Subscribe
  1. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jun 20, 2009, 5:02 AM - Voice amp advice ROM FX v's Hyperdyne v's ??? #1

Hi guys

I am needing a voice amp. Now I have had a play with the Rom FX and thought it was ok, but it did not thrill the pants off me to be fair - and it seemed a little expensive, when I am not really needing the static burst?

I would like some more info on the Hyperdyne amp if anyone can offer any? I understand you can change the voice with preprogramed chips/cards/disk? To get a Cylon, Vader or Boba?

I am interested in this and it sounds loke the amp I would like to get hold of? If anyone can give me any info on them or knows of any for sale or trade it would be good. I understand they have not been made for a while.

Thanking you
    Bobby.
    Jun 20, 2009, 9:54 AM - Re: Voice amp advice ROM FX v's Hyperdyne v's ??? #2

I have a Hyperdyne Vortex v1 and a Rom FX. When I was deciding which to use for Boba and which to put in TK armor, I decided I like the Vortex for Boba since it modulates the voice a little better and it's easier to hide all the Vortex components in a Boba outfit (batteries, board, separate amp) than it is in TK armor. I'm also going to get around to rigging the remote button down the sleeve and into my glove at some point so that I can use the blaster effects.

The Vortex is even more expensive than a ROM FX, though -- and that's if you can even find someone selling one. And while it's neat to be able to change the voice chips, I'm never going to do a Vader or Cylon myself, so I'm not sure how responsible it was of me to buy both. On the other hand, since when does "responsible" factor into any of my Boba purchases?
  3. Member Since
    May 2003
    Jun 20, 2009, 12:21 PM - Re: Voice amp advice ROM FX v's Hyperdyne v's ??? #3

Rob

I would speak to John about his new ROM FX's hes doing, I think theres a sepcial bounty hunter one coming out, this would be ideal, plus as the ROMFX is uk made, I would go with that any day of the week
    Jun 20, 2009, 1:32 PM - Re: Voice amp advice ROM FX v's Hyperdyne v's ??? #4

Ears .. pricking .. up ..... special BH ROM-FX?

Must .. dash .. to .. ROMFX.com