I finally got my 1st bucket done. Its taken alot of hours - as most of you know but it was well worth the effort. I can already tell you that my next one will be layed. I learned quite a bit not just from these boards but also from the personal experience. So let me say thanks to everyone for all the input - not just on my helmet but from other threads as well.
So as you can tell, it started out as a BM bucket which I purchased from Madrid Boba back in march.
From there, I added the base coats along with a little masking.
Then I began the topical weathering.
Added the kill stripes
And some work on the scratches and dent.
And there you have it. I still need to line the inside and put the cover over the back vent. The range finder is stationary. As I've said in other posts on this, I've seen the other HS Fett bucket and though I think it looks very cool, I wanted my colors a bit more dark/intense. Please let me know what you think. Oh, and I know that the annimated Fett doesn't have the skull on his shoulder, but mine does!