Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 18, 2003, 9:13 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #51

An awesome looking helmet :colors,weathering,etc. Very exciting times indeed,but I can't help having a bittersweet feeling knowing my stuff is being custom-mixed painted right now,and that there is a few cans on a shelf waiting

One question with regard to ESB.Does the green for the helmet you're using apply to all components minus the knees/shoulders?

Great work,and great find

Steve
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 18, 2003, 11:10 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #52

I remember reading that the Star Wars props guys used a lot of UK model paint - I think it was Humbrol.

Anyone interested should probably take a look there.

I can't help feeling that the person who traded props or valuable pieces of props for a list of paint colors was suckered. Just my humble opinion.

Steve
    Jan 18, 2003, 3:53 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #53

Just my .02 even though I am still making my way through TDH as a "newbie"!
    Being an artist myself I know what it's like to commit many hours and weeks creating colors to fit a certain piece that I am working on!! Though this guy is pulling the colors right off the shelf, its still nearly the same thing research wise!!
    I agree that I highly anticipate this information as well as most of my fellow TDH'rs, however its not to say that he is in the wrong not to reveal his sources!!
    I don't think he is holding out to intentionally bother anyone as he did say he would clue us in down the road!!

Heck, I have a helmet ready to be painted right now, but I'm not gonna get upset about it because I can make the colors I need if I set my mind to it!!! It's all relative to the person's eye anyway!
    From one artist to another ,though he claims not to be, I believe anyone that can do any kind of hand made or paint "replication" is an artist!
    So anyway, what I'm getting at is sharing is one thing and since he was paid (basically) to keep the info on the down low for now, I can respect that!!
    Can't wait to get more info ,but we have no choice!!

Good luck with your ART and hope to see more developments as they get closer to finish day!
    sincerely, shunned

4. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 18, 2003, 8:21 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #54

I just wanted to speak out on the person I have made an honor agreement with just so everyone will not think this is something they made me do etc. I approached them with the prospect of a trade and terms of the deal they actually wanted me to share the colors and not do a trade of info. Well after talking to Brak's on this I actually dug a hole for myself. I want everyone to know that I contacted this person tonight and we decided that I'll pay for my deal vs. an informational trade and this would release me of the personal lock I placed on myself. This indivudual was really happy that I'll be sharing this with the board now since that is what they wanted me to do in the first place.

So that being said I will work up something to let everyone know when I'll post it. I know it's not the Manhatten project and I'm sure I'll have people still making Negative feedback on me and how I'm greedy but trust me that is far from the truth. So everyone will know even the people that don't even like me for no good reason and it won't cost you a cent. But be patient I want to get this helmet a little further along.

And I wanted thank all of the folks who supported me and those that had negative things to say that's ok too.
    Jan 19, 2003, 2:10 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #55

I just would like the members here know that Slave1117a who
    expressed his opinion earlier, helped me out. I live in
    Canada and could not find colors for the ROTJ theme, Slave1117a who lives in the U.S. offered to sent me unused spray cans for FREE!!! I never knew or spoke to Slave1117a
    prior to this gratious offer.

Once i recieve the paint, i will try to find Canadian brands and color numbers that match and share this info with other
    Canadian TDH members. I have learned alot here by asking
    questions and will pass on what i know. There is one thing
    that Slave1117a has taught me, that a strangers generosity
    is worth more than someone's word.

Cheers Slave1117a
  6. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 19, 2003, 4:29 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #56

__________________________________________________ ____
    Slave1117a has taught me, that a strangers generosity
    is worth more than someone's word.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Funny how that good nature and generosity to strangers was not extended to me.
  7. Jan 19, 2003, 4:43 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #57

HEY, WHO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUPERBOWL? WOOHOO! WE'RE GETTING A BIG FAT SANDWICH! WATCHING ON THE NEW WIDESCREEN! WOOHOO!
  8. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 19, 2003, 5:55 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #58

I think the Superbowl is going to be good this year unfortunately my team didn't even make it to playoffs *sniff*.
  9. Appolo_50
    Jan 19, 2003, 10:52 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #59

