UPDATE: FINALLY getting the ball rolling on our move

UPDATE: FINALLY getting the ball rolling on our move

Hey fellow hunters,
    I just wanted to post this in case anyone needs to get in touch or wonders where i have gone this month, as i will be on only spuratically all month. As some of you know, i have been planning on moving to Long Island New York this year from Brooklyn NY. Its about an hour and a half from where i am in Brooklyn now. The original plan was to be out by June 1st. Well alot has happened, or should i say, NOT happened to delay this until now.

I am moving into the rear part of my inlaws house. Its basically a seperate apt, with our own entrance and full use of the back yard. (A mother/daughter i think its called?) It hasnt been used in years so it needed to be be renovated. We are also building a shed/shop for me with electricity in the backyard so i can do my work NOT in my "bedroom" in my 1 bedroom apt like i do here. I will also be able to have armor parties

My father in law is handy with all of this stuff, so he is doing the most of the work himself with myself and some friends helping when we/they can. But between my mother in laws business and having to travel to trade shows that he goes to as well, and my wifes grandmother gifting them a carribean cruise...things didnt get done as planned and the "ready date" kept getting pushed back.

What made this worse was i had put notice in at my job to leave the original move date, June 1st. It looked like it may be june 15th to July first at that point so i fuigured i could get by for 2 weeks to a month with my commissions, and offically left my job. Well it obviously took longer, as it is now Sept 1st and i havent moved yet, our bills are behind, and there still needs to be quite a few things done to the place before we can make it at least minimally liveable.

So now the move date is Oct 1st. However in order to speed up the process, i will be going there a few days a week to help get everything done. We also are now starting to pack our things. What this means for you guys is that anyone waiting on commissions from me may have a delay in your orders, as i get the new place livable and also start packing up my "shop" The landlord wants to start showing the apt next week and im not sure how to show it with our bed in the livingroom and the bedroom set up as a shop lol.

im doing my best for the next 2 weeks to do any and all of the smaller orders i had lingering (all the shin tools are done) I also have some Fett helmets to get started and 1 in particular with a deadline of Sept 24th. So my main focus will be on that helmet, finishing up mostly done commissions, and the small stuff for the next 2 weeks and thewn im going tohave to pack up the shop to start moving the stuff out.

So if you contact me about an order you may have placed with me anytime this month, i am NOT running from you, or hiding, or trying to take your money lol. Once i ma mostly set up in the new place, i will have a temp place in the basement to work, and i should be online regularly again until i get all of your orders done and out.

thanks for reading and i will see you all soon, and am looking forward to a new workspace to help serve you (and me) better!

-Lou "Darth Voorhees" Platania

Re: UPDATE: FINALLY getting the ball rolling on our move

See that is how to do it Lou..Keep everyone posted and everything is cool..Good luck with move.

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Sending good vibes your way man. All the best on your move!

From
    Sacramento, California

Hope everything goes well!

Thanks all, heading there now to do some work and clear out what will be my temp workspace. This is where the fun begins....

From
    Massachusetts

Best of luck on the move and with the new set up.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Great work Lou!...best of luck with the move.

Thanks guys! Back home today to do a little Fett work, then going back to the new place tomorrow to clear the bushes/shrubs to make a spot for the new shed/shop. Its going to be small, 10X10, just about the size of the room im using now, but its not in my actually living space which is fantastic! lol Plus i will have storge space in the basement of the house wher ei can store the commissions and do not hazardous things like trim ABS armor n such This is gonna be great!

From
    Canada

Good luck with the move !

From
    San Clemente, CA

Best of luck with the move, Lou. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Thanks for all the luck..imma need it!

Heading out to the new place again today, and likely for most of next week.

So the half downed tree in the back yard has been removed and the ground is leveled for the shed/shop.

My father inlaw is going to lay down a concrete base hopefully soon.

Right now, the spray foam insulation was just finished, and we are going there to finish off the ceilings, and rip up the last of the old flooring.

The steps to the upstairs bedroom will be put in this weekend i think, as well as the outside steps/deck.

New flooring has been ordered and should be here next week. Then we need to tape and Spackle, paint, and lay the floor down amongst other smaller things.

Then the shed/shop needs to be assembled and set up.

Still lots to do...definitely crunch time!!!