Subscribe
    Nov 25, 2011, 11:58 AM - Any opinions on this Badger airbrush kit? #1

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this airbrush kit from Badger Co. as it will be on sale through amazon.com's Black Friday deals later today (Friday 11/25):

Amazon.com: Badger Air-Brush Co. 100-34 (G-F) Illustrator Set, G Airbrush/100-3, Fine Head: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Not sure what the price will be, but it should be well under $100. Of course, you need your own compressor, and won't really need the paint except to practice using an airbrush with.
    Nov 25, 2011, 12:51 PM - Re: Any opinions on this Badger airbrush kit? #2

Seems like that kit is geared toward detail work. It says the max spray pattern is 51mm, which isn't really that wide.
    If you're spraying the base colors onto a helmet or piece of armor, a wider spray pattern will give much more even coverage
    without having to overlap your passes as much.

If it were me, I'd pass on it and look for something that has more range of adjustment.
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Nov 25, 2011, 5:15 PM - Re: Any opinions on this Badger airbrush kit? #3

I have an old Badger kit (15 yrs old) and you cannot go past it's simplicity and ease of operation and cleaning and I find it good for fine detail work, I use mine for 1/72 model aircraft kits. But as superjedi pointed out go for something that has a wide range of adjustment to the spray pattern especially when painting armor. Most often quality comes at a price but if you have not used an airbrush before don't go spending big bucks on something that may not suit you or you may only use once (say to do your armor).
    Nov 25, 2011, 8:03 PM - Re: Any opinions on this Badger airbrush kit? #4

Thanks for your advice superjedi and boba mike! Guess I'll keep my eye out for other brushes.