Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Feb 24, 2008, 9:09 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #26

I was a strictly Nintendo kind of guy until I moved in with my roomie, who owned the X-box and the 360. I can't imagine life without them.
    Feb 24, 2008, 12:49 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #27

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Ha ... I thought I was alone on that one right there. I still play the old-school Legend of Zelda for NES as well as some of the Mega Man games. Fun times!
    I think I have a gold-catridge version of the second LoZ game laying around here somewhere.
    Feb 24, 2008, 1:21 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #28

360 is so healthy right now. And you can get one for around $200 used from gamestop! And if (more like when) you get the red ring o death, just send it in and 2-4 weeks it'll be working like new. They do it for systems you buy used as well. Just make sure it wasn't opened by the previous owner.

As for HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray, I believe (Don't quote me on this) Xbox said they would make a Blu-Ray player add-on if they end up winning. So right now, it's looking like we're good to go either way.

Oh yeah, and Xbox Live is amazing.
    Feb 24, 2008, 1:38 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #29

I own both a X-box 360 and a wii. In my opinion They are both great systems but like anything else they have their drawbacks. The 360 has amazing graphics, a wide library of games and a excellent online service. Unfortunately X-box live is full of useless skin bags who should just jump into traffic. I know its a little harsh but I would like to play at least one match of COD without some 12 year old tough guy or racist idiot mouthing off.

The wii is a fun little system and I think is ideal for parties, unfortunately the graphics just can't compete with the 360 and PS3. Also most of the games seem oversimplified, just my two cents.

I am really looking forward to playing the force unleashed, It's been too long since we have a had a decent star wars game. (Battlefront 1 and 2 were the last great ones.)
    Feb 24, 2008, 3:06 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #30

it would be cool to have a dented helmet mario smash bros game day.
    Feb 24, 2008, 3:11 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #31

PS3...and yes Toshiba gave up..Blu Ray wins.. Warners just signed which I think put them over the edge....as well as Blockbuster and Netflix. And COD4 is awesome..until Vegas 2 comes out.
    Feb 24, 2008, 3:28 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #32

Quote askywalker98 said: View Post
    As for HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray, I believe (Don't quote me on this) Xbox said they would make a Blu-Ray player add-on if they end up winning. So right now, it's looking like we're good to go either way.

Fox News said this morn that MS will be making a new 360 Blu Ray.
    Now im sure the price will go up when the Blu Rays come out. Glad I got my HD Halo Edition at a good price.

I could care less about HD or Blu Ray, I still buy DVD's!
  8. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Feb 24, 2008, 3:33 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #33

Old Gen
    Nintendo 64

2nd Gen
    Tough call but I would say Xbox, though I do love my Ps2 games, like I said tough call

3rd Gen
    PS3 Currently I knew Blu Ray would win and its sexy sleek and getting more and more A rate titles, I will be buying a 360 though so I can have variety.

Alexis
    *smiles*
    Feb 24, 2008, 4:42 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #34

N64 isn't an "old gen," as I remember when they came out. Mine is the DK64 "jungle green" bundle set

I think the correct order would be: Atari, NES, SNES, N64/PS1, PS2/Xbox/Gamecube, 360Wii/PS3.

Can't wait to see what'll be next... mayeb the x-box 540, PS4, and Nintendo Wuu.
    Feb 24, 2008, 4:55 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #35

N64 is old gen. Just like Gamecube or X-box or PS1. I won't say PS2 because they keep promoting it with new games.
    Feb 24, 2008, 9:53 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #36

I'm 360 now...and still have a N64 from before. Works great, love it! Love em both!
    Feb 24, 2008, 11:38 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #37

Quote shortimer52 said: View Post
    Fox News said this morn that MS will be making a new 360 Blu Ray.
    Now im sure the price will go up when the Blu Rays come out. Glad I got my HD Halo Edition at a good price.

I could care less about HD or Blu Ray, I still buy DVD's!
    For serious?! Well heck yes! That's great news! Now I can think about investing in that. Thanks for the heads up!
    Feb 24, 2008, 11:52 PM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #38

Xbox. I pwn noobs on halo all the time now. I consider it payback for all the others who kept spawn killing me when I first started playing ever.

To teh halo noobs: beware, I shall splatter thee, upon my warthog windshield. Askywalker can vouch for my vehicular manslaughter(s)
    Feb 25, 2008, 8:38 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #39

I have

PSone
    PS2
    PS3
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    DS
    GBA
    and of course my PC

I never got into XBOX because my only interest in that was Halo, plus everyone I know has gotten the red ring of doom and keeps steering me away if I ever do decide that.
    Feb 25, 2008, 9:31 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #40

I rock the PSP. I am an old school gamer. I have the custom firmware with the Nintendo, Sega Genesis, GBA emulators so I can play all the classics. Plus you can actually play PSP games when you get bored I just got Renegade Squadron, its a pretty cool game. I also like to be portable, play where you want. I am just never home in front of the TV. I do have an X-box on the bedroom. I actually just started playing KOTOR II this weekend. I have had the game for 2 years, and just now playing it I bought the X-box over the PS2, because it was the only platform for Greg Hastings paintball. Off course it was successful and came out for the PS2 later.
    Feb 25, 2008, 10:12 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #41

the only thing I'm missing now is a Wii. I didn't use it enough when they came out and I was offered an incredible deal if I'd part with it last year.

I have fun with things like my atari and 3dO and even other oddball generation stuff like genesis, saturn, and dreamcast.

my favorites though are still super nintendo, n64, and xbox.

playstation went downhill for me since ps2 came out. i miss all the older favorites from PS1, crash, resident evil, tomb raider, spyro. jet moto, etc. etc. ps2 offered a lot of RPGs that i liked, but i never was a huge fan of the system.

n64 is probably my favorite though.

nintendo has always had the most charisma. mario, zelda, and metroid games are the faves. but if someone wants to play conker's for hours on end i'd be down.
    Feb 25, 2008, 11:05 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #42

I have to go with the xBox 360 myself.
    Feb 25, 2008, 11:37 AM - Re: What's your gaming system of choice? #43

I have a PS2 and I'm addicted to starwars battlefront 2
    My brother has a Wii but has never sone anything with it, can't blame him. man Wii sucks.

Wii is the only thing thats sucks from apple
    (yes Wii is from apple and nintendo)

and ofcourse my apple g5 pwns with WoW, I dont play WoW much but its a pretty cool game