Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Jun 15, 2009, 11:28 PM - What happened to ESB suit? #1

ive been looking through the gallery and just thought what happened to the ESB suit? like the actual screen used one.i cant seem to find it anywhere. does it still exist or was it lost or destroyed or repainted or something? can anyone help me with this one?
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jun 16, 2009, 4:50 AM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #2

wasn't it repainted for the ROTJ suit?
  3. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 16, 2009, 7:50 AM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #3

Nope, it was burnt as Vader is burnt in Ep. VI

Just kidding! It's actually the one used on the AoSW exhibition, also C4. The gauntlets I thik they're not because the ESB left gaunt is vaccumformed. The left knee of AoSW is from the PP#2, but the rest is IMO the ESB suit.
  4. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 16, 2009, 9:56 AM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #4

-ummm...
    none of those are true
    and the exhibit suits are not ESB

IIRC the ESB suit was stolen & never recovered.
    Jun 16, 2009, 11:57 AM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #5

Actually,
    The Original ESB suit still exist but not in a museum or ILM. It's located
    in New Zealand that someone "Can't Mention Whome" for confidential purposes. He excepted it or purchased back in the late 80's.
  6. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:00 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #6

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    -ummm...
    none of those are true
    and the exhibit suits are not ESB

IIRC the ESB suit was stolen & never recovered.
    That's completely false. The stolen suit is the PP#2 which was suposed to be the Hero ESB suit before it dessapeared, that's why some people think it was stolen.

I'm 100% sure that the ESB suit is actually repainted and shown on the AoSW exhibit.
    Last edited by KaanE; Jun 16, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
  7. Jun 16, 2009, 12:23 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #7

Actually your both wrong...

I've got the ESB suit!

8. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:24 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #8

Quote KaanE said: View Post
    That's completely false. The stolen suit is the PP#2 which was suposed to be the Hero ESB suit before it dessapeared, that's why some people think it was stolen.

I'm 100% sure that the ESB suit is actually repainted and shown on the AoSW exhibit.
    My bad.
    I can't argue with 100% sure
  9. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:27 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #9

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    My bad.
    I can't argue with 100% sure
    Hehehe, no, but really, ask Art or better if he posts here what do he think? But what I said, I'm convinced it's actually the AoSW armor.
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:31 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #10

Quote FettOfficer said: View Post
    Actually,
    The Original ESB suit still exist but not in a museum or ILM. It's located
    in New Zealand that someone "Can't Mention Whome" for confidential purposes. He excepted it or purchased back in the late 80's.

Well thats a pretty eye opening tid-bit!!!!!!!!! I'll believe it when I see it...which will probably be never, but if in fact it does still exist, it would certainly be interesting. We do know, that there is an ESB JP in the archives, but it is badly crushed, and I also believe, that at least some of the ESB parts were repainted to ROTJ. Which...IMO, makes it unlikely that someone out there has a complete ESB hiding in thier basement. I suppose its possible though, as it is probable that they had at least 2 of everything painted in ESB sceme at the time of filming. Of the 6 original helmets made, I think we know the location of 5, leaving one unaccounted for (which was a pre-pro I believe) So..if it was repainted to ESB, its possible that the missing ESB suit has this helmet with it...although I find that unlikely.
  11. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:39 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #11

I have only seen 3 armors in my life (2 of them in pics).

1st - ESB one which is 93% aprox AoSW and the Ab. plate is on the MoM (Forget the gauntlets).

2nd - RotJ one, used for the MoM except for the Ab. plate, which was used in ESB and in RotJ as Hero.

3rd - The RotJ Stunt with red portions. I don't know where it's, maybe the archives.

Then 6 helmets were made. IMO the white helmet all the pics came from (with the dent add) is the ESB version helmet (before paintjob). Also the armor of the Supertrooper video is IMO the ESB armor, with the chest plates too curved.

About the jet packs I know about... 1 for PP#1/#3, one for PP#2 (stolen), 1 for ESB (maybe it's a repainted PP#1/#3 but I don't think so), and 3 for RotJ (1 is FOAM, 1 is the stunt of AoSW, and the other one is the MoM one, maybe one of the last two mentioned is a repainted ESB JP, I don't hope it so...).
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:47 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #12

Lets see some photos. showing the exhibits

this could be entertaining.
  13. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 16, 2009, 1:12 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #13

Here's a comparison. I haven't done it about the Cod & Back/Collar, I'm a bit tired after P90X. If everyone wants is I could to it... It's just a Chest comparison.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say that: Pics by Darthmiller/SpideyFett (C4 ones) and me (The Exhibition ones).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin título-1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	34273  
  14. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 17, 2009, 12:52 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #14

The PP#3 armor, which is suposed to be the ESB one, has the MoM Ab. plate too.

