Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 17, 2003, 8:29 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #26

Guys it's a long story on the colors. I basically traded some color info for some stuff kind of a barter thing. And if I disclosed it I would violate an agreement I made and I want to honor my word with this person. However we are collaborating on the helmets now and we will work something out so that everyone is taken care of. Please be patient and ask all of the questions you want and I'll try to help. Thanks again for all of your kind words and thanks for understanding.

Lee

Chris King. Thanks for hanging in there you know I'm not a big delay guy but I appreciate your understanding and patience and I hope you like it when you get it.
    Jan 17, 2003, 8:44 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #27

Very very nice indeed. I say keep those paints a secret so we can see all these guys squirm a little longer and maybe they'll decide to go instead
  3. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 17, 2003, 8:54 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #28

You are just too cruel.
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Jan 17, 2003, 9:30 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #29

Nice job on the colors and superb painting. Hope you give up the secret to that also, it looks great. Cant paint for another 4 months anyway so Ill be watching.
  5. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 17, 2003, 10:57 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #30

Don't let the red color in the mandibles deceive you it's not that red it's the camera causing that it seems to exagerate hues and tones..but i'm learning how to use it..I'm actually reading the book.
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 17, 2003, 11:01 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #31

Very precise weathering - must've taken many hours just to gather your reference images. It exactly matches the shapes and scars or the original prop.

It's probably just me, but your red looks a little more saturated and lighter than the original.

Your base green looks like a very good match - I hope you can spill the beans on that one.

I used Model Master's "rust" acrylic on a Marmit Fett I repainted and that looked pretty close to the original.

Steve
  7. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 17, 2003, 11:11 PM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #32

The red is not even red at all that is the funny part. It's kind of hard to explain but I used the exact color that was used on the original. Also there is a lot of weathering and sanding to be done this is still in an infantile stage. Thanks again for the positive feedback folks and I appreciate all of the comments too they help me improve it so keep it coming.
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:15 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #33

It just gets better and better! What do you mean the red is not even red. Why must you speak in riddles man. This Uncle Joe you speak of maybe that is how your helmet is so perfect Joe Johnston is your uncle. There it is I have figured it out.
    TK-Fett Detective Extrordinair.
  9. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:20 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #34

Nah I wish..it's just a funny acronym I used he's uncle too all of here LOL!
  10. Jan 18, 2003, 12:36 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #35

Would somebody PLEASE shoot me in the freaking head, PLEASE! I don't think even lil Orphan Annie could figure out what is going on here. BTW, Dick Cheney called, he wants the secret formula back. Something about National Security or something.
  11. Appolo_50
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:40 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #36

*shoots MMM in the head* you weren't supposed to tell him you work for Dick Cheney now how are we gonna get the secret formula back to Headquarters in time for Monday's review???????? why do you go and screw things up like this I'm gonna go down and pick up 300 different types of red thats actually brown and see what I can get
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:43 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #37

C17LM I was just wondering since you want to keep your paint secret would you be willing to paint helmets for a fee?
  13. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:49 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #38

Yes I will be painting helmets. I just need to get these two off the bench and I have three others in the wings. After I get this one done and you like it make your choice then and let me know I talked to Brak's about pricing and we'll see what we can come up with that is economical but of equal high quality. I doubt I could ever charge for the time spent on these so I have to think of something else so everyone that wants a paint job can get one at reasonable price.
  14. Ego
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:51 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #39

Just out of curiosity . . you said it was store bought paint right? So . . what's the secret?

It's not like they're missile launch codes . . . hell, it's not even the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices.

It's paint!

15. Jan 18, 2003, 12:53 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #40

Even Pavlov's dogs stopped salivating after a while.
    Jan 18, 2003, 12:54 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #41

I don't think CL17M is withholding the color information for any sort of personal gain or upper-crusty snobbines.

I think he made the reason quite clear:

Quote:Guys it's a long story on the colors. I basically traded some color info for some stuff kind of a barter thing. And if I disclosed it I would violate an agreement I made and I want to honor my word with this person. However we are collaborating on the helmets now and we will work something out so that everyone is taken care of. Please be patient and ask all of the questions you want and I'll try to help.
    Just a little patience people.....

17. formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:14 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #42

Bull ***** he just wants to be the talk of the town. EVERYONE here share's, and is helpful IE: he either wants to be popular or he wants to make money painting helmets GO TO RPF AND PEDDLE YOUR PAINT JOB {{{{{{{{{{{{{ohh look at me {}}}}}}}}}}}}}} woopittdo What an ass
  18. Appolo_50
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:18 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #43

that was kinda uncalled for slave

to C17LM: I in no way meant to belittle you or degrade you. I would like to appologize for any grief I may have caused you. What I said was in no way meant to be malicious but just a light joke. Once again... Sorry.

