Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #26

Quote TK6682 said: View Post
    Looks great
    Thank you!
    May 1, 2012, 9:45 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #27

Quote Rich D. said: View Post
    Great work! What brand of glue did you use on the chicago screws and the magnets?
    I used GOOP for the magnets on the outside earcap... on the part connected to the helmet I used JB KWIK. I placed a layer of tape inside the helmet to give a little support because the material is thin. Once the JB KWIK cures its solid and holds the magnets well.
    May 1, 2012, 12:20 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #28

Beautifull work man!!!!!!!!!!!! is a great guide to paint a Boba Helmet!!!!!!!!!!!
    May 1, 2012, 1:03 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #29

Way to fill a need on the forums CC
    May 31, 2012, 9:48 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #30

excellent job, I have the same helmet but not yet beginning to paint, and by the way thanks for the shoulder
    Jun 1, 2012, 6:29 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #31

Quote ABE said: View Post
    excellent job, I have the same helmet but not yet beginning to paint, and by the way thanks for the shoulder
    Thank you!

I really want to start this helmet soon but I can't seem to find the time. Hopefully next week!
    Jun 3, 2012, 5:21 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #32

I hear you there CC, trying to find time, you got to be in the moment so nothing else matters, but there always seems to be something to slow us down, but geat work so far mate!
    Jun 3, 2012, 4:06 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #33

Quote clonecollector said: View Post
    Thank you!

I really want to start this helmet soon but I can't seem to find the time. Hopefully next week!

I have the same issue. I have to squeeze any time I have just to find any spare for my Fett...
  9. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Jun 21, 2012, 12:40 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #34

Hay Buddy, Any progress on this?? I got the exact same helmet and want to follow your progress.... cheers!!!
    Jun 21, 2012, 3:15 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #35

Quote pistolpete7408 said: View Post
    Hay Buddy, Any progress on this?? I got the exact same helmet and want to follow your progress.... cheers!!!
    Hey Pete!

This helmet is no longer mine to complete ... I sold it to a member here who will continue the process. I love Fett but decided to let it go and try my hand at something else. I have to say... its easier than I thought it would be... But I'll still be here on TDH and thebhg! Maybe one day in the future (years from now) I'll build up another Fett.

This helmet was ready to paint and I hope the new owner wil lbegin his paintup soon!
    Jun 22, 2012, 4:19 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #36

Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB?
    Jun 23, 2012, 1:10 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #37

Quote HeadlessHunter said: View Post
    Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB?
    It doesn't matter anymore, because he already sold the helmet, but in post #10 he mention:

The almost complete RF/ Antenna. Only thing missing now is the eyepiece. It needs to be painted first and then glued on.
    Jun 23, 2012, 8:47 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #38

I added the lenspiece before I sent it to the new owner. Can't wait to see the paintup... maybe he'll continue it here... I can change the title.

QUOTE=HeadlessHunter;578288]Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB? [/QUOTE]
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Jul 9, 2012, 7:57 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #39

awesome
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 AM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #40

what are you using to trim the helmet and cut out the visor area? I have the same helmet, yours is looking awesome!
    Jul 11, 2012, 5:06 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #41

I used my dremel with a metal cutting wheel for most of the visor. I used a fine grinding tip for the corners. When I get needed to get into the corners I used small files.

Quote BayneVhett said: View Post
    what are you using to trim the helmet and cut out the visor area? I have the same helmet, yours is looking awesome!
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Jul 18, 2012, 1:12 PM - Re: ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup #42

I used my dremel with a metal cutting wheel for most of the visor. I used a fine grinding tip for the corners. When I get needed to get into the corners I used small files.
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. I hope to get mine done in time for C6.