Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 11, 2007, 6:06 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #26

I feel all warm and fuzzy looking at those pics.... MMMMMMMM!
    Jul 11, 2007, 7:02 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #27

Ok, spill it. Did you do those or your bud? It better be you, if not, Im loosing faith in ya brotha.

Looks awesome man, you should be proud.
  3. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Jul 11, 2007, 11:09 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #28

ooooo, pretty..:o
    Jul 11, 2007, 11:21 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #29

Yup!!! Very nice there Tim, as always!!!!!
    D
    Jul 12, 2007, 12:17 AM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #30

Why do you want to keep taking my money?

I would probably be in, pending price and Sgt. Fang's final approval on the MH size.
    Jul 12, 2007, 10:39 AM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #31

Ok,
    First off, I AM NOT seeking out ANY helmet makers myself to PROFIT off of there work.

All I want to do is help people out and allow them to have a killer set of ears for their helmet.

When and if you guys ask the person that made you helmet if its cool, you MUST tell them that YOU are wanting this done....not me.

Also, if someone goes to the person that made their helmet and asks them if "I" being "psberetta" can make ears to fit the helmet that they "MADE" or whatever you want to call it, then the person asking needs to tell the "maker" that "I" am not wanting to " COPY " their resin ears that they "made". I want to make a set that will fit it not a recast.

If I get another PM forwarded to me that says " So this guy wants to copy my resin ears".......I will pay my buddy for his time and call this off .

-Tim-
    Jul 12, 2007, 1:37 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #32

Sounds like a good way to cover yourself man, good thinking. Dont want to copy anyone. But dude, if it's turning into a big deal, I wont mind at all if you call it done. Ill back ya up on that.
    Jul 12, 2007, 3:04 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #33

Wow, impressive stuff; I'd be interested in a set for my DP'95 if the price is right - I fancy turning my old DP into a project anyway
    Jul 12, 2007, 5:14 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #34

Wow. Sorry to hear your getting bad PMs. Sounds like there might be a few jerks out there about this.

Once again the ugly recast word gets thrown out there. If somebody is trying to make something that only makes an existing product better, why can't we all just get along?

And why can't people realize that its impossible to "recast" something from a milled aluminum block?

Sorry PSB about assuming that you were contacting the helmet makers. PM me and let me know if Sarge has Pm'd you. If not I'll get in contact with him and see whats up.

Thanks
  10. HMPOTC33 is offline HMPOTC33
    Jul 16, 2007, 2:23 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #35

Everyone out to lighten up and get off of Tim's case. Here it is one of the finest Fett craftsmen in the World, and you are giving him grief over a term called re-casting. American Heritage Dictionary defines recasting as "to mold again, re-fashion, remodel". Please don't utilize this term(recast) when something is being "refashioned", ie Tims work, to fit your particular needs and create an improvement over ones commonly used ir availble(ie,ears). He is [B]not doing a [/B]"duplicate", ie defined as again in the American Heritgage as "identical copy, to make twofold".
    So maybe when we are making new items in an entirely new medium, ie molded plastic/fiberglass and converting to metal, we can re-consider it in its correct definition and terminology. I mean if you want to get crazy about this can't you say all the metal flamethrowers, darts, viewfinders,stalks are then re-cast, or are they really "improvements" of ones commonly availble . Just improving or "plusing" an item would be more like it. So Tim if you want I'll take a set of metal ears to "improve my bucket" any time you want. Just a thought
    Jul 16, 2007, 2:38 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #36

Wow, some people...

Whoever's PMing you needs to lighten up. Recasting or copying usually entails someone copying another's work, skipping the hard parts, and making a few quick bucks, most of the time with shoddy products.

