Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 17, 2008, 11:05 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #26

I'm gonna try to make it, probably on Saturday
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2009, 1:23 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #27

Thought I'd give this thread a bump to see if anyone else is going to make this Con.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jan 13, 2009, 1:01 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #28

I have tried to go for years now but I dont think I'll make this one either. I will be off work then but I dont think I can swing another family trip to San Fran again since were were there for Thanksgiving.
    Jan 13, 2009, 9:15 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #29

Not sure about the dinner Ben. Still waiting to hear the final day/time of the 501st dinner. Does not seem to be that much interest anyway. I do look forward to grabbing a beer with you though.
    Jan 13, 2009, 9:20 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #30

im waiting for the press registration to open. Im going to try to cover some of it for work.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 TK-Devo's Avatar
    Jan 13, 2009, 9:58 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #31

Right now I'm a 50/50 on going, but I am sure going to do my best to be there!
    Jan 13, 2009, 10:25 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #32

Quote ilikebmxbikes said: View Post
    im waiting for the press registration to open. Im going to try to cover some of it for work.
    That's very cool. Who do you work for?

Jon
    Jan 14, 2009, 12:15 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #33

There's a slight chance that I might go. But it's to soon to say. But I'll sell my right leg if I think it wil help me to get there.
    Jan 14, 2009, 12:18 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #34

Quote Maktosa said: View Post
    There's a slight chance that I might go. But it's to soon to say. But I'll sell my right leg if I think it wil help me to get there.
    $49.95 is my first offer. Do I hear $50?!

Jan 14, 2009, 12:49 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #35

Quote Bubba Fett said: View Post
    That's very cool. Who do you work for?

Jon
    im a video producer for Vimby.com. we usually dont cover events like wondercon, but they are looking to expand into doing stuff with Vinyl figures... but they are open to a lot of stuff.

Reguardles of me covering it, i can usually get press credentials through them to go events/concerts.
    Jan 14, 2009, 12:58 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #36

Quote ilikebmxbikes said: View Post
    im a video producer for Vimby.com. we usually dont cover events like wondercon, but they are looking to expand into doing stuff with Vinyl figures... but they are open to a lot of stuff.

Reguardles of me covering it, i can usually get press credentials through them to go events/concerts.
    Looks cool, but is taking too long to load (like 1 min per page) probably too much traffic () - have to check it out later. Anyway, be good to meet you at WonderCon if it works out for you.
    Jan 17, 2009, 12:57 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #37

I've been doing my home work, I know I can afford plane tickets. Still working on the hotel thing. If I go, I might just spend 2 days at the convention and then I'll spend the rest of my time exploring the city. I'm curious, how do you go about taking your costume to the convention? I'm not sure how taking my fett costume through the airport would work out, escpecially with that blaster... A friend suggested UPS. Any advice?
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2009, 1:11 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #38

Quote Bubba Fett said: View Post
    Not sure about the dinner Ben. Still waiting to hear the final day/time of the 501st dinner. Does not seem to be that much interest anyway. I do look forward to grabbing a beer with you though.
    Oh we'll have some beers Jon. We should at least try to organzie some kind of get together. All the usual suspects from last year will be there. I have not heard from Morgan in a while, I hope he can make it.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2009, 1:16 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #39

I've been doing my home work, I know I can afford plane tickets. Still working on the hotel thing. If I go, I might just spend 2 days at the convention and then I'll spend the rest of my time exploring the city. I'm curious, how do you go about taking your costume to the convention? I'm not sure how taking my fett costume through the airport would work out, escpecially with that blaster... A friend suggested UPS. Any advice?
    You will not have any problems at the Airport bro, I flew with all my Fett gear last year. I boxed up all of my armor and blasters (in a storage container w/ wheels) and they didn't even go through it there and back.

Most of us are staying at the Marriot next to the Convention center. they have plenty of room at WonderCon rates.
  15. Jan 17, 2009, 2:24 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #40

still on the fence with this gig. If I do go, it will be as a civilian/spectator. Too much travelling comimg down the pipeline in the spring plus further economic calamity in play will be a determing factor.
    Jan 17, 2009, 2:26 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #41

Quote Bountyone said: View Post
    You will not have any problems at the Airport bro, I flew with all my Fett gear last year. I boxed up all of my armor and blasters (in a storage container w/ wheels) and they didn't even go through it there and back.

Most of us are staying at the Marriot next to the Convention center. they have plenty of room at WonderCon rates.
    That's good to know, I was concerned about the idea of taking a life-like blaster anywhere near an airport. I wouldn't want to get whooped by security. But I'm wondering about the convention. I see that it's going to have lots of stuff for sale. The masquerade competition looks like fun. But can I expect to see a bunch of star wars stuff? I'd hate to get there and not find anything that interests me.
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2009, 8:56 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #42

I hope you do make it James, it will be good to see you again.
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2009, 9:01 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #43

That's good to know, I was concerned about the idea of taking a life-like blaster anywhere near an airport. I wouldn't want to get whooped by security. But I'm wondering about the convention. I see that it's going to have lots of stuff for sale. The masquerade competition looks like fun. But can I expect to see a bunch of star wars stuff? I'd hate to get there and not find anything that interests me.
    Dude, this is WonderCon. Just Google the name and browse the site, it will tell you everything that's going on. although it's not as big as San Diego Comic Con (it's about a 1/3 of the size) it's still alot of fun and there will be plenty of people in costume. If your looking to buy SW stuff there, don't worry they have plenty.
    Jan 17, 2009, 9:03 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #44

for any members who are thinking about going but are on a budget, PM me and you guys can crash at my place that weekend if you like. I have a large house/living room.
    Jan 20, 2009, 11:06 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #45

Im down in San Jose, and will most likely be going! Be great to see everyone from C4 again. And dinner, im game.
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jan 21, 2009, 12:36 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #46

FYI Jon, the 501st Legion Dinner is on Friday Feb the 27th 6:30pm @ Jillian's

What do you think about Saturday for a TDH roundup???
    Jan 21, 2009, 12:43 AM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #47

Quote Ciscotiger said: View Post
    I'll be there at WonderCon, Jon, but I wouldn't know my schedule until the time gets closer. I'll be interested, should have my Fett close to be done by then if I push it out. Still looking for my boots and wookie braids.

Anthony,
    I got your wookie braids if you are still interested. JLMK
    We can hook up this weekend if not busy.
    Of course I'll be there at W.C.
    Jan 22, 2009, 6:46 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #48

Quote Bountyone said: View Post

What do you think about Saturday for a TDH roundup???
    Ben, I am down for dinner Saturday night. Do we want to go to Chevys again?

Darren
    Jan 23, 2009, 1:13 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #49

i must seem like a moron for asking this... but what exactly is Wondercon?
    Jan 23, 2009, 1:48 PM - Re: WonderCon in San Francisco - February #50

Cool, Dean! I'll be there at Rancho Obi-Wan and the workshop this weekend. I want to work on my jumppack but more likely have to repair my clone and calf set. Don't think I'll have my Fett done until I find the boots though.

Creon,

The WonderCon is a convention for guys like us that love comics & artists, Sci-Fi/TV/movie memorbilia, horror, toys, Hollywood actors- autographs and discussion panels, gaming, and costuming...in a nut shell
    Last edited by Ciscotiger; Jan 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM.