So whilst in the shop yesterday working on some commission work, i decided to revamp my rangefinder. I was never 100% happy with it and it was slightly larger than it should be, and also a bit lopsided that i didnt even realize until i REALLY looked at it lol.
So basically what i did was a took a cast and chopped it up, trimmed it down and reassembled it. Obviously its not done yet, but this one will be much better than the last. These pics show my old one and the new smaller and corrected one. I also plan to add an inner edge to hold the clear part better, which i will of course be fixing that as well.
Once this is all smooth and nicey-nice, i will pressure cure a mold for these so i can pressure cast them to eliminate any bubbles.
I kind of like the fact that you can see the corrugation from the cardboard i used to make the first one on the inside lol.
you can see the styrene i put as the back in there in this pic lol