Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What TDH has done to me! lol

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

What TDH has done to me! lol

So I was at Target today getting some last minute Xmas gifts when I strolled through the toy section. I noticed a Star Wars Battle Pack Sarlacc Pit Toy. My buddy picked it and said "I bet you are all over this one!" I looked at it and said "Too bad Boba has the wrong blaster in his hand."

Man Im brainwashed. !

*Thought you guys would appreciate this.

From
    Sunshine State, USA!

Re: What TDH has done to me! lol

Don't feel bad, man! My brother called me one day, and told me about that new Sarlacc set. Naturally, I rushed to Target to check it out. I noticed the same issue with the blaster ! I told my girlfriend about it; she rolled her eyes and walked away ! (I can't wait to go out with her wearing my TDH T-shirt !

From
    Recently relocated to the Hoth-like Minnesota

We are a different breed. I recieved some molex connectors from Art in the mail at work today, and was overjoyed to take them out and look at them. My coworkers were like: "So what! Its a bag full of cheap wire connectors"
    and I said: "but they are the real deal, not some resin molded copy!"
    They just dont understand...

From
    Helsinki, Finland (Yeah, I'm one with the penguins)

Heh, some call us nerds, some call us fans... In the end, it really is what we think of ourselves that matter...

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

chibi fett said: View Post
    Heh, some call us nerds, some call us fans... In the end, it really is what we think of ourselves that matter...

your right, some do not understand. but when your costume looks good, who can deny the greatness of the fett???!!??

From
    The Cold Widwest

Sometimes, when I bleed, I write "TDH" on the walls with it.

Sometimes.

I was once looking at a Vader figure in a comic shop (sorry, I'm more into Vader than Fett - but I really like Fett, really really) and I said to the clerk, "that's weird, it appears to have an ANH helmet and an ESB chestbox" (or something similar, it was some time back now). The clerk just looked at me with a blank stare and a blink. You'd think at least a person who worked in a shop that sells these kinds of things would appreciate that sort of attention to detail... even just a little?

From
    my place

Most people have no idea as to the detail that make up a custom

Or the differance between ESB and ROTJ

From
    Huntsville Alabama

You may call us obsessive, but I think if you are gonna do something, do it right. I know how it feels to look at a finished project and think " I could have done better." Since I've joined this site and seen the standards to which you guys hold yourselves I have been inspired. Unyeilding dedication to detail and perfection should be the norm, not the exception! It's good to be different, enjoy it.

Yes gentlemem, TDH has brought us to a very strange level when it comes to the eyes of other people. ''Who care what they say''. Anyway when it comes to Fett we dont settle for less we want super accuracy not to mention more and more. Im done with my ROTJ Fett but Im still tweaking and tweaking but not satisfied yet. We always sem to catch its and bits here and there.

From
    San Diego, California

When I was at a local Toys R Us doing the Toys for Tots toy drive, a man came up to me and asked to take a pic of me in my ROTJ Boba. Then he mentioned that he has been checking out the 501st Legion and thinking about joining with a Boba costume but he said he couldn't find anything nearly as accurate as what I have on . So naturally I told him to check out TDH!

So, like some of you guys mentioned...some may call us nerds, some may call us fans but when the general public see's the fruits of our labor, it's all worth it and they make us feel like rock stars when they are swarming to take pics!

From
    North Carolina

One guy asked me what I thought of his suit, and I pointed out several details that were wrong for the version he was doing. I immediately followed it with "of course, only the guys on TDH would ever notice that."

Charlie

From
    Buenos Aires - Argentina

Dave, from the moment that I am part of this wonderful group, all my point of view of Boba Fett or Jango Fett changed, so much so that my own family asked me if I wanted some toy of SATR WARS and my nephew for Christmas he requested me the helmet of B. Fett.
    It is really very crazy all this, but I eat up it likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

haha, remember the blaster that came with the POTF figure?

lol. I still have that figure somewhere.

I've still got the figure, but my dog ate the blaster. That was before I was into any of this and I could still tell that what the figure was holding was different from what fett had on screen lol

From
    San Diego, California

How hard to could it be for Hasbro to make the accurate EE-3 blaster for the 3 3/4 inch and 12" figures?

From
    New York

Probably as hard as it was for them to make the visor correctly on the Hasbro Helmet.

From
    i live in a small town in Norway, Scandinavia

my brother and i have a saying: you can never be nerdy enough!

to prove this; he fly's free falcon 5 with... evetything and im making SW armor

From
    New York

My fiance says I'm a dork. She classifies that as being more than a nerd.

From
    The Cold Widwest

I don't do rank in the names, but more of descriptions...

Dorks are fans, and the "lightest fans" in my opinion, people who enjoy the films and elements, but don't realy second guess characters. They relise its just a movie, and actors. It never realy happened.( I classify myself in this category. I realise I'm a dork, and I get preety in-depth about the costumes, but I've never once thought "Gee I wonder what was going through that background Imperial officer's mind when he was on the bridge of whatever", or "Gee self, I wonder what *character's name here* was doing when *insert movie scene here* was going on. ) They also hate Star Wars deep down.

Nerds are the "crazies", who get in depth about characters/movies, ones who go nuts trying to figure out the mechanics of the Falcon and want to talk to me in the toy isle. They can't seperate reality from fantasy, and drive themselves, and evryone around them nuts from try to figure out characters and their motives,etc.

Geeks are people who can do your homework for you, and enjoy sci-fi, any and all, but still value other leanin'.

And then theres the High Clam Lord. He's in a class of his own.

So says the guy making descriptions of the weirdos. But seriously, when I'm out, and if I see someone at the mall,etc. and they're wearing a SW shirt, or when I take a quick look down the toy isle, I would hands down never talk to them, let alone be caught with them anywhere in public with them. There's some people who can't understand this, but I'm dead serious. People who are sci-fi fans, usualy, are the sterotype ones, and I can't stand them. And I admit, deep down I hate SW. I like the idea of it, but I've not whatched the movies in years.

The figures, I like them, but I'm selling like 1/2 my stuff, and I just don't like them "enough" I guess. They're cool to have, and I like to have them, but loving SW is totaly diffrent. There's an article out that someone did that I totaly agree with. Its been posted here a few times. Check it out.
    "SW fans hate SW."

I enspecialy don't like the ones with "SW is forever" tatooed on themselves.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Bringin' up the HCL again, eh Jodo? I'll always get a laugh outta that one!

From
    New York

Please Jodo, elaborate on the High Clam Lord? That's the first time I've ever heard that term. LOL!

From
    The Cold Widwest

He seriously needs a Wiki entry.

He was a member who preety much wanted to militarize TDH. But seriously, he had some idea of having "real body armor" for a group of Mandos. I hear he's on some sort of government list now-a-days.

From
    Indiana

Man I love this place. I am happy to know that when looking at items like toys or the ROTJ poster at home, the one with the ESB Boba, that I am not alone.