Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3rd times a charm

3rd times a charm

dsc03985-jpgdsc03989-jpgdsc03988-jpgthis is my most recent lid ive been makeing ive used 1 of my previous lids actualy the buck i made for my last lid and cut it all up back to singel peices then cut them down heated and bent them then reatached then and the same with the ears i basicly just trimed them in parts and added to them in other all ear peices are seperate i added the micro cut out and imm going to make the mounting system the same as the real ears also thats a real borden conector im going to cut them up so i can turn it around as per to get the corect look, thats the same paint in direct sun light and in the shade it realy makes a big diffrents, my batteris are dead in my cam so i couldnt take comparisons of this lid with my previous 2 but it imo is alot closer than ive gotten before/
    Any way id like to know what you guys think its hard to judge youre own build each time i think ive nailed it then i see all the things not right and remake another 1

From
    Austin, Texas

Re: 3rd times a charm

It look's nice, But in the first pic the bottom of the visor is a bit bent inwards, is it supposed to be bent like that?

From
    Austin, Texas

If a range finder was attached to the helmet would it be able go up and down? and how much would the shipping be if it was shipped to shanghai and/or the u.s?

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

its looking good bud

THANX GUYS the ear peice is set up likeall boba helmets so yes up and down no problem and that tha angle has created that taper also i havent glued in the vizor cut out so it sort of wants to push it self in i made it this way so it doesnt fleir out like bell bottoms keep im mind this is the buk the copies wont have that aspect , but il make a few adjustments befor i cast this pupy up
    And to send to the states is about 59 id guess that its cheeper to send it china but if your interested il get a quote
    Last edited by BGHunter; Dec 6, 2010 at 6:25 AM.

From
    Ipswich QLD Australia

S-O-L-I-D Lid looks bulletproof go the BGH2

Evilhemmes said: View Post
    S-O-L-I-D Lid looks bulletproof go the BGH2
    yes there will be kevlar weave thru some of them (SERIOUSLY) you never know when its going to be needed

PS i see you got your new costume i sent you i told you it was worth every cent of the 4000 bux we will be the enve of all fetts

From
    Austin, Texas

I'm quite interested, So can you hold onto it for as long as possible? I'm still trying to figure out a way to tell my parents that I'm part of this community, If I do it the right way I might be able to get their permission to get the helmet, So if you can hold onto it until I tell them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ill be making a mold of it this week then ill be able to pull a cast when ever you or any one else who wants one is ready mate so theres no rush or need for your consern just drrp me a pm when your sorted plus ill have a for sale thread in the trading post next week id say
    Also comes with range finder set up

From
    Austin, Texas

Ok, Many thanks

From
    Austin, Texas

I have a question or two, You know that bump looking thing on the right cheek? What is it? And what are the arrows on the dome for?

the bump i asume you mean the borden conector thats just a part of the boba style helmet its actualy a peice from a dental drill ans the arows are on both boba and jango helmets its realy just a desing to fill up some blank space realy all these parts are as they apear on the real boba helmet

From
    Austin, Texas

Ok thanks for the info

From
    Austin, Texas

I was wondering how big a boba helmet is, so I spent the entire afternoon making a paper helmet using the WoF blueprints and I made this

p101207002-jpg

So...........is it really that big?
    the toy boba is a hasbro and is there for reference

cool now the thing is with the WOF templates there great but they are to big in certin places especialy the ears and the back sits around an inch to long th eres actualy alot of things i could listbut in genaral the over all size if you just want to get an idea of what the look like size wise it will do the job take a pic of a helmet imade using the templates and the one in the pics ill
    how ive made around 6 difrent lids useing the wof templates and there a great starting point and theve helpt alot of people who cant aford to bye a lid so they can make one instead and can turn out looking great they have been an invaluable part of my helemt making aprenticeship

From
    Austin, Texas

Ok, that's good my head is just a little bit to small to wear it properly, but at least I know the overall size of the helmet, thanks again of the great info

they look to large on every one the first time u put it on your head is always like that

Got all my prods ready to use now i just need to work out weather to make the mold the way i have in the past the jacket type or use the 2 part with fg jacket married to the sillicon hmmm
    ALSO DONE A FEW ADJUSTMENTS HERE AND THERE

From
    Westminster, MD

Man, watching this helmet evolve has been so exciting.

Array -- you are also only 14, and the helmet is made for an adult. You still have more growing to do

elusivesolution said: View Post
    Man, watching this helmet evolve has been so exciting.
    Thanx mate once ive cast it im going to put up a pic of the evolution from a hasbro through the 4 difrent builds

for somw reson all my HP scaner and printer soft ware has been deleted so i cat up load pics iv changed the front to be more acurate and am about to pur sillicon on it

dsc03997-jpgdsc03998-jpg
    This is how it looked b4 the sillicon went on now im layering few coats ,
    As you can see ill be going 4 the soc mold and ill do a FG jacket http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/image...s/thumbup.pnga
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc03996-jpg  

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

bud i hate to say this but where the dome meets the ring its not enough of a difference...it looks more like an indentation than a separate peice

The last one i did it was way to far out there,
    Im really just working from photos here but in my defence i realy think those pics make it look less prominent i used a trim of plastic thats about 1.5 mls thick so it should stik out enough.(i hope) and theres no indent so i guess thats an optical ilusion