Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Aug 30, 2007, 9:46 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #76

Ok quick qustion.the hobby town usa here where i live has closed, so pollyscale pints are out.I just need to know what color in a rattlecan looks closest to lark grey.I plan on masking off the silver areas on the dome, and spraying the grey the masking off the outlines around the scratches.I thought maybe a dark flat grey would be good, but primer seems to rub off to easily, and finding a flat dark grey is a task.I am trying to avoid brushing on the grey as it looks to thick, when it is done.
    as for the mandibles, I always do those topically, and I like to use rust red acrylic simply brushed on, rather than the burgundy spray.
    Sep 6, 2007, 9:45 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #77

what are the colors of fetts ESB helmet...when u figure it out post a pic of it because all brands have diffrent names for that color...(SIGH...)
    Sep 10, 2007, 7:56 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #78

question.. is the upper cheeks and back on the helmet really part blue? Cause I swear I see alot of ROTJ helmets where it's just darker green. ANy help would be awesome, I just want to be accurate but I also need to be sure that this is right before I go buy paints, paint it and hate how it looks
    Dec 14, 2007, 2:42 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #79

those colours remind me of the ninja turtles dark jedi :P looks cool
    Apr 1, 2008, 10:22 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #80

Slight change to the list as far as the ESB colors go. We recently started carrying a brand of paints at Lowe's called Valspar. They have a color called 'Merlot' (pronounced MER-low) which looks alot closer to the screen used color than the Krylon Burgundy Satin. The Valspar Merlot has more of a brown undertone to it as opposed to the pink undertone in the Burgundy Satin. Here's a pic of it on my MSH2 without any weathering. Just finished putting on the base colors. Tomorrow I'll do the killstripes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cnv0003.jpg 
Views:	1421 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	23721  
  6. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 5, 2008, 5:45 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #81

Hey guys
    Ive been racking my brain and my patience trying to get the base colour right for a fett helm i got a while ago. I have repainted it god knows how many times and have too many colours of green but still even with misting and mixing it doesnt come anywhere close. Just wondering if there are any irish fett heads that know where to find a good spray that matches the base? Unfortunately all the paints listed here cant be found in Dublin, well not by me anyways:P

Cheers lads

*edit, not sure if i should have posted in this sticky or made a new thread*
    Apr 11, 2008, 1:04 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #82

cant wait to see it all weathered up AFFO$!!! Yer paint jobs are always some of my favorites
  8. Apr 21, 2008, 4:39 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #83

Hey Dark Jedi,
    I have a helmet like that, that I'm repainting as a ROTJ. Get some gloss black and go over the area of the "T" visor that is false, it makes it look more like a full visor. Or just do what i'm doing cut it out and replace it. Way better visibility. Just a thought.. Otherwise looks good.
    Apr 21, 2008, 6:26 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #84

Quote Outlaw Assassin said: View Post
    Hey Dark Jedi,
    I have a helmet like that, that I'm repainting as a ROTJ. Get some gloss black and go over the area of the "T" visor that is false, it makes it look more like a full visor. Or just do what i'm doing cut it out and replace it. Way better visibility. Just a thought.. Otherwise looks good.
    Yes, this is something I agree with because that lower half of the visor makes the whole thing look worse. It's like a huge mole on someone's face. The rest may look great, but all you see is that one hideous blemish. I'd highly recomend cutting off the fake visor part and getting a full visor.
  10. Member Since
    May 2005
    Dec 27, 2008, 3:43 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #85

Thanks for posting.Beautiful paint work.

Dave
  11. Jan 28, 2009, 2:45 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #86

Hello what colors can i use on helmet?I can only find vallejo,humbrol,tamiya,modelmaster in Turkey.Airbrush Colors?
  12. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jan 28, 2009, 4:03 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #87

This list is for spraypaints.

The airbrush colours are listed here:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Jan 30, 2009, 7:34 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #88

Hi, I was wondering if you knew of any particular chain store that carried polly scale paints. Or, would most art supply stores carry them?

Thank you,

Timmer
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Jan 30, 2009, 7:35 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #89

Look in hobby shops around you. I doubt any art store would carry PS paints.
    Jan 31, 2009, 9:28 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #90

O.K. Thanks very much.
  16. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Feb 11, 2009, 12:18 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #91

Great list! This is just what I need (or will need when I get to that point) to try my hand at painting the helmet once I finish "Cheapo Fett v0.02b". Now if I could just find a post like this one with a collection of all the different types of materials you folks are all using. Cheapo Fett is made of garbage, literally since I couldn't even find the thick cardboard stuff locally. I am building him out of the remains of three ring binders that were in the trash at work!

Is there a good collection anywhere of materials, sources, and general price info anywhere? A few searches only turned up antman's post which,while excellent,doesn't help me find that cardboard here in Ohio,or even in the US for that matter.
    Feb 13, 2009, 6:19 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #92

Search for "garbage can armor" or "trash can armor".. There are some great threads here for that. Also take a peek at the Mandalorian Mercenary site. Many folks there have unique ways of making their armor, etc.
    Apr 25, 2009, 8:20 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #93

Thanks for the great info!
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Apr 27, 2009, 10:55 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #94

Thanks man this was a big help.
    Jun 19, 2009, 7:30 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #95

THIS IS Awesome!! I'm currently doing the same thing......this should all be a sticky
  21. Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Jun 24, 2009, 9:43 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #96

Looks really good!
    Oct 22, 2009, 11:23 PM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #97

I will be using this awesome info to paint up my Son's Halloween Helmet. Thanks for all the hard work on this.
  23. Nov 5, 2009, 1:17 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #98

I am glad this is here Thanks Affo if your still around.
    If you were near I'd buy you a beer I'm waiting on my bucket to get here and this tutorial really helps.
    Dec 3, 2009, 1:56 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #99

Wow thanks alot for this makes it so much easier now i can paint my helmet:]
    Dec 10, 2009, 2:55 AM - Re: AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED #100

I used this and just about every spray can I could find and IT turned out really well I think. I did use testor airbrush paints for the ear caps though.