C17LM wrote:

I think the Superbowl is going to be good this year unfortunately my team didn't even make it to playoffs *sniff*.
    oh well... mine didn't either. But hey!! at least we can root for our least favorite team to lose!!!!!!!
    Jan 19, 2003, 12:30 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #60

Sure it was C17LM!
    I think the majority of us appreciate your generosity in sharing the pics even! I think he just missunderstood ya!!
    I can't speak for anyone but myself though, in saying I know why you said what you did and understood your circumstances!!
    Can't wait to see the results though!!
    I got a helmet ready to go and your guidance color wise will make it complete!
    Good luck and hang in there!!, shunned
    Jan 19, 2003, 2:35 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #61

Looking forward to the games today very much!!

My team's still in it!!! Yaaay!!

12. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 19, 2003, 5:42 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #62

MegalomaniacalMandalore wrote:

HEY, WHO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUPERBOWL? WOOHOO! WE'RE GETTING A BIG FAT SANDWICH! WATCHING ON THE NEW WIDESCREEN! WOOHOO!
    Super bowl - is that something you eat a big breakfast out of?

Steve

Jan 20, 2003, 9:40 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #63

Lee

What can i say, your work is oustanding as always.

The pics speak for themselves & i cant wait to get my hands on the finished item.

No only have i found the best person to paint my helmet but ive made good friend as well.

Nathan
    Jan 20, 2003, 11:38 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #64

Hey Lee the front of this helmet looks awesome as I and other members have already said but what about the back. Can you post any pics of the back so we can check out that too.
  15. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 20, 2003, 11:43 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #65

I have painted the back but I'm waiting on some more paint to arrive to confirm the color. I'll post pics of how it looks now but the color could be changing.

Lee
  16. Appolo_50
    Jan 20, 2003, 11:54 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #66

C17LM wrote:

I have painted the back but I'm waiting on some more paint to arrive to confirm the color. I'll post pics of how it looks now but the color could be changing.

Lee
    the color on the back? post pics anyways this helmet just gets better and better and I can't wait to see the scratches on the back
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jan 20, 2003, 4:59 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #67

I just wanted to chime in with my praise and awe. That's a great looking helmet, I can't wait to see it finished!

The secrecy is totally understandable. I'm under the impression that it was only a contractual obligation and also, as BB explained, designed to allow Lee a little pride when he is the first to debut a helmet with these colors.

As I understand it the colors will be shortly thereafter divulged and anyone can freely pursue them. Lee's consideration regarding his painting services will be just that, his services in applying these colors to your helmet. At that time, if I understand correctly, the colors will be public knowledge around here and if you think yourself capable of applying them better and/or more cheaply then you will be more than free to do so.

Personally, I know I can't give my new helmet the paint job it deserves. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

(thanks for the offer micke, )

Phil
  18. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 20, 2003, 5:32 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #68

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I want to post some pics of other stuff I'm working on for the helmets but I'm low on webspace. I'm going to talk to Brak's about hosting a few pics for me and we'll see what I can get going.

Lee
    Jan 20, 2003, 7:37 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #69

Lee,you never answered my question about the color corresponding to all the ESB peices.I didn't think this applied to the actual color,but just how/where it was used,so I didn't think the question was out of line.

Steve
  20. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 20, 2003, 8:03 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #70

Hey sorry about that I had to go back and re-read your post and I guess I forgot about you. To be honest I haven't researched the ESB gauntlets and jet pack they do appear to be a different color to me but that is a guess if you have any good pictures of either please send them to me and I'll get to work on it. Most of the information on the suit was provided to me in piece meal and I had to come up with the filler. I'm working out a response for the colors as well so hang in there everyone I'm getting to it.
  21. Soju
    Jan 21, 2003, 3:39 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #71

Okay, let it be known that I am NOT attacking C17LM in any way, shape or form. However, I have to agree with Slave on this. It just seems silly to me that paint color should be such a big secret. Someone said earlier to allow him a chance to take pride in what he'd done (I'm assuming because as soon as he releases the color info, we're all gonna copy away ). But, I don't see how he's shorted. He's still the first to reveal the proper color scheme. Granted, I don't have a clue as to the terms of this "agreement" he made. But it just seems odd to me to post this while not being able to share. It just feels like a slap in the face to me - a sort of "ha, ha, look what I have and you don't." Why not wait until he could? I REALLY don't think we have to worry about paint prices skyrocketing because a few Fett nuts start buying it, especially if it's off the shelf.
    I could NOT have made it as far as I have with my Jango without the help of this board. I mean, it's been one step forward, and three steps back with my costume making, simply because I keep seeing better ways to do things! When people start hording helpful info just so they can say "look at my cool stuff," and people give them kudos for it, it just bothers me. It's like the carrot on a string in front of the mule. It's just down right mean.
    Your work is fantastic C17LM, and I praise your efforts. It's just too bad you can't share.
    Okay folks ... flame away.
    Jan 21, 2003, 11:33 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #72

Heah guys take it easy.

The paint colours WILL be released once Lee has finished just as he as already said.

Look at it from his point of view.

He did all the background research on the paint & techniques used.

Spent a heck of a lot of cash on different shades of green, red etc just to find the exact match.

Then hes spent god alone knows how many hours practicing the technique he is now using to paint the helmets & the countless hours researching the paint scheme so that all of the colours go on in the correct order. Not all of them go on in the order you would expect.

If you had done all of that would you release the colours before youd finished. I dont think anyone here would, i know i wouldnt.

Look at this way we have all waited 20+ years to find out the real colours of Fetts helmet. A month or so more isnt going to kill us is it.

Even i dont know the colours yet, & one of the helmets being painted is mine.

Nathan
  23. Soju
    Jan 21, 2003, 12:28 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #73

Um ... yeah, I WOULD, in fact, share the information regardless of how much work I had put into it. If someone asked, I would be happy to let them know, whether I was finished or not.
    Your logic makes no sense to me. I thought this place was here to ask for and offer help.
    I'm not saying he's not going to tell us. I'm just saying it makes NO sense whatsoever not to do so when people ask.
    This whole "he's put so much work into it, I agree he shouldn't tell" stuff is garbage IMO. It's just selfish.
    Whatever, I'm going to paint (or have someone paint) my helmet with, or without his colors. I just don't think it's right. I don't think I'm OWED anything, I just think posting your stuff, then not telling how you did it is a lousy thing to do. This is the first time I have EVER argued something on this board. One of my favorite things about this place was that people didn't come in with holier-than-thou attitudes. They were ALWAYS helpful and had kind words of encouragement for others - even if their stuff really didn't look all that great. That's why this bugs me so much. It's not that I really want his color scheme. I'm a Jango for Pete's sake. My wife's the Boba. I just think it's not cool at all to pull crap like this.
    Again, I don't know what this arrangement of his was, but I wouldn't have made a deal like that. Sounds to me like the guy who had these colors originally is just plain selfish.
    Okay, I guess I've ranted enough this time. I just don't understand how you people can defend this guy's actions. It boggles the mind.
    Jan 21, 2003, 12:45 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #74

Hi Soju

I really dont see anyone here with hoolier than though attitudes. We leave to the RPF.
    Everyone ive had dealings with here have always been as helpful as they can.
    Thats why i love this place, none of the politics that plague the RPF.

Lee is just protecting his work till hes finished.
    Remember, this is a fun hobby. Its nice to work on a secret project & do something thats never been done before.
    He has stated more than once he wil release the info once hes done, but he wants to finish what he started before releaseing it, whats wrong with that.
    Patience you must learn patience.

Lee isnt saying "ive got the colours & i aint telling Nah nah!!"

Hes saying " look guys ive discovered the right colours, im testing them out to make sure they are all correct then ill post the finidings for everyone to use."

Does that make sence now?

Nathan

25. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Jan 21, 2003, 12:48 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #75

I was going to post something very similar to what natty just posted. His was much nicer than mine so I'll let his speak for what I wanted to say. Patience please people.