who likes durge

who likes durge

if any of you mandalorian fans like durge please let me know I wont feel alone any more. this gojirafan son of sgtfang.

-gojirafan
    Last edited by gojirafan; Nov 23, 2007 at 4:51 PM.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

Re: who likes durge

Here's The Clone Emperor, a member here.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

he's the head cheese of the 501st isn't he?

my dad sgtfang told me about it

From
    Dighton, MA

He's the Legion Membership Officer (LMO). Costume submissions go by his desk for approval.

saint_nasty said: View Post
    he's the head cheese of the 501st isn't he?

From
    Chicagoland

Rabid Bantha said: View Post
    He's the Legion Membership Officer (LMO). Costume submissions go by his desk for approval.
    :thumbup And a pretty nice guy too

I have to admit..When I hear Durge - - - - I think of Thomas . . . . And because of that, we all like the Durge man!

From
    Chicagoland (That is to say that Chicago is where my ship landed)

Got to love the big guy.

Thank you brothers, the love is mutual.

Being that the thread is about a character that I have lived in for some tyme, I would like to share my thoughts.

When the realistic style action figure first appeared in 2004, I had big hopes for the character;

His next appearance, in Dark Horse's Republic series revealed a big seemingly unstoppable super villain with all too comic dialogue and motivation;

I looked beyond the posturing recognizing the over-the-top introduction comic series seem predisposed to make. In subsequent series, a sense of DURGE's violent past and driving force began to take shape--starting with his feud with all Mandalorians as outlined in SW Visionaries;

This, coupled with DURGE's exotic regenerative abilities as outlined in the Clone Wars animation led me to draw so conclusions of my own that have endeared the big guy to me;

Disclaimer; this last bit is technically "fan-fiction." I share it because it makes sense to me and helps explain my affinity for DURGE;
    From all descriptions; visual, animated, and verbal I gather that the memory, the personality of the Gen'Dai, DURGE's race, is kept through out their body. Their body being made of loosely specialized smart muscles which can be repurposed as spontaneous generation requires. (Thus a shot to the head does little to spare his opponents DURGE's charming wit.)

I reason that DURGE's sanity was injured beyond repair over centuries of battle as parts of his personality were literally blown away. The mass may regenerate, but only the most base instincts drive him by the tyme of the Clone Wars.

I mourned his ultimate fate as described in SW Obsession, feeling the character still had more menace to offer, but at least he went out in a blaze of glory;

(I really feel the unmasked DURGE ignored the physonomy that the animation set-up his species. I may still make my own helmet reveal mask for DURGE, if not at least a concept painting.)

Well that's why I like DURGE, you're not alone;

Be well,
    Thomas

From
    S.F. Bay Area California USA

lilburndiablo said: View Post
    I have to admit..When I hear Durge - - - - I think of Thomas . . . . And because of that, we all like the Durge man!
    Glad you brought that up.....and I strongly agree.....very cool and patient guy.

From
    Selfoss, Ísland.

Durge's awesome, and that costume.... let's just say paralada.org has stolen too much of my time.

From
    Iowa City, IA

Good post, Thomas. Great to get some perspective from the Durge master.

who's thomas

From
    Newport News, VA

Thomas is 'The Clone Emperor,' the member who made that excellent Durge costume pictured above.