Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the world out to get us?

From
    Cary, NC

Is the world out to get us?

I've only been here for a few months, but already I've noticed quite a few unfortunate events happening to some of the members. Between spider bites, grand theft auto, and few terminal illnesses, it seems like life is against some of us. I know this stuff is a part of life, and life happens. But I was wondering if bad stuff happening has been a steady trend like this in the past, or if '08 is just a bad year for Fetts?
    I am happy to say I feel like part of the TDH family here, but it certainly does sadden me every time I read about bad news.

From
    California

Re: Is the world out to get us?

This is a strange year in general... lots of very odd and some very bad things have happened to me and almost everyone I know.

This isnt localized to the TDH.

A friend of mine says it is because it is the year of the rat and with the complete turnover of the chinese zodiac and something that this will be a year of change.

I cant explaing what is happening around here (here meaning where I live) but people have been dying, cars broken into numerous times (same cars), accidents, divorces, breakups, injuries... I cant recall a year in my life that has been as crazy as this.

I cant say whether or not it has anything to do with the chinese zodiac... but it is a crazy, crazy year so far.

From
    Cary, NC

It really has been, and it's just barely half-way over.

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

As a cop I always get the worst. People never call you when they are having a good day.
    -"Hello, 911."
    -"Yes, I just got a promotion at work. Could you send the Police?"

Instead I see death doom and destruction all around all the time. But I have seen a trend on here over the past few weeks. I feel bad for the TDH family in general. Could some of you who are experiencing GOOD things pipe in here.

I'll start. My house that has taken ove a year and a half to get built (bad contractor) is finishing up this week. I am more in debt than I can ever remember but I am excited to finally live the dream. Who's next????

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Hmm, well...I've lost 54 pounds since January. The healthy way to, no sickness! =D

Thats good right?

From
    Cary, NC

NovallTalon said: View Post
    Hmm, well...I've lost 54 pounds since January. The healthy way to, no sickness! =D

Thats good right?
    Yeah, that counts for something!

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

Its the small things that make the difference but you...Friggin A!!! Thats huge!!! You may have to trade in some of that over-sized armor for a more slim-line treatment. KUDOS!!!

WHO's NEXT?????

From
    Oakdale, CA

NovallTalon said: View Post

Thats good right?
    That is very good!!!

Keep up the hard work!!!

Congrats!!

From
    Oakdale, CA

Pete, you are too young to be jaded.

Leave that up to the old folks

From
    Trondheim, Norway

Hmm. I found a girlfriend, got a job so I can pay my living unlike before. I think I've stolen all your luck guys!

From
    Cary, NC

Skjoldhammar said: View Post
    Hmm. I found a girlfriend, got a job so I can pay my living unlike before. I think I've stolen all your luck guys!
    Hey man I'm with you on that one actually. I got laid off on Dec. 31, but ended up finding my current gf on Jan 1, and got a new job (much better paying job, how else could I support this hobby? lol) in Feb.

And yeah, Debbi, I am too young to be jaded, but I just feel bad that a few others are here are being dealt some REALLY bad hands. Like some of it is depressingly devastating. Like Tim Allen said in another thread "when it rains, it pours" and that really seems to be the case with some people.

And hey, NovallTalon, how does that weight loss affect your costume? Did it require a new vest or flightsuit?

From
    The Cold Widwest

Ya...This year hasn't been the best.....I've still got the AT-TE and Big Falcon to look foreward to. Most of evrything else has been full of disapointment and depression.

From
    Oakdale, CA

LostSonOfSparda said: View Post
    Hey man I'm with you on that one actually. I got laid off on Dec. 31, but ended up finding my current gf on Jan 1, and got a new job (much better paying job, how else could I support this hobby? lol) in Feb.

And yeah, Debbi, I am too young to be jaded, but I just feel bad that a few others are here are being dealt some REALLY bad hands. Like some of it is depressingly devastating. Like Tim Allen said in another thread "when it rains, it pours" and that really seems to be the case with some people.

And hey, NovallTalon, how does that weight loss affect your costume? Did it require a new vest or flightsuit?

I probably should not answer for Tom, but we have already been chatting about a new sized vest for his sexy new size

From
    Yadkinville NC

Boomer Fett said: View Post
    Its the small things that make the difference but you...Friggin A!!! Thats huge!!! You may have to trade in some of that over-sized armor for a more slim-line treatment. KUDOS!!!

WHO's NEXT?????
    Yeah well I won't be happy till I lose the last 16. =) Then It'll be like high school all over again, only Mandalorian style.