What Tim (or the guy who's milling them) is doing is creating them from SCRATCH. There is no "recasting" being done. All the hard work is still put on the shoulder's of the person milling them. There are no short cuts to take. And Tim's not out for a quick buck, he'll be offering them at as low a cost as possible, so that everyone can have these. And don't get me started on the quality and craftsmenship. If you've ever recieved a PSB aluminum piece, you'll know that he doesn't skimp. So you can rest assured these will be the best quality possible.

Hopefully this can still happen, as I'd love to see these ears on all the great helmets out there.

-Chris
    Jul 16, 2007, 2:41 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #37

Mmm!! Nice work Tim!!!!
    Jul 16, 2007, 2:43 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #38

Cant wait to see the RF earcap!
    Last edited by evan4218; Jul 18, 2007 at 9:44 AM. Reason: Trying to keep thread positive! :)
    Jul 16, 2007, 2:49 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #39

Quote evan4218 said: View Post
    Aint that the truth!
    Sad....
  15. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Jul 16, 2007, 5:51 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #40

Well, it's unfortunate, but this type of thing happens all the time behind the scene's in PM...and has also happened to me too in the last few days ....?? yea go figure??

But this type of thing shouldn't stop Tim, or anyone for that matter, from making a product that everyone can benifit from if that person so desires....As long as it's his own work, or Tim gets the permisson from the maker. Then to me he's covered all his basis....heck what else is there after that?
    NO ONE should be "Bullied" because they've made an assumption and don't have all the facts first.

So I say PRESS ON TIM!!!...you are a great asset to this board, and your work speaks for itself....a true artist.:thumbup
    I for one appreciate all that you've done for us Fett-heads...you've helped me out tremendously in my quest.
    Heck isn't that what this is all about in the end?? Helping eachother??....................well, for most anyway.

You da man TIM!:thumbup.....I for one can't wait to see what else you have instore for us...whatever it is, count me in bro!!
  16. Jul 16, 2007, 6:45 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #41

Well said Spidey!

I too can attest to the fact that my Boba wouldn't be any where close to what it is with out all the additional quality pieces that Tim has produced! Especially when doing the ESB version, I mean, psberretta's flame thrower unit, Good Lord, GOOD NIGHT!!! All the additon of the quailty machined aluminum pieces just adds to the overall impression of the suit and help suspending disbelief that your not actually Boba! So Tim, YES, KEEP ON, PUSHIN' ON and KEEP SEEKING THAT HIGHER GROUND and please put me down for a future set of I what I know will be...

"The ULTIMATE SET OF EARS"!

THX

P.S. Machined Aluminum Jet pack Adjustment tool cross hairs man!
    Jul 18, 2007, 8:55 AM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #42

OK guys, Moderator hat on here...

Leave this thread to what it was made for. Psberetta has made it clear that he will not copy anyone's ears who doesn't give him permission to do so and he has also said that he understands why SS mentioned the RS ears. There is no need to continue this senseless back and forth over it and there is no need to derail innocent threads such as this one.

Thank you.
    Jul 18, 2007, 5:29 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #43

Part #3....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01278.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	18975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01279.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	18976  
    Jul 18, 2007, 5:32 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #44

WOW! Great work Timmy. How long until its on your helmet?
  20. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Jul 18, 2007, 5:36 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #45

I think I just fainted.
    Jul 18, 2007, 5:49 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #46

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    I think I just fainted.
    You and everybody else!!
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Jul 18, 2007, 5:50 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #47

Skillz that payz the billz.
    Jul 18, 2007, 6:09 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #48

I'm sorry if i missed this already or read over it. But will these work with a Mystery helmet?
    These look great.
  24. Jul 18, 2007, 6:13 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #49

WOW, JUST WOW, TIM!!!

Every time I see another one of your machined aluminum projects, I just get giddy!

Jul 18, 2007, 7:04 PM - Re: Aluminum ears........ #50

Quote goldenrod said: View Post
    I'm sorry if i missed this already or read over it. But will these work with a Mystery helmet?
    These look great.
    He sized them to fit his Don Post '95 helmet.....of which I have one, too!