Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wizard World Chicago....

From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line

Wizard World Chicago....

I'm just wondering if anyone from TDH is going, as I ahve a massive group of Predators assembled for it and a group shot of Preds and mandos would be very cool to arrange.

planning thread:
    http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=5478

Lemme know if you're going and what costume (if any) you'll be wearing so I can say "hi"

From
    Chicago burbs

Re: Wizard World Chicago....

Jodo Kast 3 and I will be getting double rooms again, so we usually get some people there getting ready, till we go over together on Sat morning. Friday is our just looking/shopping day but Sat is when they all troop.

From
    Palatine, IL

Wow, this is still a long way off...this event is held in the middle of summer and as I look out my window right now, all I see is snow. Anyway, on top of what Remo said, on Saturday the usual crowd from TDH also includes Fettcicle, Seeker, The Clone Emperor and myself and various supporting staff (lovely wives). The 501st will probably also have a table and I know that Fettswatcop was there last year with them.

Hey Remo, good to see you'll make it out this year!

From
    Northern Darkness Garrison

Me too. I'll be there.

Don't know if I'll have Fett ready.

I will most likely be there as Jango again this year.

From
    Chicago, IL

Hopefully I'll have my Boba done by then too. It would be nice to unveil it at home.

But if not then Spartan or Jango

I am attending Adventurecon again this year but might see if i can go to this one as well.

From
    Palatine, IL

Hey Seeker, if you're coming as Boba can I wear your Jango?

From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line

I figured that it would be best to make arrangements for WWC now, as I have a habit of doing stuff last-minute.... I'll probably be finishing a piece of my Predator armor on the way in :

From
    Chicago, IL

hansoloway said: View Post
    Hey Seeker, if you're coming as Boba can I wear your Jango?
    Sure - if it fits.

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

Yup,

Jodo Kast will be there again this year. And as Remo said, we`ll be there all weekend because we always get rooms. Just remember everyone, WWC is earlier this year...June 26th -29th.

See you all there!!

From

I also posted a thread similar to this over at The League of Heroes and The Brotherhood of the Bat.

So far it appears that a good amount of costumed participation will take place, which I'm very excited over, as D*Con is out of my range at the moment.

I look forward to seeing you guys at the con.
    ZK

p.s., what hotels is everyone staying at? The groupd of predators is staying at the Hyatt.

From
    Indiana

Always a good time!

From
    Chicago burbs

Not sure which hotel we'll have. I made reservations at 3 hotels because none are guarenteeing yet connecting rooms(or even nearby rooms). I'm waiting till the last minute to decide where JK3 and I will be for everyone to hang out at. The options are the Hyatt, the Doubletree or the Crowne Plaza where by sheer cowinkydink a seperate convention will be going on at the exact same time. http://www.flashbackweekend.com/index.shtml So for any horror fans you might want to pop over there too.

Hansoloway-I'm sorry I missed hanging out with you guys last year. We will for sure make up for it this year.

From
    Michigan

I remember costuming at Wizard World 2000 with SEEKER in his Sandtrooper before he got into Fett costuming. I think I met a Han Solo costumer that year also by the name of Jodo Kast 3 if I'm not mistaken.

It's a huge convention. I went every year from 1997-2004, but haven't been there since, because then they switched it to two weekends before Dragon Con. This year, they moved it back again so I'm considering going this year again.

From

Why do I see another pred outing aside from WWC?

From
    Chicago burbs

Oh Mr Fett, please tell me you have some pictures featuring the "varient" version of our beloved Jodo

And FettSwattCop, will you be coming out just for Sat or the whole weekend? It will be good to see you again as well.

From
    Chicago

Jeeze, didn't know it was that early this year.. I was reading the thread and thought "gosh, this is a bit early" but I guess not... Probably a trooper for me.... Again!

From
    Pekin, IL

Remo Locke said: View Post
    a seperate convention will be going on at the exact same time. http://www.flashbackweekend.com/index.shtml So for any horror fans you might want to pop over there too.
    I was going to post about this also. If you look through the site you can get discounted rates a the Crowne with a promo code. This con is small but usually alot of fun. This is a great place to wear some non Star Wars costumes from fun to gory.

From
    Chicago burbs

Fettcicle- Yeah, for whatever reason (I think it had something to do with SDCC, not sure) the dates got moved up from the July/August dates of the past.
    Jk3 and I have a friend there (BigD from the HV&M board) who runs the AV dept at the crowne so he's the guy who has to get everyone set-up and running the drive-in movies at night. He's our hook-up to the "stars". It is a nice con and they do they some nice guests. The Crowne was $109. if they still had any rooms. The Embassy is sold out, the Doubletree is $159 I belive and the Hyatt was about the same. But then they also nail you on parking, which is such a rip-off. You're a guest at their hotels, you shouldn't be charged extra for parking there.

From
    South Elgin, IL

I may stop in on saturday for trooping, if my pp2 boba is finished by then. I'm goin to comic con by car, so I will be pretty tight on money at that point, so i won't be able to make the whole weekend...but we'll see.

From
    Indiana

Remo Locke said: View Post
    Oh Mr Fett, please tell me you have some pictures featuring the "varient" version of our beloved Jodo

And FettSwattCop, will you be coming out just for Sat or the whole weekend? It will be good to see you again as well.
    Im planning the entire weekend.

From

Random question...... where in the convention will we meet up? THe Predator group has decided for the Hyatt lobby, since that's where most of them are staying.....
    I don't know if I can manage the whole weekend, but I'm definately shooting for Saturday.

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

Zurath,

You won`t be able to miss us. We`ll be the Boba, Jango, Jodo, Stormtrooper group hovering around the 501st area.

Or at the front entrance posing for pics...

Just grab one of us and say hi...

From
    Chicago burbs

Ladies and gentleman we have a first time guest coming to WWC...
    http://www.wizardworld.com/fcosifacoit.html

You may have known him as Cousin It, but I remember him as bidi-bidi-bidi
    TWIKI (ok, he didin't do the voice but he was the character)

and strangly enough, no sign of Virgil or Lou Ferrigno yet