-Paul
  19. formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:20 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #44

C17LM wrote:

Yes I will be painting helmets. I just need to get these two off the bench and I have three others in the wings. After I get this one done and you like it make your choice then and let me know I talked to Brak's about pricing and we'll see what we can come up with that is economical but of equal high quality. I doubt I could ever charge for the time spent on these so I have to think of something else so everyone that wants a paint job can get one at reasonable price.
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{see what i mean moneymoneymoney }}}}}}}}}} your in the wrong forum this is the help each other out forum . your looking for ebay EVERYBODY HERE CAN PAINT A HELMET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:26 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #45

Dude, too many negative waves...
  21. Jan 18, 2003, 1:31 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #46

Hmmm....there seems to be more to this than a great painted helmet. Although this board has, in my opinion since I've been here, seemed very helpful and generous with the collected intel, it also tends to hold its secrets for obvious reasons. I don't think that a paint color would be copyrighted by LFL, so the obvious reason is mute.

I would like to think that the artist has very good reasons for withholding this info, and will be willing to spill and be a part of the gang as soon as he feels comfortable doing so. Until then, we will progressively lose interest in the entire subject. When the secret is made public, everything will start to jump again, I'm sure.

I have used the analogy of owning wrenches not making a mechanic. Just because the exact color would be known, does not ensure that the mastery of this skilled painter is at risk of being duplicated. You still have to know what to do with that paint.

Since his honor and word are at stake, I respect his decision to withhold his data. I also apologize if it seemed as though I were on the offensive earlier. You do great work. It's the secret paint that is available to the public that is the curious thing. Odd that none of the Fett Geeks(me included) have found it yet.
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:33 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #47

Easy fellas...
  23. formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2003, 1:38 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #48

It Just upsets me... Look at my past posts if i am not one of the most helpful and generous guys on here then i am completely in the wrong but.. why post the picture of the perfect helmet paint job and then not let us in on it .if not for personal gain. EVERYONE i have asked a question of on this board has been more than helpful, except in this thread. It is just mind boogling to me. bottom line i wont post or look at this thread again
  24. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 18, 2003, 6:45 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet)***Update*** #49

Whoa there trigger!
    I have been working with Brak's on this through the whole process and to be honest I said I wasn't going to paint anything for anyone. I'm sure it looks like I have profit as a motive but I'm sure that other members here can vouch for my work and can testify that it's worth what I charged.
    Brak's indicated that a few people may ask me to paint their helmet what am I supposed to do do it for free? I really don't need the extra money to be honest I just do it to help people out and I'm sorry if you feel I'm an attention monger but I worked this project for 4 months and never said a peep.
    I have also made contributions to indentifying pieces on the suit that Brak's and I have also worked together on and the board will know these pieces very very soon as well so get ready.
    I'm a person of my word and I will honor that to the person I gave it to but that doesn't mean I don't want to tell or will never tell. I ask for patience and resolve I'm not trying to play a game or fool with anyone's head if you notice if I was looking for edification don't you think I would have posted this on the RPF? No I shared it here where it belongs and yes the person I traded the info to traded me quite a bit in return and until I make that up to him I can't divluge because what is the value of the trade to him if I did?. It's a matter of time and when I return the compensation back to a friend. I appreciate this board and everyone on it we're all Fett obsessed here and eventually we'll all have the same stuff in the end.
    My helmet is not the greatest it's just another helmet that hopefully will be on the list of the other great helmets on this board I am not an artist and there are improvements to be made and anything that helps get us closer to the real thing helps us all.
  25. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2003, 7:41 AM - Re: Aurora (Helmet) #50

steveday72 wrote:

Very precise weathering - must've taken many hours just to gather your reference images.

Nope! He spent many hours finding the right colors and working out his technique but only a few min asking for a certain ref CD!

For those who are frustrated because Lee won't post the colors RIGHT THIS SECOND:

You may not know C17LM yet, but hopefully you all know me. And hopefully you know that I would never withhold information from you or condone someone else holding information from you without a very good reason. As C17LM pointed out and Tyler Durden reiterated, C17LM spent a lot of time discovering these colors and he made a trade for that color information to attain some pieces he wanted. The details of that trade are none of our business but C17LM has made it know that part of the deal entailed him not spilling the beans immediately. Whether you like it or not, they are as his colors to do with as he likes. He never has to share them if he doesn't want to so I would encourage you to rethink your negative attitude. From what I have seen this board IS different than the RPF! We DO share info. We ARE a closer knit group. However, do not let this familiarity make you think you are OWED information. No one here is in a position to demand anything from anyone else (unless you paid them ) so holster your blasters, put down the thermal detonator and have some respect and patience. These are very exciting times for us as we are getting closer and closer to the goal. Lets not ruin it by making wild accusations or throwing out negative posts on a whim.

EDIT: I have thought about this a bit more and I have a few more things to throw out.

I have been working with Lee through this entire process and I have witnessed the effort that has gone into his discoveries. He has an enormous amount invested in this in both time and money. Some of you feel he should hand the colors over this second but I disagree. Let me tell you what happen,from my own experiences, when someone puts a lot of effort into a project then turns the info over too quikly.

When I discovered the MQ-1 calc I immediately posted the info to the board but asked everyone NOT to rush the market as it would drive up the prices. Well, one guy did and unfortunately ended up making the calc that I got cost about twice as much as it should have! I worked my butt off to make that discovery but because I shared the info too soon, I feel like I hurt myself.

Although it isn't exactly the same situation, Lee DESERVES to get a little something for his efforts and he has arranged to do so while the paint colors still have value. To deny him such a small reward is very selfish on your part and is a good way to keep others from sharing their info in the future. If they can gain nothing by making discoveries why put out the effort at all?