Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

amiadfilter strikes again!

From
    Las Eisley Spaceport, NV

amiadfilter strikes again!

Well I purchased one of amiadfilter's recast buckets off ebay about a month ago. Mine, however, did not look as bad as poor deadbolt's, and I can say that it is infact "mystery" size I measured it myself to make sure.

Not to say that there aren't any problems with the casting, mine does need to be sanded around the bottom edge, and the inside is just pure fiberglass. There is no solid coating other than a layer of black primer inside. But the helmet is a solid workable peice without any holes and mine came with all of the parts including the stalk. I have started to paint it ESB style by hand and from the outside with the paint on it it looks pretty dang good. I would post some pics but my camera's usb cable is missing.

I think amadfilter my have read deadbolts post and all of your replys because mine is a much better project helmet than his. It was still pricey at $180 bucks (including shipping). I know I got burned there, but what are you gonna do right?

I will probably get another bucket later but if I can manage to turn this one into the helmet I want then I know my second will be a sinch.

From
    California

Re: amiadfilter strikes again!

Yeah, I have one of those too - mine isnt so bad...

Its a nice size... fits me perfectly...

Its been cleaning up rather nicely... I am still sanding and finishing it...

mine was also not too pretty on the inside...

I should begin to paint soon... but I want to make sure its exactly the way I want it before I lay down any paint.

ah, well... live and learn...
    I bought it before I found this site...

once again I will say I HATE EBAY!

From
    Newport News, VA

Desert_Beagle said:
    and the inside is just pure fiberglass. There is no solid coating other than a layer of black primer inside.
    You're definitely gonna have to coat the inside, unless you like having a reeeeally itchy head
    Not sure what I'd recommend. . . maybe one of those rubberized paints? The ones you use to put "grippy" surfaces on tools?
    Anybody else have any ideas?

From
    Las Eisley Spaceport, NV

On covering the inside, I was planning on using a kind of helmet foam to line the entire inside and cover that in a type of cloth. My original intent was to build a voice amp mic into the helmet but I'll probably do that for my second one.

From
    Newport News, VA

Sounds cool!

Account Deactivated cookiemongoloid's Avatar
    From
    U.S. California

[QUOTE=Desert_Beagle]Well I purchased one of amiadfilter's recast buckets off ebay about a month ago. Mine, however, did not look as bad as poor deadbolt's, and I can say that it is infact "mystery" size I measured it myself to make sure. QUOTE]

Uh......Deadbolt wasn't the one who got screwed.....I WAS! I talked deadbolt out of buying that helmet. Hey Beagle, can you send a mail to amiadfilter asking him to send me, Cookiemongoloid, all of the parts he OWE'S me. Thanks.

By the way, I am glad you did not have to suffer the horrific ordeal I had to, buying from amiadfilter. Cheers!

From
    B.C.

Yeah, Come on Geoff! Cough up the parts you owe and quite ripping guys off!

Account Deactivated cookiemongoloid's Avatar
    From
    U.S. California

Oh Mr. Geoff Higgens. How did you know what his name was Marrow Sun?

From
    Chicagoland

That low life wont show his face here.

From
    B.C.

cookiemongoloid said:
    Oh Mr. Geoff Higgens. How did you know what his name was Marrow Sun?
    I've done my homework. He was a member here years ago. If he still is I imagine he's using a sockpuppet account to check in.

From
    ma

dont buy a helmet from amiadfilter(ebay name)i learn that today!!!!!

From
    The miserable mill

MARROW SUN said:
    I've done my homework. He was a member here years ago. If he still is I imagine he's using a sockpuppet account to check in.

i'm glad i'm not the only one gifting with psychological powers

-=QuinN!

From
    Portland, OR

Amiadfiler is the bucket I bought much to my dismay after the fact.

