Subscribe
    Mar 10, 2014, 6:23 AM - Adding flare to helmet #1

Hey guys, i've been looking at my Don Post Deluxe Fett and I can safely say- it looks way too... thin... is there any way, I can possibly make it wider to add flare?
    It's fiberglass and I do not have advanced tools- what would be your suggestion?
    Mar 12, 2014, 11:35 AM - Re: Adding flare to helmet #2

Quote Metadude said: View Post
    Hey guys, i've been looking at my Don Post Deluxe Fett and I can safely say- it looks way too... thin... is there any way, I can possibly make it wider to add flare?
    It's fiberglass and I do not have advanced tools- what would be your suggestion?
    I would suggest picking up another helmet to play with.

Your Don Post Deluxe is a small bit of Fett history - I wouldn't mess with it.

And on that note, if you'd like to part with it, well, PM me.
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 PM - Re: Adding flare to helmet #3

I epoxy a steel bar, bent at just the right angle, to the insides both cheeks near the bottom of the helmet. I did this with my ASOK GMH when one of the cheeks started to warp a bit when I cut the visor out. My epoxy job accidentally created the classic ESB flare.
    With my FPH2, I epoxide the bar into the helmet BEFORE cutting out the visor to maintain the flare these helmets have already.

BTW Metadude, I'd love to see a vid on the DP helmet history. I've bookmarked the threads you posted for reading later tonight.
  4. Mar 12, 2014, 1:49 PM - Re: Adding flare to helmet #4

I agree with Rubio...the DP deluxe is a semi-rare helmet, and def a part of Fett and DP history. I wouldnt mess with it either.

That said, what Necro posted works for the vinyl or resin helmets, but the DP deluxe is fiberglass so i dont really think there is much you could do in the sense of adding flair.

.....unless you want to add buttons and pins and ribbons....oh wait..wrong kind of flair!
    Mar 12, 2014, 11:54 PM - Re: Adding flare to helmet #5

@Rubio- definitely do not want to part with it, and if I did- the price to get rid of it would be too low on this forum

@Necronaut- if only I had advanced tools XD and thanks for the bookmark :3

@Darth- Well, I will definitely follow the advice you and rubio suggested- keep it as is, and I suppose when I have cash I could buy a GMH

Now, to get cash I need to find someone interested in the don post TK XD