Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's your gaming system of choice?

  1. #1

    What's your gaming system of choice?

    So, in late 06 I stayed out to get a Wii the day after thanksgiving. I got one of only 3 and waited 6 hours for it. In 3 weeks I had beaten all three games I've seen that I wanted for it (until Smash Brothers Brawl) and decided to get rid of it. I purchased a 360 and have not looked back since. Great graphics, great gameply.

    I recently picked up Turok and Blue Dragon and after beating Turok have been extensively enjoying BD.

  2. #2
    Zurath Kodul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    I prefer the old-school stuff like my NES and Sega Genesis.

    for the current consoles, I'm a fan of PS2, followed by N64. I'd love to get a 360, but the $300-400 price tag is a little steep for me.
    Some day I'll get to play HALO 1, 2, and 3 in a non-stop marathon, but it looks like it'll be a while off.

  3. #3

    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    De Pere Wisconsin
    Posts
    41

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    I'm a fan of the xbox/360. The reason why I wanted xbox was because it seemed like they had the best star wars games.

  4. #4

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Bounty Hunter was a great SW game. I really enjoyed Battlefront for a while and the Lego series was awesome. I picked up Lego Star Wars: The complete saga but can't make myself play it. I played basically this same game so many times already it just hurts.

  5. #5

    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    De Pere Wisconsin
    Posts
    41

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    jawafive said: View Post
    Bounty Hunter was a great SW game. I really enjoyed Battlefront for a while and the Lego series was awesome. I picked up Lego Star Wars: The complete saga but can't make myself play it. I played basically this same game so many times already it just hurts.
    My wife and myself enjoyed playing the Lego Star wars, but your right after awhile it was a little hard to play.

  6. #6

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    XBOX 360 all the way!!!

    I have both the 360 and a wii and while the wii is a cool concept it just doesnt feed my needs for rated M for mature violence like the 360 does JK. I actually have two 360 systems one for work and one for home and Ive worn them both out. My home system was a release date console and after three years I finally got the ROL. Guess it was just a matter of time but they fixed it in a matter of three weeks

    I see no reason for me ever buying a PS3 unless blu-ray wins the high def war. IMO I think they made a big mistake by not changing their controllers from the PS2 to the PS3. Games are better on 360 IMO and the online play for 360 is just so much better.

    Oh I forgot....stupid Soul Calliber put Vader on the PS3 edition so I may have to grab one up for that reason also......but other than that 360 ALL THE WAY

  7. #7
    cojake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    From
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    497

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    TheDentedOne said: View Post
    XBOX 360 all the way!!!

    I have both the 360 and a wii and while the wii is a cool concept it just doesnt feed my needs for rated M for mature violence like the 360 does JK. I actually have two 360 systems one for work and one for home and Ive worn them both out. My home system was a release date console and after three years I finally got the ROL. Guess it was just a matter of time but they fixed it in a matter of three weeks

    I see no reason for me ever buying a PS3 unless blu-ray wins the high def war. IMO I think they made a big mistake by not changing their controllers from the PS2 to the PS3. Games are better on 360 IMO and the online play for 360 is just so much better.

    Oh I forgot....stupid Soul Calliber put Vader on the PS3 edition so I may have to grab one up for that reason also......but other than that 360 ALL THE WAY
    I think Blu-ray just won. Toshiba conceded this week and said it will not go forward with HD DVD.
    I am a fan of the 360 as well. Have a wii also. 360 is my fav.

  8. #8
    Zurath Kodul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    I read in EGM that SC4 will ahve yooda in the 360 version, right?

    I think they reported that the other character woudl be a buyable bonus..... might not need a PS3 afterall, eh?

  9. #9

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    SWEET. If Vader is buyable I'm all over that.

  10. #10

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Zurath Kodul said: View Post
    I read in EGM that SC4 will ahve yooda in the 360 version, right?

    I think they reported that the other character woudl be a buyable bonus..... might not need a PS3 afterall, eh?
    That would be awesome if that is true . Im not a real big yoda fan so I probably wouldnt buy for the 360 it if it was just him.

