Well, it's 22 degrees and snowing outside, so I figured it was time to paint another helmet. This is a MS1 that I have made some slight modifications to. I squared up the corners of the cheeks, and changed the angle of the vanes behind the ears to give it a more screen accurate look. I also did a little work on the dent to give it a more ESB appearance. For this project I have decided to go with the layered paint scheme with a slight twist. I have noticed in the threads where people are using this technique that the silver is the only layer that is masked off. Once this is done they go back to topically painting the greys and maroons once the base colors have been applied. For my little experiment here, I am goint to layer it all the way to the top, with the greys and maroons being applied before the final base coats. I am also following JFJr's lead from his thread and painting this one as a Film Accurate ESB paintscheme. I have a screen capture from the Cloud City Hallway Scene that show's a good shot of the helmet and the abscence of certain scratches that are on the helmet as it exists today. Here's some pics of the progress so far.
Oh, yeah...this helmet will be for sale upon it's completion