Webley and Scott No 1 flare gun

Webley and Scott No 1 flare gun

Hello all,

Midas here. I have Webley and Scott No 1 1916 flare gun. I bought a gun lot last year and auctioned them off. That was the only gun to not sell. I think people were scared to bid. I am OK with that as it is a great piece. What does this value at? I have found nothing on it at all. How many were made? Thanks for any info. I am currently serving in Iraq and have limited access to my pics, but believe me, I have it! Thanks.

Midas

Re: Webley and Scott No 1 flare gun

No idea what they are worth as I have never found a de-activated one for sale which I think is the only way I could get one in England. (never looked into it to see if I can get a live one because it is an obselete caliber)
    They don't seem to come up for sale very often over here.

Craig

on an item like this, value tends to be really subjective. it all really boils down to the old saying,"it's worth what someone will pay for it."

ballpark figure on value from what I've seen is about 700-1500 depending on condition and if its all original matching. as for how many were made I have no idea.

From
    madison,ms.

To gun collectors it's worth $400 to $500. For fett heads it's the $700 to $1500 mark.