Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Feb 12, 2012, 4:42 PM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #26

Armydad - Make lemonade out of those lemons. You can chalk this up to a fantastic opportunity to become more aquainted with a Dremmel, Filler, Sandpaper, Primer....everything in your builder's arsenal. With some time, creativity and hard work, I'm sure you're gonna have a respectible bucket. Then, you can keep it as your FIRST, or off it and pick up one of the other recommended suppliers at some point. We've ALL contributed to the VERY LARGE learning curve that is associated with this hobby. Good luck to ya!!
    Mar 2, 2012, 6:31 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #27

Thanks for all the input guys, as for the "why didnt I just buy a trusted helmet to begin with?" comments, well the answer to that is easy, asok doesnt always answer his email in a timely manner, and Ill admit, I get a little impatient when I want to start a new project, so Ill chalk this helm up to my guinie-pig stage of my fetting fettish. but here's an earlier photo of what Ive been able to do with it, Ive done a little more detailing since this pic was taken and its looking pretty good, when I do finally get a nicer cold cast it will be awe inspiering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01233.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	59092  
    Mar 2, 2012, 6:32 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #28

you can follow it more if you'd like on another boba fett helmet wip.
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 30, 2012, 9:48 PM - eBay helmet #29

I have one of these helmets & it seems ok. The rf stalk it came with was actually straight. I'm just about done painting it, & I'll try to post some pictures when I finish!
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Apr 4, 2012, 7:20 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #30

@ AAA8639: Id love to see what you've done with yours.
    Apr 4, 2012, 10:42 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #31

Quote Armydad said: View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, as for the "why didnt I just buy a trusted helmet to begin with?" comments, well the answer to that is easy, asok doesnt always answer his email in a timely manner, and Ill admit, I get a little impatient when I want to start a new project, so Ill chalk this helm up to my guinie-pig stage of my fetting fettish. but here's an earlier photo of what Ive been able to do with it, Ive done a little more detailing since this pic was taken and its looking pretty good, when I do finally get a nicer cold cast it will be awe inspiering.

Holy hell, that's the same helmet?! I think you did a fantastic job on it! Don't let other people tell you what you "should" buy. You bought what was available and what you wanted and I think it turned out great! Nicely done!
  7. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 6, 2012, 7:10 PM - #32

Add Content
  8. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 6, 2012, 7:11 PM - Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #33

Armydad, where did you get the visior you used? I got one on ebay 1:1 scale & it didn't fit. I got another one on the way designed to fit the mystery helmets, which if the other members are correct on this dome's origin, should fit perfect. Any thoughts would help!
    Apr 10, 2012, 3:14 PM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #34

I used the laser cut Extended size SW from rembrandt studios on ebay, needed to do a little trimming on both the bucket and a tad bit on the visor to get it to fit. But it fit just right in the end. You can check out the build thread on the helmet in my other post mentioned a few post up, to see how I mounted the visor.
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Apr 12, 2012, 10:58 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #35

Check out my thread, my buddy bought the same one and all I have to say is MAN! It needs so much help. I was going to paint it for him but with all the problems it has I think he'd be better of buying a new kit. Hopefully you get a better cast and it was the same seller.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/f...eds-cpr-44556/

maybe I should have read the whole post before I posted....I'm a DA.

I just won the bid on this kit from ebay, does any one else have one or know its origin, and just looking for all around thoughts on it, thanks.
    Last edited by Red5sixx; Apr 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 12, 2012, 9:27 PM - Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #36

I also got the one from rembrandt studios & ended up braking it. I ordered one from Bobamaker, i'm hoping this will be a perfect fit
    Apr 13, 2012, 5:19 PM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #37

Hope it works for you AAA, I drilled the holes in mine with rounded file by hand instead of my drill to avoid breaking or cracking, it took forever but did the trick lol. Feel free to show us your BM visor, Im eager to see how it fits.
    Apr 13, 2012, 5:23 PM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #38

I mounted mine with 4 anchor points.

Name:	DSC01177.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	60336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01176.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	60337  
  14. Member Since
    Feb 2011
    May 8, 2012, 6:42 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #39

What did you use to mount the Screws.
    May 8, 2012, 8:34 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #40

My glue of choice at the time was shoe goo, takes about 24 hours to fully set but its super strong, and still a little rubbery for just the right amount of give.
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    May 8, 2012, 7:40 PM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #41

Another good maker of helmet is BGHunter, sure it would't be cold cast but at least you'd be purchasing a excellent product from another trusted member.

jAG
    May 9, 2012, 10:55 AM - Re: Any thoughts on this helmet kit? #42

Id have to say that Fett Pride, Asok, and Boba Maker seem to be some of the more popular vendors of helmets, but I was un able to reach any of them and came across this helmet by chance, and picked it up. I have long since finished building the kit, here are my results- Im happy.

Name:	DSC01358.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	60926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01357.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	60927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01359.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	60928  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01360.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	60929