Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2008, 11:16 PM - We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #1

While we feel the TDH table/booth at Comic Con was a great success we really want to improve and enhance the booth. One thing that ALWAYS attracts attention is when we have members in costume at the table or when members bring their props to display. However, having members bring their own props means the possibility of those pieces being damaged or even stolen. With that in mind, we would like to put together two upper body busts (as seen in the image below), one of Boba and one of Jango, to be permanent table display pieces. These pieces would be permanently affixed to the mannequins and would have portable storage boxes that would double as pedestals for the displays. While we may have to resort to purchasing pieces for these costumes, I would first like to ask you, our members for donations of parts to build these up. We need a lot of parts but since these will be armless, legless, and rockketpackless displays, it should be relatively easy to put together with your help. Below is a list of the parts we know we will need (there may need to be more). If you feel you can help, please sign up and I will contact you privately with details. Thanks for all of your support!

Progress on these pieces will be posted here until they are complete!

Boba Fett:
    Helmet - ART ANDREWS
    Ears - ART ANDREWS
    Metal Rangefinder Stalk -
    Visor -
    Rangefinder -
    Ranefinder Lamps -
    Undersuit -
    Vest -
    Wookie Braids -
    Chest Armor (Chest, Ab and Backplate, Shoulder Bells) -
    Shoulder Screws -
    Cape -
    Girth Belt -
    Ammo Belt -
    Side Pouches -
    Helmet Painting -
    Armor Painting -

Jango Fett:
    Helmet -
    Ears -
    Metal Rangefinder Stalk -
    Visor -
    Rangefinder -
    Undersuit -
    Leather Vest -
    Chest Armor (Chest, Ab and Backplate, Shoulder Bells) -
    Leather Rope Belt -
    Leather Ammo Belt -
    Helmet Painting -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdh_standees.png 
Views:	631 
Size:	359.6 KB 
ID:	26323  
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Aug 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM.
    Jul 30, 2008, 11:22 PM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #2

I offer my services to paint up the Boba armor if needed.
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2008, 11:42 PM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #3

What versions of Boba for the busts? I could supply a helmet or two if needed. I could also airbrush paints if needed.
    Jul 30, 2008, 11:50 PM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #4

I can do the painting and construction for a Jango helmet!
    Last edited by tubachris85x; Jul 31, 2008 at 12:45 AM.
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:05 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #5

I could take care of these for Jango

Chest Armor (Chest, collar, Ab and Shoulder Bells) Leather Ammo Belt
  6. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:21 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #6

Sorry, forgot the image...
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:23 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #7

Oh ok, just lifesized Gentle Giants bust's
  8. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:36 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #8

I can offer a leather ammo belt for boba, I'll buy the good stuff.
  9. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:52 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #9

I reallly don't like the idea of the Boba being without a Jet Pack
    Let me see what i can do to procure one & I will also offer to paint it

if that's ok with you guys
    also,
    If we do ROTJ, I have a correct Shelterhalf that you can have for the cape
    crazy4bobafett won't mind sewing it for me , I'm sure
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:54 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #10

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    I reallly don't like the idea of the Boba being without a Jet Pack
    Let me see what i can do to procure one & I will also offer to paint it

if that's ok with you guys
    lol the JP is there, the top of the missile is popping over the top of the helmet
  11. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jul 31, 2008, 1:19 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #11

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    lol the JP is there, the top of the missile is popping over the top of the helmet

On the Mini-Bust, yes there is a Jet Pack (jet pack)
    But not on the full-size;

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    We need a lot of parts but since these will be armless, legless, and rockketpackless displays, it should be relatively easy to put together with your help.
  12. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 1:20 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #12

Wow... The immediate response is amazing.... but I guess thiskind of response should be expected from this community as you guys have all been so so generous in the past.

In regard to the rocket pack, I wasn't going to include them because I wanted these pieces to be display pieces only and very portable as we would likely be shipping them from con to con. I would love to have the packs, but just don't know how we could make that work but I am totally open to your ideas and suggestions.
  13. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 1:23 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #13

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    What versions of Boba for the busts? I could supply a helmet or two if needed. I could also airbrush paints if needed.
    I am not entirely sure which version to do. As much as I don't like it myself, the SE combo seems to be the favored variation of the suit, so perhaps that would be the best way to go.
    Jul 31, 2008, 1:24 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #14

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    On the Mini-Bust, yes there is a Jet Pack (jet pack)
    But not on the full-size;
    Woops, I missread that! My bad
    Jul 31, 2008, 1:40 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #15

I have a mystery helmet I can throw out there for anyone to paint. Just tell me where to send it.

DON'T TELL ME I DON'T VISIT THIS BOARD, ART !

BTW- I love your sig...I can't wait to make it mine
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 4:37 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #16

l am up for helping in any way that I can. just let me know what work needs to be done, I am up for painting all of the way to building parts from scratch.
    Jul 31, 2008, 7:28 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #17

I should be able to provide a full Jango helmet and RF for Boba.
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:20 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #18

I have 2 white girth belts. They are made of nylon though, not mohair. I was gonna throw them up on the boards but if you guys could use them they're yours. I don't have the first clue as to how to dye the nylon, but they are at your disposal non-the-less.

Levi
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:26 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #19

I'd be happy to provide any decals you'd need for the helmet, chest ,shoulder and JetPack.
  20. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:57 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #20

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post

In regard to the rocket pack, I wasn't going to include them because I wanted these pieces to be display pieces only and very portable as we would likely be shipping them from con to con. I would love to have the packs, but just don't know how we could make that work but I am totally open to your ideas and suggestions.
    You have a very good point.
    They do tend to take up a lot of room.

My vote is for SE (even though I'm a purist)
    Can I still do the Cape?
  21. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #21

Sounds good, and yes, we will still need the cape.

I have gotten quite a few pms about this project as well as the posts here. Please be patient as I sort through them and try to figure out who can do what.
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:09 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #22

I have 1 mannaquin torso (without head) I'd like to donate for the project. I will check about getting a replacement head for it today.
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:12 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #23

I got a head, it's a female but you guys can have it
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:14 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #24

Quote Mattastic13 said: View Post
    I got a head, it's a female but you guys can have it

I have a head too and it's male....but you can't have it cause it's my only one.....

I know but if I didn't say it someone else would!
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:18 AM - Re: We need your help to create two busts for our TDH booth! #25

Quote tk9950 said: View Post
    I have a head too and it's male....but you can't have it cause it's my only one.....

I know but if I didn't say it someone else would!
    I knew I shouldn't have said it!!