anybody have pics of their protocol helmet?

anybody have pics of their protocol helmet?

just wondering if any one has their bucket yet.I am eagerly awaiting mine he said about 20 have been shipped and not to worry but mine was sent to the uk?If you have yours now please post pics.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Re: anybody have pics of their protocol helmet?

You shouldn't have anything to worry about the helmet. You'll get it in a few weeks, it always takes a little while for Customs to lok through packages leaving the country.

no for some reason the seller thought that they were suppossed to send it to the uk, not massachusetts. I was hoping to do fett for halloween with a crash paint job+ touch it up later but i think i may have to make other plans...

anybody?

From
    Roanoke, TX

Why would he send it to the UK if you gave him a US addy???

From
    Pennsylvania

From
    somewhere between raising hell and Amazing Grace

That's a sharp looking bucket! I've never seen or heard about this one before...where can I get more info?

Isn't that just a mystery helmet?

From
    Pennsylvania

Yup...

I thought those were Sarge's domain? What did I miss?

From
    Pennsylvania

I don't know how that works exactly... I had one of his, and this one, while they are very similar, this one has definitely had a bit of work done to it, and comes cleaner out of the box. The fact that its declared a Mystery Helmet pretty much sums up that nobody knows where it came from. Don't think you can really have a "domain" on a mystery. I think the MS, and BKBT Jango, are also reworked Mystery Helmets.

But thats just my opinion based from what I know about 'em... Which isn't much... lol... If I'm wrong about any of that, I'm sure that someone will correct me. Its just what I've gathered from skimming threads here on TDH.
    Last edited by Devilstar2k2; Nov 2, 2006 at 6:17 PM.

No, no...I get your point. I guess a recast is a recast is a recast. It just seems likes some people do it better than others. Is it resin like Sarge's or some other material?

From
    Pennsylvania

Its resin, but not like Sarges. The outside is a nice workable white resin, and the inside is a glossy black resin. I don't cast anything, so I can't give you much more info than that. You'd have to contact Protocol if you want to get anymore specific about the types.

From
    Hartville, Oh.

fettprop said: View Post
    No, no...I get your point. I guess a recast is a recast is a recast. It just seems likes some people do it better than others. Is it resin like Sarge's or some other material?
    This is a pretty sensitive issue, and it could turn into a can o worms pretty quickly. It may be a good idea to stick to the subject. Please understand, I am by no means trying to bust anyone's chops.

ddnt mean to start an " R " word discussion just wanted to see what i hope i'll rcve in the mail soon. maker rcvd pymt on 10/10 and i still dont have a tracking # or know if its been mailed yet. looks like a quality helmet.

From
    Roanoke, TX

I would see no reason a different type of resin was used on the inside of that bucket. Most likely he just dyed the resin on the second or third slush to give the inside a clean black color. It appears he used Smoothcast 300 to do it. Thats what I use in most of my props and my CG helmet. Its a different resin then the SargntFang helmet is. The SC300 is a bit softer and more flexable but only enough to keep your prop from breaking easily. Similar to ABS where it can bend a little if its thick. I have dropped my CG helmets quite a number of times and they dont shatter or break eaisly. I have no clue about the properties of the resin SrgntFang uses though. The only time I was around one I came away feeling it was a bit to brittle for my taste... but JMO.

From
    Pennsylvania

s e
    evan4218 said: View Post
    I would see no reason a different type of resin was used on the inside of that bucket. Most likely he just dyed the resin on the second or third slush to give the inside a clean black color. It appears he used Smoothcast 300 to do it. Thats what I use in most of my props and my CG helmet. Its a different resin then the SargntFang helmet is. The SC300 is a bit softer and more flexable but only enough to keep your prop from breaking easily. Similar to ABS where it can bend a little if its thick. I have dropped my CG helmets quite a number of times and they dont shatter or break eaisly. I have no clue about the properties of the resin SrgntFang uses though. The only time I was around one I came away feeling it was a bit to brittle for my taste... but JMO.
    Thats exactly how it is... And thats the same way that I feel about it compared to the SF. Not saying that it is better, just that I personally like it better.

From
    Sherwood Park, AB, Canada

I just got my clone bucket today.. no pics as yet.. simply fantastic, makes me want to get a Boba.