About shoulders, I think the MoM ones are actually the shoulders used in ESB but with the big dent filled. Maybe they did another one, but... why if you can use other that's done and you will save some $ and also work?

Name:	Sin título-1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	34313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin título-.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	544.0 KB 
ID:	34314  
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:03 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #15

I am not 100% sure like some others on here. My bet is that it is burried in the Lucas archives. I have a personal friend that has been inside and has seen firsthand the tons of boxes and crates that haven't been inventoried or catalogued. He said they do not remember everything like we do, or even realize what they have. At one point he found a huge crate full of Boba jet packs and holsters. It sounds like they are working on identifying everything, but there is just tons of stuff. They also do not display somethings anymore due to the age and fragility of the stuff.
  16. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:12 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #16

Do you mean like this?

I'm sure, but costumes are here:

And Boba Fett is on a mannequin for displays, usually next to the Carbonite Han, at least that's what I have seen on pics.

And I know what do you mean with the box "full" of jet packs. Actually only 1 jet pack was in the box. I will post the 2 pics of that later.

BTW, see on the 2nd pic the part of the Star Destroyer. What scale is it at?

Name:	archive04_lg.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	34315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	archive07_lg.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	34316  
    Last edited by KaanE; Jun 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM.
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:37 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #17

Yep! Just like that. I can only confirm what I was told. From what my friend says, They hardly know what they have. I have seen some pictures too. I only wish I could have been there myself.
  18. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:41 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #18

Quote cojake said: View Post
    I only wish I could have been there myself.
    Mmmmm... Why not? I'm actually doing my way to ILM, I will pick you up at 8 PM. Be ready.
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:46 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #19

I am totally there! See you at 8
    Jun 17, 2009, 1:59 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #20

They need to hire some of us to go in there & catalouge stuff!!!! LOL Hire??? Heck, I bet most of us would actually pay them for a chance like that!!!! I know I would!!!!
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:10 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #21

Quote Jango's kid said: View Post
    They need to hire some of us to go in there & catalouge stuff!!!! LOL Hire??? Heck, I bet most of us would actually pay them for a chance like that!!!! I know I would!!!!
    I agree, but they would probably treat us like a bunch of Fanboys.
  22. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:17 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #22

Quote cojake said: View Post
    I agree, but they would probably treat us like a bunch of Fanboys.
    Aren't we?
  23. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:28 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #23

Maybe if we go with smoking and say that we're secret agents they will let us access

BTW here're the two pics I was speaking about:

Name:	Picture%20061.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	34319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20062.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	34320  
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:40 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #24

Nice pics! My buddy said the box he was talking about was like coffin sized and had something like a half dozen packs in it. some were battle damaged and some had hoses and stuff connected to the insides and such. He wasn't there to look at Boba stuff though, he just happened to stumble upon it.

Again, very cool pictures you have there.
  25. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 17, 2009, 2:51 PM - Re: What happened to ESB suit? #25

Kaane, I am glad you have such a high opinion of... my opinion...

Let me just state that this IS my OPINION and not necessarily fact.

For years it was said the ESB suit was stolen, but as has already been said, we now feel very confident in saying it was the INTENDED ESB suit which was stolen. We believe the PP2 was intended to be the hero ESB suit, but at some point, possibly during the time it was being passed around for promotional purposes, it was stolen. We know for a fact that the helmet and jet pack are now in private hands and have been told by the previous owner of the jet pack and helmet that the rest of the suit was pieces out. We can't verify that.

We know the ESB hero helmet still exists and from what I have seen I believe Kaane is right that the Armor was painted over for RotJ. We see hints of it in the exhibits. Gauntlets? Hard to say.

The RotJ undersuits were clearly ESB/Prepro blue at one time and any of the undersuits could in fact be the ESB undersuit.

We have heard rumors (and I have seen ONE pic from back around RotJ timeperiod) that a badly damamged ESB pack is in the archives but to this date, no one has shown any photo proof.

Fettofficer, I don't mean to sound ugly, but without any proof... I have heard stories like the 1000 times and it always comes up empty. Without proof, I wouldn't really be willing to give that rumor much consideration because the evidence is against it. Now, I would be willing to consider that some of the PP2 might be out there somewhere, but I find it incredibly unlikely that the ESB is out there. I think it is spread all over the place, in exhibits, at the archives, repainted, reworked.