  11. #11
    Vable Boba's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    From
    South Elgin, IL
    Posts
    265

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    360 all the way here. I lov it, and i also got it cuz i had an xbox, so i kept all the games i liked, and i can still play em. I will prolly get a ps3 for the blu-ray, as i'm selling my hd dvds and player add-on, and I will either get a ps3 or a blu-ray player, whatevers cheaper.

  12. #12
    runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    From
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    850

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Nintendo 64 is my preference. I really loved Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron

    Playstation 2 Battlefronts I and II and Bounty Hunter.

    Super Nintendo just because i love Donkey Kong so much and Mario World

  13. #13
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Nintendo DS.

  14. #14
    xfettx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Orange County, Ca
    Posts
    541

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    I've got a ps3 and love it but there aren't enough good games like the 360 has. but from what I'm hearing this year is the year for the ps3. alot more games coming out. and if you are looking to get a bluray player then go with the ps3 it's cheaper and you get a gaming system with it. I also am searching for a wii. Gotta have a party system.

  15. #15
    bobamatt's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    From
    Northern Darkness Garrison
    Posts
    523

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Call of Duty 4, Matt.

    That's where it's at.

  16. #16
    I helped at SDCC '08 Silver Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    From
    California
    Posts
    364

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    360 and 64

  17. #17

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    i've got a 360 and a ps3. i don't like to choose

  18. #18
    shortimer52's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS
    Posts
    2,287

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    X Box or the 360, but I do still have an old Atari that my dad had when I was really young that I still like to take out now and then when I visit him. get to play the old SW game for it when you had to kill the AT-AT's. I think it's the ESB one.

    I still suck at it.
    Last edited by shortimer52; Feb 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM.

  19. #19
    corby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    From
    Parker, Colorado
    Posts
    334

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    PC pawns all! but of the "gaming systems" i prefer the good ol' SNES and N64. but of the next gens 360 is definitely the winner........... BUT PC is still better
    Last edited by corby; Feb 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM.

  20. #20
    runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    From
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    850

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    corby said: View Post
    PC pawns all! but of the "gaming systems" i prefer the good ol' SNES and N64. but of the next gens 360 is definitely the winner........... BUTPC is still better
    i like playing Day of Defeat on PC. I'm addicted.

  21. #21
    azheat01's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    Arizona
    Posts
    506

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    I am also a 360 owner, and no worries about HD losing, I just bought an LG HD/Blu-Ray DVD player that plays both formats. I also got a bunch of great HD DVD online at a low price because everyone is freaking out. If you buy the LG, you can play both.

    From this point out I will be buying the Blu-Ray formats, of course, because HD will stop being produced all together here shortly, but the LG is awesome because if you have HD, it will play them also.

  22. #22
    jose's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    From
    houston
    Posts
    104

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    360 halo 3 all the way

  23. #23
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    Zurath Kodul said: View Post
    I prefer the old-school stuff like my NES and Sega Genesis.
    Ha ... I thought I was alone on that one right there. I still play the old-school Legend of Zelda for NES as well as some of the Mega Man games. Fun times!

  24. #24
    xfettx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Orange County, Ca
    Posts
    541

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    azheat01 said: View Post
    I am also a 360 owner, and no worries about HD losing, I just bought an LG HD/Blu-Ray DVD player that plays both formats. I also got a bunch of great HD DVD online at a low price because everyone is freaking out. If you buy the LG, you can play both.

    From this point out I will be buying the Blu-Ray formats, of course, because HD will stop being produced all together here shortly, but the LG is awesome because if you have HD, it will play them also.
    smart! yea I know places are trying to get rid of them as fast as they can. a large electronics store has an hd/dvd player and 7 movies for 100 bucks. it's crazy.

  25. #25

    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    304

    Re: What's your gaming system of choice?

    360 All the way.

    I have the HD add on and I hope they do a Blue-Ray add on too. I plan on hitting some stores to swipe some good deals on HD-dvd's. I hope to score BSG for a good price.

Similar Threads

  1. glove choice
    By JDFett in forum Zam Wesell Costume
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2008, 5:43 AM
  2. Vote FETT For 2009 Fan Choice Lego Set
    By jodo in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
  3. PM System problems ??
    By fettpride in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2008, 3:51 PM
  4. Servo choice for RF
    By Jedi-Bob in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 20, 2004, 7:04 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •