. i think the fang has a single seam that has to be smoothed. some fine grit sandpaper and maybe some detail files will get rid of that.

    you'll then have to cut the visor out. i use a dremel with a cutoff wheel for that stuff.

  16. #16
    Dabbafett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Akureyri, IS
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bathe me in your wisdom

    tk7602 said: View Post
    you'll mostly have to sand the seam lines out. it all depends on the quality of the kit.

    the ms3 comes ready to go. i think the fang has a single seam that has to be smoothed. some fine grit sandpaper and maybe some detail files will get rid of that.

    you'll then have to cut the visor out. i use a dremel with a cutoff wheel for that stuff.
    okay, that should NOT be waaay to much work, thanks alot for the help

    and btw if anyone has any info on the fang's mystery helm and even some review on it, please do post some here or link

    danke

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •