Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thinking of a Fett tat

thinking of a Fett tat

OK guys (and gals) I've been thinking about getting my first tatoo for several years now and I'm pretty sure a Fett theme is what I want. I'd be willing to bet there are several TDH members who sport Fett/Mando tats who can give good advice.
    I'm thinking of just a black (or maybe red) mythosaur skull (ROTJ style of course ) on my left shoulder.
    Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks bros!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: thinking of a Fett tat

I have one on my right shoulder...black left arm already has a 1/4 sleeve so couldnt do it there! But red or black skull would be my vote. I might get the jaster mereel skull on my calf sometime I like that one as well

From
    Lawrence, KS

I can't say anything against it. Mine (as you see in my avatar) is on my left calf, b/c I like the way the shape of the skull fit my leg and it allowed me to do it much larger. Of my 11 tattoos it is my largest. It is however backwards. It took me over a year to realize this as I only saw it clearly in a mirror and it always looked right. At this point I kinda like that b/c it makes it just a tiny bit unique.

I have my skull on my right leg. I love it

El1te

From
    Lexington, Ky

I have a bantha skull on my right leg myself

From
    Cookeville, TN

Kind of suprised SEEKER hasn't chimed in yet. ^__-

Cool; thanks guys!
    So what should I expect to pay for a one color Mythosaur skull, not too big, on the shoulder?

From
    USAF Utah

depends on where your at and who does it...It took an hour to do mine. My guy is fast...so maybe $150 or so?

From
    Highland, California, United States

Well I'll chime in... you could do your coloring like mine.
    I didn't want mine to look like a sticker so we did this concept a few years ago.
    I'd like to get it touched up a bit now.
    Mine ran about $100 or so and took about 45 min it about 7 inches give or take its hard to measure the back of your neck by yourself...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mando-skull-jpg  

From
    USAF Utah

That looks good! Wish I would have done mine red after the fact...and now more so after seeing that

From
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

I've been itching for a new tat myself and a Fett one has been looking pretty good lately, but me....I tend to go extreme. I have my left forearm from elbow to wrist covered...so that's half-sleeved, I have my right forearm almost completely sleeved from shoulder to wrist....I have 2 on my chest....and when I go for a Fett tat....I'll probably go for some big custom, crazy detailed and colored piece over just the skull....although adding my BH number to it is looking like a possibility now too. Just have to make sure I can fit the whole idea onto the one arm. See, my left arm is full of tributes to my Father, God rest his soul, and my right arm is full of tributes to things that are big in my life.....soooo.....let us know how it goes and I'll let YOU guys know! LOL

J

Really cool guys; thanks for all the info!
    Keep the advice and stories coming!

From
    Lexington, Ky

I paid $90 for mine

From
    USAF Utah

DP74 said: View Post
    I've been itching for a new tat myself and a Fett one has been looking pretty good lately, but me....I tend to go extreme. I have my left forearm from elbow to wrist covered...so that's half-sleeved, I have my right forearm almost completely sleeved from shoulder to wrist....I have 2 on my chest....and when I go for a Fett tat....I'll probably go for some big custom, crazy detailed and colored piece over just the skull....although adding my BH number to it is looking like a possibility now too. Just have to make sure I can fit the whole idea onto the one arm. See, my left arm is full of tributes to my Father, God rest his soul, and my right arm is full of tributes to things that are big in my life.....soooo.....let us know how it goes and I'll let YOU guys know! LOL

J
    Id like to do my right upper arm (military has restrictions on tats) with some more Boba stuff like this...might have to start drawing it up more already have the skull on that shoulder so Im thinking I could add to it giving me ideas here and I have some money to burn lol great thanks

From
    USAF Utah

found this on google image search! Looks decent enough not hella accurate but kinda a nice tatt

From
    Orange County, Ca

Not the skull bit this is my wip on my right arm.

From
    Sheffield, UK

i've got this beauty tattooed on my right thigh, wanted a star wars take on the traditional "dagger through skull" tatt. my left thigh is the stormtrooper in my avatar. Sorry about the **** camera pic, plus the tatt is on a curve so it looks a bit odd haha

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...jodes/fett.jpg
    Last edited by ronnyjodes; Apr 1, 2010 at 4:22 AM.

You guys should come down to the shop and let me tattoo the fett with my fett tattoo machine!

Heres me at work and an example of what I do...More at www.myspace.com/tattoosbystan

From
    Cookeville, TN

xfettx said: View Post
    Hey, You have my C5 suit on you! LOL!

From
    M/V Wahoo somewhere in the GOM

i so want to go to GA just to have you finish my left calf i've given to BF!

Glock! I didn't realize you were down here! I'm in Canton dude! What's the name of your shop?
    Although I guess Albany is a little far for me...

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Id like to do my right upper arm (military has restrictions on tats) with some more Boba stuff like this...might have to start drawing it up more already have the skull on that shoulder so Im thinking I could add to it giving me ideas here and I have some money to burn lol great thanks
    Really the AF won't let you have tats on your upper arm? That sucks. I'm in the Army and we're now allowed to have tats on the neck and hands. You'd think upper arms wouldn't be an issue since their covered 95% of the time by uniform sleeves anyway.

mandosoldier said: View Post
    Really the AF won't let you have tats on your upper arm? That sucks. I'm in the Army and we're now allowed to have tats on the neck and hands. You'd think upper arms wouldn't be an issue since their covered 95% of the time by uniform sleeves anyway.
    AF at times can roll up their sleeves on their uniforms....

Where we have to swelter in our Uni's they get to chill lol...

One thing I hate about the army...just let us roll our sleeves up for Pete's Sakes!

Glock...

You got anymore pics of your work?

daric larone said: View Post
    Glock! I didn't realize you were down here! I'm in Canton dude! What's the name of your shop?
    Although I guess Albany is a little far for me...
    Odd ly enough its called "the Tattoo Shop"

From
    USAF Utah

mandosoldier said: View Post
    You cant cover more than 25% of an exposed Body part....sooo i cant do to much below the sleeve line on the arm. I have a 1/4 sleeve on my left arm. It extends below my sleeve line a little bit up to my shoulder. My arms are covered all the time except if I was in short sleeve dress uniform (which I dont like to wear short sleeve Blues...I think they look dumb. More of a long sleeves and tie) But in my flight suit not allowed to roll up my sleeves at all. Not like the ABU were you can roll em up.