ANY IDEAS FOR MANNEQUIN BASE/STAND

ANY IDEAS FOR MANNEQUIN BASE/STAND

Hey All
    first up im not to sure if this is the right thread section for this but i will put it here anyway.its been a while since i have posted here.i have got my fett finished now and purchased a mannequin to display it (will post some photos of it soon).i am looking to see if anyone has done any good base/stand ideas for the mannequin .obviously something star wars orientated .was thinking maybe something illuminated like the chamber from cloud city .any pics or ideas appreciated and i will post pics with progress.
    all the best
    paul

From
    Atlanta, GA

Re: ANY IDEAS FOR MANNEQUIN BASE/STAND

idea, take a circular incandescent lamp and ballast (available at home stores for about $10)...sandwhich this between two 1/4" pieces of clear acrylic (use nylon spacers, also at home goods store)...take a circular piece of mdf, cut whatever pattern you want into it (imperial, mandalorian, etc) and attach to the top piece of acrylic...you may want to buy some frosting spray for the acrylic so the lamp isn't so garrish...through the middle of all this you could run a bit of steel plumbing pipe to act as a support for the mannequin...cheers

From
    Waltham, MA

Re: ANY IDEAS FOR MANNEQUIN BASE/STAND

mine isn't so interesting... it's a dark grey square. the cool feature is something i picked up here years ago. it's a circle of aluminum about 1/4" thick and 18" diameter. it's got the fett skull laser cut out of it. that's on the base by boba's feet.