From
    Chicagoland

Everyone complains about him, yet nobody gives him negative feed-back. Give some negative feed-back or stop complaining about it!

pennywise said:
    Everyone complains about him, yet nobody gives him negative feed-back. Give some negative feed-back or stop complaining about it!

Pretty good point But on the flip side, anyone who's trying to keep their OWN feedback rating tidy, wouldn't want to risk a retaliatory negative feedback from this jack. A double edged sword, indeed

FP

From
    Earth

While his helmet might not be so bad, us geeks that have been spoiled on TDH made helmets will tell you his helmet is very very bad in comparison, might as well spent just a little more for a better canvas.

From
    Chicagoland

fettpride said:

Pretty good point But on the flip side, anyone who's trying to keep their OWN feedback rating tidy, wouldn't want to risk a retaliatory negative feedback from this jack. A double edged sword, indeed

FP
    I totally understand, but if nobody ever leaves NEG. feed-back, this is going to keep happening. Come on, somebody have a pair and leave this guy what he deserves!

From
    Las Eisley Spaceport, NV

Just out of curiosity, why did we dig this out of the dungeons. Amiadfilter sucks and lets leave it at that. But on the flip side one of his helmets can be made into something with work.

Granted, for what it costs you can get an MS3 or BM bucket with less than half the cleanup job, but I didn't know any better.

From
    Detroit, Michigan

fettpride said:

FP
    FP that is exactly what i think...that is a problem with ebay. I wish they would figure out a better feedback system.

From
    Portland, OR

In my case I didn't think it was bad until I found other helmets to compare it to. By that time I had already left feedback and like others have said, maintaining your score on eBay is important to some when dealing with the possibility of retaliatory feedback.

And might I add it is an individual's responsibility to research before buying. Of course taking one's own advice I would hope that future purchases are wisely made >.< But hindsight is 20/20
    Last edited by MacRory; May 11, 2006 at 10:50 AM.

From
    Detroit, Michigan

john.django said:
    FP that is exactly what i think...that is a problem with ebay. I wish they would figure out a better feedback system.
    BTW mine is 100%

From
    Chicagoland

john.django said:
    BTW mine is 100%
    What's the big deal with 100% It's not like you get anything from it. As I said before, I've probably done close to 175 transactions on ebay (buying and selling) I have three NEG. from sellers that outright screwed me and then left NEG, feed-back on top of it because I told the truth. Again 100% positive gets you what? I feel good knowing I exposed those a$$whipes for who they were, so I have 99.8 % out of 175 WHOA nobody deal with me I might screw you too!

From
    Newport News, VA

Yes, what is the obsession with keeping a 100% feedback rating on eBay???
    If you get less than 100% is that going to affect your credit rating or something?
    Are masked marauders going to kick in your front door some night and pistol whip you?
    I just don't get it I guess.

From
    Chicagoland

superjedi said:
    Yes, what is the obsession with keeping a 100% feedback rating on eBay???
    If you get less than 100% is that going to affect your credit rating or something?
    Are masked marauders going to kick in your front door some night and pistol whip you?
    I just don't get it I guess.

From
    Fort Worth, TX

When I search for an item to buy (not necessarily Fett-related), and several sellers offer that item for the same price, I use feedback as a way to measure a seller's credibility. For instance, if a seller consistently misspells words or insults buyers for leaving derogatory feedback, I stay away from that seller.

And I usually trust 100% sellers first (so that I don't have to read the others), so it helps to keep that percentage high...especially if you're selling on eBay as a business.

There are sellers that receive an unusual amount of negative feedback due to clueless, uneducated or uninformed buyers, depending on the category of the sellers' items ("I thought this was for a XBox, not a Playstation- what's the difference?"). I don't hold that particular feedback against them, but then again, I tend not to buy anything from eBay unless I know exactly what I'm getting. When in doubt, it never hurts to send the seller an E-mail for more information.

In summary, if you're just buying things from time to time on eBay, 100%feedback is probably not that important. But if you're a seller, your rating can set expectations for your customers.