Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 15, 2010, 12:37 AM - Working Costumes? #1

Has any one out there made a costume with more than two working fetures? ie; working flame projector or rocket?
    Nov 15, 2010, 2:09 PM - Re: Working Costumes? #2

This question has come up hundreds of times throughout the years and every time it does we've done the responsible thing to say we don't recommend it and would not post directions on how to do it.
    Nov 16, 2010, 4:19 PM - Re: Working Costumes? #3

Plus as far as those features, it'd be pretty stupid to do it. As one could not simply remove the burning articles of clothing before incurring severe injuries. And even more importantly the list of things that could go wrong and cause harm to others, and thereby getting our ability to wear them revoked is too many to name. I could see maybe a silly string whipcord or something, but best to leave the flame and firing rockets in the movie where they belong.
    Nov 16, 2010, 5:53 PM - Re: Working Costumes? #4

I'm sure that as with all members of the community, you have read the code of conduct.

TDH Documents

Just as a refresher...

FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS

The discussion of functional weapons is prohibited. This includes working flamethrowers, wrist rockets, knee darts, rifles, sidearms, etc. Such items are extremely dangerous and this site does not endorse or promote the inclusion of such items on a replica costume. "Smoking" rocket packs are not considered a weapon and are not prohibited from being discussed.