ZPrinter

From
    North Carolina

ZPrinter

Have you guys ever seen this thing? It's crazy!!! It makes physical models of CAD files out of this powdery stuff and layers of adhesive. The powder had a consistency of kitchen flour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-jU2...layer_embedded

Re: ZPrinter

That is awsome. Imagine the props you could make with this thing. If I was rich I'd buy one just to play around with and make some cool things. Blaster rifle gauntlets armour the list is endless love to see a helmet made out of this.

It's a Star Trek REPLICATOR !!! (I know, wrong Sci-Fi genre - Blasphemy )

It's well worth the $60K. Especially to movie/fx studios looking to nix the last few remaining
    human beings that haven't already been taken over by digital tech and machines

You're seeing the beginning of the end for the practical hands on human touch

From
    North Carolina

I know, right! It's only rly good for prototypes and stuff because the models are hollow. But think of the possibilities! If you were good with CAD or any other type of program like it, and you knew how to work the machine, you could work for a company making prototypes. And you could be making BANK!

From
    North Carolina

fettpride said: View Post
    It's a Star Trek REPLICATOR !!! (I know, wrong Sci-Fi genre - Blasphemy )

It's well worth the $60K. Especially to movie/fx studios looking to nix the last few remaining
    human beings that haven't already been taken over by digital tech and machines

You're seeing the beginning of the end for the practical hands on human touch
    60k, rly? I heard Fifteen.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

The company Ratheon who builds all sorts of stuff, uses something like that. They've brought a few tools made using that to us. Pretty cool.

From
    North Carolina

More like freakin' cool.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Looked it up MSRP is $59K yeh its freakin cool...this is from a company who builds our Air to Air missiles so little tools pretty much grown is kinda cool...lol