Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    99
    Jan 7, 2017, 9:17 AM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #151

    Hi all, I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I wanted to post an update in regards to my ROTJ commission with Rick. I received my first package from him on Wednesday to include my weathered flight suit, vest, boots, chest, ab and back armor. As I was expecting, the quality of the paint and weathering work is top notch, which, in the end, is why I went with Rick to begin with.

    With that being said, I'm still waiting on my helmet, gauntlets, knees and shoulders on a commission that was agreed to be completed on June 24, 2016.

    I can't speak for him on other outstanding commissions, but I just wanted to let people know that he hasn't disappeared.



    Mike
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    171
    Jan 8, 2017, 8:02 AM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #152

    Good news. Thanks for info Mike. So there is still hope.
  4. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    Jan 8, 2017, 6:18 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #153

    Cheeers for update much appreciated lets hope this bull**** sorts itself.
    H


    Quote Flamechicken said: View Post
    Hi all, I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I wanted to post an update in regards to my ROTJ commission with Rick. I received my first package from him on Wednesday to include my weathered flight suit, vest, boots, chest, ab and back armor. As I was expecting, the quality of the paint and weathering work is top notch, which, in the end, is why I went with Rick to begin with.

    With that being said, I'm still waiting on my helmet, gauntlets, knees and shoulders on a commission that was agreed to be completed on June 24, 2016.

    I can't speak for him on other outstanding commissions, but I just wanted to let people know that he hasn't disappeared.

    Mike
  5. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    Jan 9, 2017, 5:56 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #154

    Ive sent a couple of texts , FB messages and offered to pay postage to get my kit back, (which would have been the case anyways) man i must be either stupid or stupid to keep pouring money into this degenerate black hole. what annoys me the most is Rick has had all the cards, my bucks, my kit. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone recently said there had been issues with Rick in the past and a thread concerning that had been posted then removed. ???.. if this is true I'm certainly wondering why that would have been the case., and whether id made the decision i did and be in this predicament????
  6. formerly buda741 rnbuda's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Jan 9, 2017, 9:31 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #155

    Quote Hunter930 said: View Post
    Ive sent a couple of texts , FB messages and offered to pay postage to get my kit back, (which would have been the case anyways) man i must be either stupid or stupid to keep pouring money into this degenerate black hole. what annoys me the most is Rick has had all the cards, my bucks, my kit. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone recently said there had been issues with Rick in the past and a thread concerning that had been posted then removed. ???.. if this is true I'm certainly wondering why that would have been the case., and whether id made the decision i did and be in this predicament????
    Rick should send your kit back ASAP it's ridiculous that he hasn't responded to you yet!

    Here's Rick's apology thread from 2012 which reads just like his current: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/c...ampaign-46488/
  7. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    Jan 9, 2017, 10:52 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #156

    Holy ****balls anyone owed kit commissions from this bloke have a read of this post from Rick, re the thread outlined by rnbuda. . I cannot believe that this has happened before AND he has been allowed to continue to advertise his services on this site, whereby unsuspecting members have been stung again.
    Last edited by Hunter930; Jan 9, 2017 at 10:58 PM.
  8. Funkyred's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    347
    Jan 10, 2017, 6:20 AM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #157

    Have any of the admin team been in contact with him and tried to mediate ?
  9. redkraytdragon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,369
    Jan 10, 2017, 2:46 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #158

    If you look at the main home page menu for this site, right below 'Cargo Hold' where it starts: One collector's junk could be another man's treasure.....you'll see: "Exchanges between members are private transactions and not managed by the site".

    Admin is not required to step in. Whether or not they choose to may be another matter.
  10. formerly buda741 rnbuda's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 10, 2017, 10:07 AM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #159

    Any updates from outstanding orders?

    I still haven't received my $500 refund.
  11. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 11, 2017, 9:15 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #160

    Nothing brutha.
  12. formerly buda741 rnbuda's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 11, 2017, 10:06 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #161

    Quote Hunter930 said: View Post
    Nothing brutha.
    Not even an email?!
  13. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 11, 2017, 10:19 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #162

    Not even an email. This guy has just ran with my kit. Simply a common thief.
  14. formerly buda741 rnbuda's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    1 Week Ago - Feb 12, 2017, 10:12 AM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #163

    Quote Hunter930 said: View Post
    Not even an email. This guy has just ran with my kit. Simply a common thief.
    Yikes man, I've seen him on Facebook more as of late. I'd try there too.
  15. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    1 Week Ago - Feb 12, 2017, 2:05 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #164

    Ya gotta laugh hey, trying to track a dude down so too communicate to him to return your stolen kit.. If anything its a source of amusement. na Im done with this clown, he knows he as my kit, he can choke on it as far I'm concerned
  16. formerly buda741 rnbuda's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    1 Week Ago - Feb 12, 2017, 8:51 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #165

    Quote Hunter930 said: View Post
    Ya gotta laugh hey, trying to track a dude down so too communicate to him to return your stolen kit.. If anything its a source of amusement. na Im done with this clown, he knows he as my kit, he can choke on it as far I'm concerned
    Yeah, I mean there's no reason he can't return your kit or send us refunds. Getting annoying I'm at 2.5 years (he doesn't have any of my stuff and Eric finished my helmet) but I still want my money back.
  17. Hunter930's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Posts
    377
    1 Week Ago - Feb 12, 2017, 10:33 PM - Re: Warning: Issues with Rick Ponte / Ponteworks #166

    Yeah I'm out Kit n Funds

Similar Threads

  1. Rick Springfield
    By tterrell in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2016, 3:43 PM
  2. Ponte's Fettpride Jetpack Unveiled
    By Ponte in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Feb 3, 2015, 10:09 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2013, 2:39 PM
  4. SHOWOFF: Ponte's SE Ammo Belt by BBF
    By BooBoo Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 7, 2010, 6:19 PM