Is this Asok?

  1. #1

    Is this Asok?

    Hello,
    I am guessing this clown from Kelowna B.C. Canada is not an Asok representative? He claims to be, despite everything._57-jpg


    Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet KIT Metal Coldcast Full Size | eBay

  2. #2
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,190

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Asok helmets have the FP logo...

  3. #3
    Jigglenomicon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Denmark
    Posts
    167

    Re: Is this Asok?

    not trying to be a stick in the mud but you cant link to other peoples ebay store here..

    From what i can say this looks like a recast of ASOK's budget kit witch tbh is even cheaper then what this guy is selling this for.

  4. #4

    Re: Is this Asok?

    I realise that. It's what the person is claiming that made me curious. It looks to me to be an Asok with the logo removed, but why he claims to be affiliated with Asok is beyond me.

  5. #5
    Jigglenomicon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Denmark
    Posts
    167

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Because people are scum, this reminds me of another guy from canada claiming that he made the FP budget lid and other people are just recasting from his.

  6. #6

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Can we do something about Canada already? lol

  7. #7

    Re: Is this Asok?

    That is infact one of my ears on helmets, quite similar to the original budget helmet but different. Not affiliated with asok. Hope that clears it up.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/f...erglass-48104/
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/a...et-kits-48846/

  8. #8

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Now now, not all us Canadians are recasters!

  9. #9

    Re: Is this Asok?

    animefan said: View Post
    That is infact one of my ears on helmets, quite similar to the original budget helmet but different. Not affiliated with asok. Hope that clears it up.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/f...erglass-48104/
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/a...et-kits-48846/

    I apologize profusely! Are you actually an honest Ebayer? I didn't think they existed.

  10. #10

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Thanks for the apology. I realize you only had the best intentions at heart. And yes someone good has to combat the recasters on ebay

  11. #11

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Glad we got that sorted quick!

    ...Animefan, every time i see one of your cold cast fiberglass helmets, i want it. lol They buff out nicer than the urethane resin. One of these days im gonna grab a jango from ya Love your work man. I hope to get a paint commission for one of your helmets some time, would love to work on one!

  12. #12

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Thanks Lou, Ill have to get one to you one day

  13. #13

    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: Is this Asok?

    Jigglenomicon said: View Post
    not trying to be a stick in the mud but you cant link to other peoples ebay store here..

    From what i can say this looks like a recast of ASOK's budget kit witch tbh is even cheaper then what this guy is selling this for.
    Yeah, but I doubt the price says anything about seller as much as the cost of materials. Casting materials are VERY expensive in Canada. And if we order from, say, California. We get to pay duties and taxes on them when they get to our door. I used to use BJB enterprises 1630 casting resin. It was 75 bucks to buy it, then about 25 to ship it to my house when I lived in the US. When I moved to Canada, it was 75 to buy it, 55 to ship it, then 46 bucks in taxes and duties when it got to my door. Shipping from Canada is also incredibly expensive. It's about double that of what it is in the US.

    I guess my long winded post summed up would just be. If he could charge less. I'm sure he would he would. it's a great option for those of us in the great white north.

  14. #14
    Jigglenomicon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Denmark
    Posts
    167

    Re: Is this Asok?

    GrottyFurball said: View Post
    I guess my long winded post summed up would just be. If he could charge less. I'm sure he would he would. it's a great option for those of us in the great white north.
    I agree, if i could get at 199UDS helmet without having to pay shipping i would choose that too to be honest, as long as its not some shoddy recast.

    I am sorry if i have jumped the gun here, i didn't realize that it was Animefan's ebay user.
    I have seen people putting up Helmets with the "FP" logo on ebay before claiming that it was made by them , in fact i was really close to buying one before i stumbled upon this forum.

  15. #15

    Re: Is this Asok?

    GrottyFurball said: View Post
    Yeah, but I doubt the price says anything about seller as much as the cost of materials. Casting materials are VERY expensive in Canada. And if we order from, say, California. We get to pay duties and taxes on them when they get to our door. I used to use BJB enterprises 1630 casting resin. It was 75 bucks to buy it, then about 25 to ship it to my house when I lived in the US. When I moved to Canada, it was 75 to buy it, 55 to ship it, then 46 bucks in taxes and duties when it got to my door. Shipping from Canada is also incredibly expensive. It's about double that of what it is in the US.

    I guess my long winded post summed up would just be. If he could charge less. I'm sure he would he would. it's a great option for those of us in the great white north.
    Lol that is so true, not to mention all the ebay and paypal fees On a side note I do offer TDH members a better price and a wider range of products

Similar Threads

  1. BOX CAR RED, is this for real!!??
    By STEVE THE SWEDE in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2005, 6:24 PM
  2. what helmet is this, it doesnt say.
    By thunderbolt885 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2004, 3:57 PM
  3. What is this tube/line for?
    By batninja in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2004, 9:06 PM
  4. My New Helmet - is this a Deluxe? *PICS*
    By Trooper TK409 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 11, 2003, 7:03 AM
  5. What version ammo belt is this?
    By Tyler Durden in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2002, 8:39 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •