Anyone making helmet interiors?

TommyD

Jr Hunter
I know Stormrider was doing this a while ago but he doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Anyone know of anyone else doing this?

Theres no one else that makes an interior like his at the moment as far as I know...If your just wanting something to pad your helmet get some foam padding. He'll turn back up Im sure hes been a member for a while and has been on the board probably just not answering PMs for some reason be patient

Thanks 4 Real. I want the padding AND the look. I won't have that bucket on all the time so when I take it off I want it to have the same "wow factor" as the outside.

I build custom lightsabers and when I build them I do the interiors as well. So when you pop it open you've got the crystal chamber and all the other goodies. So I would like to do that with the bucket too if possible. I'm just nerdy like that :)

I sent him a message so I'm sure he'll get back to me eventually. Hell...I don't even have my bucket yet so there's no hurry. I'm just trying to get a line on all the crafters so when the time comes I know who to send my money to (y)

Seconded.

As for interiors, I'm working on one myself for a non-Fett helmet. If you're up to the challenge, why not try making one yourself? Half the fun of these kind of projects is knowing you did the work and that it's unique.

I'll get some pix up of my personal saber. I've never even thought about taking pix of the other ones I've done but if I get any requests I'll start posting pix of the completed projets. None of my sabers are prop replicas just original concept designs.

As for doing the helmet interiors myself I intend to...to a certain extent. I don't have any sculpting experiance or skills which is why I'd rather leave the "real" details to the pros. Like the interior of the Riddell BF helmet. Stormrider did a great job of replicating that. Something I don't have the skills or the facilities to do. Doing custom stuff on the other hand...now that I can do.

And to be honest, as the parts start rolling in I'd rather spend my time painting than sculpting.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back