It's been fun going from 42/XXL to 36/L

From
    Oakdale, CA

I am jealous, but just have not found the motivation yet....

*sigh*

From
    San Diego, California

Skjoldhammar said: View Post
    Awesome! Sounds like the opposite of a country western song!

From
    Yadkinville NC

LostSonOfSparda said: View Post

Well, as Debbi said...we're already talking about a new vest. Luckily I was already a little bit into weight loss when we did this vest, and the vest still fits OK for now. Won't be the case after August I'm afraid. My flightsuit has about a foot of loose fabric in the front that the girth belt keeps neatly tucked inside. So I need a new flightsuit at some point. It's getting to be a pain for the cod to sit right, and when you have a hard metal cod like I do...that can get a little dangerous!

We've been having some fun over at Mercs with our "Mandalorian Fit Club" to see who can lose the most weight. Honestly, for me it all boiled down to the fact that I represent the Mandalorians...and as Mand'alor I should embody what that stands for. You can't be an example if you can't lead by example. I honestly feel the best I've felt in the 8 years I've been out of the Navy. I have a metal knee in my left leg (hence that little blurb in my sig where Karen Traviss gave me a knickname.) but I still manage to run about 2 miles 3 days a week and elliptical 3 miles 2 days a week. Power through it, thats all you can do.

Thanks for the great words guys!

From
    Trondheim, Norway

TD2253 said: View Post
    Awesome! Sounds like the opposite of a country western song!
    You're right there... "Yerr old Buba Fett sings yeh all time favourite opposite-country music! Songs like: I'm a poor, lonesome mandalorian, A boy named Vader, and your all time favourite The Ring of Laserbolts! BUY YOU COPY NOW!"

Sorry for hijacking the thread

I beleive in making my own luck. many of us local star wars fans meet up frequently. We help each other out a lot by pointing each other in the direction of new jobs, giving old furniture to friends who are newly on their own, and one guy even lent half his nicer clothes to a friend starting an office job ( talk about the shirt off his back).

any way I think I may have landed a supplemental part time job they led me to( one i would like) so supplement my wife losing her job for the summer ( Teaching). I am very thankful to my Star Wars buddies and gamer friends because just like here at TDH we are more than friends
    We are Family.
    Vode An

From
    California

hmm... good things... well... so far this year I have moved into a new apartment that is a pretty cool place to live and I met a guy that is awesome to hang out with, I became close friends with a few people that were previously only acquaintances... I also have my health, thats a good thing.

=D

HMMM well I just got out of the hospital and had my gall bladder taken out but then again it gave me some problems 2 1/2 years ago and I didnt take care of it then. Things have been stressful but it will turn around.

I think alot of people are feeling stressed and depressed with everything going on in the world. Gas prices skyrocketing, war and a presidential run with too many people. It also doesnt help that th economy and housing market is going down hill.

Stand up straight, keep your chin up and stiffen that upper lip and take on the world head on!

-Chris

Here's some good news:

I'm out of high school, into college, and my girlfriend and I are planning on having a baby soon. In addition, I just got offered a job for when I get back from my summer trip, my quasi-sister (not blood related, but she's close enough) got a full ride to Cambridge (including room, board, expenses), and my cousin, who's been trying for a baby the past three years, just got pregnant with twins. Finally, my church was trying to raise $24 million over the next 3 years to build our new church building (our first one, actually; it needs to be able to hold over 2,000 people per service); we got that much in the first cash offering we took up the week after announcing our goal.

From
    Grand Forks, ND

Good news dept :

The Mercs know this already. But i'm getting married in December

Gotta take into account there sheer volume of people involved here
    Look how many more of us there are now
    It's just that the good things that happen go un noticed for the most part
    Misery loves company

From
    Southern, Utah

Well I suggest that we make a 'Good News' sticky to keep our chins up an feet walk'n in the right direction, and to congrat fellow members on there good fortune.

Well lets see, I was promoted to assistant manager. I will be serving a 2 year full time mission for the LDS church in Raleigh NC, in July. Which has been a huge goal/dream sense I was just little. My uncle lent me a '99 Mercury Cougar till I leave. I have a guaranteed job when I return to get me on my feet for collage. My first finish Jango bucket, and 2 more bucket kits, with vest/flight suit on there way, and soon some arc pistols, which is a lot more that I thought I'd get back when I joined in Oct. Well thats it for me now lol.

Glad things went well Chris.

Rokeim, Novall Kandosii to both of ya!

Ceric Neesh, congrats on your new church.