Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what was the 1st thing you would change about episode 1?

From
    Greensburg Indiana

what was the 1st thing you would change about episode 1?

I was watching a fan edit of episode 1 the other day and I couldn't believe how many little things that could have been changed to make it a better movie! My question is what one thing would you change if Lucas asked you? I will give you mine 1st... obi-wan is hanging in the shaft looking up at darth maul, it is just so lame how a trained sith couldn't see someone teleport up and over his head while grabbing his buddies lightsaber, then gets sliced in half! every time I watch it I feel like I just got a lobotomy! just change it to where obi makes something click behind darth maul to make him look the other way, then he could do his jump.. plus it would link that jedi trick together when he did it again on the tractor beam scene to fool the stormtroopers on ep4.

"irony can be pretty ironic sometimes"- Buck Murdock
    Last edited by vadr_h8r; Apr 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM.

Re: what was the 1st thing you would change about episode 1?

Well that's a techinque I think the sith are just screwed when they face it or try and use it. First maul, then Vader. Ani tried a cool little flip and look where it got him

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

3 words: Jar Jar Binks....

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

tubachris85x said: View Post

YAHTZEE

From
    Grand Forks, ND

George Lucas' script writing !

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I liked Jar Jar.

There, I said it.

From
    Irvine, CA

I wouldn't change anything because it is Lucas' movie, like it or hate it. Fan edits, whether done well or poorly are all abominations.

The pod race. Boy , would I shorten that. It seemed WAY too much like watching nascar with my neighbors Earl and Billy Bob Jr.. Too long maybe it was meant to be a built in intermission

From
    keldabe

Not one Mandolorian anywhere to be seen, not even on tatoonine, with all the hutts there, there had to be one mando one the job somewhere.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

If you listen really hard before the race Jabba says "boogity!!boogity!!!boogity!!

"irony can be pretty ironic sometimes"- Buck Murdock

From
    East Bay Area, California

2 words...
    JAKE LLOYD!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I believe that The Phantom Menace was the best of all of the prequels. I never looked in to seeing any fan edits.

Check out this link here. It's from Episode 1. It appears he's wearing Mandalorian armor in the heading picture. and his name just happens to be Rango. I don't think he's in any way related to Jango though.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/rangotel/

Vasili Zaitsev said: View Post
    Not one Mandolorian anywhere to be seen, not even on tatoonine, with all the hutts there, there had to be one mando one the job somewhere.

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Mesa thinking yousa hitsa nails on the headsa!

From
    Silver Spring, MD

aside from liam neeson and ewan mcgregor i thought most of the acting was just poor. Liam made it credible to me. just what i think though.

From
    Carlow, Ireland

Midichlorians, what the #### was that about?

I simply didn't find the prequil trilogy had any real charm like the OT did. Too many special effects, not enough acting. No time for your eyes or brain to rest and think. For instance, ANH had that really cool sequence in the sandcrawler where all you saw was droids and junk, and all you heard were machine noises, yet there was story going on there. The original trilogy - especially ANH - was art. Episodes I, II and III were reasons for special effects. Sure, they added some backstory, but I think they could have been in a more meaningful way. I could write a book on what I didn't like about Eps I, II and III. But, in the end, as someone else here mentioned, it's Lucas' work not mine. If I painted a picture I wouldn't want someone to come along with a brush and start changing stuff. Sure, they don't have to like it, but they also don't have the right to change it.

The trade federation should have instead been the Mandolorian race which also would have made them who the clones and Jedi fought in the clone wars.

From
    Akureyri, IS

you and everybody in the world except for my mom, she bloody loves the guy, probably the only character from star wars she actually knows the name of

From
    Greensburg Indiana

Also what makes my eyes and ears bleed is the space battle when lil' Ani' shows how horrible of a pilot he was!! "lets try spinning, thats a good trick! whoooooooooaaaa!" R2-D2 was probally saying get me off this ship!!!

"something something something..........dark side!" something something something.......complete!" now that is some good writing!!

From
    Akureyri, IS

vadr_h8r said: View Post
    Also what makes my eyes and ears bleed is the space battle when lil' Ani' shows how horrible of a pilot he was!! "lets try spinning, thats a good trick! whoooooooooaaaa!" R2-D2 was probally saying get me off this ship!!!

"something something something..........dark side!" something something something.......complete!" now that is some good writing!!
    haha so true, i just think that the new tri is just yeah like somebody said to much special effects, the old you could hardly see outside the cock pit when they were flying, that was cool cause when you did it actually looked REALLY good, now it's to much special effects, doesnt look real at all

models on pins flying infront of a greenscreen ftw

CGI has a place in special effects, but it should be used in moderation. The prequil trilogy was like an advertisement for LFL's new CGI department. When Lucas made "Star Wars" (what we now call A New Hope) back in 1976 he was creating a mythology for the modern world. He was also using a lot of the techniques he learned in film school for how to tell a story in more ways than just with words. ANH was like a silent film in structure. Although much of the dialogue was important to the progression of the story, the real momentum was in the way the characters were portrayed and in the way the film looked. The music carried as much of the story as anything else, and that was intentional. The use of light and dark areas, the shape of a room, the colours of costumes and props, the distance the camera was from an actor's face, the fact that everything looked used and worn out, the relationship between the characters.... all these things made the original trilogy great. Look at how many people still love the OT, even though by todays standards the special effects are lacking. Obviously there is something else going on. Whatever that "something else" is, does not appear to be present in the prequil trilogy.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the entire PT is aweful. I have a copy of episodes I, II and III, and I watch them from time to time. There are things I very much like about them. I thought Ani's mother was the best actor in Ep I, and it's too bad that either she did not have a bigger role or that other actors did not follow her lead. Qui Gon was acted quite well, but I found there was a lot more that could have been done with his character.

I found ep II was less disappointing than ep I, but even as I sit here and type I find it difficult to recall much about it to talk about.

Over all, ep III was the best of the prequil trilogy. There was, I think, a little more character development, and more about what actually happened. However, I was put off by the fact that no matter where you looked at any given second there was always something moving in the background. One could not let the eye rest and just watch the characters. There were always things flying around and stuff - another argument that it was little more than a reason for CGI.

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I liked Jar Jar.

There, I said it.
    Meesa love you muy, muy. Demanded by da gods eet ees.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

I personally thought Natalie Portman was the worst actor of the bunch. In every film. Now, it could be that her lines were poorly written.

Theres 'Thats whats wrong with the galaxy, no one helps eachother...' or whatever. And the angel line was something my russian friends in college would use at closing time at the club.

I think the key to the prequils is this.

'It is what it is'. It is in fact, the true vision of starwars. For some reason, all the fans have one version, and the creator has another. You have to just agree to dissagree.

Starwars is my favorite 'theme' or 'subject' but not my favorite 'movie'.

While I loved them as a kid, the fact of the matter is, they were never works of the dramatic arts. What made them so special is the time you spent, being luke, and han in the back yard. Playing with your toys, and speculating 'what ifs'. The let down is the fact that most of our 'what if's' were wrong.

To me starwars is like a relationship that gets better the more you think back on it.

Starwars is great for what it is to me, not necessarily what it is

I have a few ex girlfriends that I seem to remember them in a much better light than what was probably reality too

From
    solihull,west midlands,UK

Vasili Zaitsev said: View Post
    i agree maybe qui-gon jinn should have had a sizable bounty on his head from sidious
    jar-jar binks is brilliant!!