Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TDH Support of my Nazgul Build

TDH Support of my Nazgul Build

So now that I sold my Fett, and I do miss it, but it was time to move on, what's a guy to do. The answer...scare the **** out of kids on Halloween. I've enlisted some of the prop makers here to help me with my Nazgul build. Christi aka Crazy4BobaFett (the best flightsuit maker around) has gathered all of the various textiles and is set to start on the layered cloaks in a couple of weeks. Seriously cool stuff. Exchanged MANY reference pix. Museum medieval armor maker in Maryland set to start armor shortly and many others parts - boots, scabbard, sword - in the works.

I know it's not SW, but I made so many good friends here, I thought there might be some interest. This thread will slowly unfold.

Also, I am pursuing a concurrent Nazgul build for my 6 year old. Kids are great!

Account Deactivated

Re: TDH Support of my Nazgul Build

Can't wait to see this

From
    Galati, Romania

Nazguls are so cool. Kind of Boba Fetts from Lord of the Rings. Can't wait to see the final result.

Respect!

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Very scary! Can't wait to see this... there's a ALOT of details in in the armor pieces... even just the hands and feet you see on screen.

From
    Wisconsin

This will be awesome! Love LOTR.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

LOVE the nagul. Will be watching....

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

Wow. Cool. Always loved teh Nazgul. I recall seeing some of the behind the scenes footage stating that each costume required a ton of fabric. Good luck. Can't wait to see the photos.

From
    Highland, California, United States

Me too!!! =) Oh wait, LOL!!!

From
    Yorkshire UK

That sounds awesome, Can't wait to see it. :-)

Armory received the boots and gloved I shipped. He was impressed with the boots which makes me feel like I am off on the right foot. Some pix of the sword below. IT's a United Cutlery replica right out of the box. Got a pretty good price too at $180 new. Nice and heavy. Leather hilt wrapping. 4 feet long. The acid etching gives it a nice weathered feel, but I'll add a little more to give a bit of grime too. That's my 52" 6-year old who thinks this is way cool.

dscn2621-jpg dscn2626-jpg

From
    bristol , tennessee

This should be very interesting, I can't wait to see some progress!

From
    Michigan

Awesome! I've seen a few of the Kropserkel Nazgul's a number of years back and they were extremely impressive. Can't wait to see yours all done!

Kropserkel is the man when it comes to the armor. I'm not planning on doing the armor that is covered by the robe, so just boot and gauntlet armor. The guy I have contracted makes full suits for museums at about $15k a pop, so it should be impressive. Also, I think Christi will raise the bar on the robe - trust me. It'll probably be a couple months before the next update with photos, but I will get an update out there.

From
    Northern VA

Sounds like a cool project!

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

Ha! That is toooo funny!

From

I'm still digging myself out of the backed up sewing work pile from being without a machine for 5 weeks!!!
    But... I am working on the pattern concept...
    So, it is progressing. I am very excited about this project!!!

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

Egads! I need to pay more attention. I don't think I new you got rid of your Fett! (Granted, old age affected memory) That was one heck of a nice Fett. Did the suit go complete? And what of the Ammo Belt? Really, yours was my favorite. Did it find a good home?

Terry....Suit sold complete for a good price and went to a GREAT home. The guy worked for ILM for years and scripted some of the scenes in the new movies including the Jango kamino fight. He had seen the real thing at ILM and that mine smoked it in up close authenticity. Suit is now relegated to life in a showcase. Pretty cool. You and Nathan should feel proud as well as a few others.

As for the Nazgul, still stalled, but both the Armor and the robe are scheduled to resume in July. Post progress photos as soon as I get some.
    Last edited by Astro Builder; Jun 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM.

From
    Wisconsin

I will be watching for those pics!!!

I know this is just a teaser, but Christi (crazy4bobafett) has secured and dyed all the various textiles. Now the SDCC is done, she is reviewing the movie and plans to start cutting and sewing in the next week or so.

Finally found a scabbard and belt maker on a budget I can afford. MOst people wanted $1000 - ouch!. Found a guy for $300 which was all there was left to spend on this project. Perfect!

Armor working but slow to progress. I'll post fabrication pictures when I have some.

2011-08-03_14-02-53_828-jpg

From
    Christchurch,New Zealand

This should be a good watch, can't wait to see more!

From
    Kansas

To be honest, I think the Nazguls were the only characters I saw in LOTR that I actually thought looked cool. Can't wait to see an accurate and very detailed costume!

From

Well with all that has been going on, this has been a steady but slow progression.
    Been keeping Justin posted on its goings on...
    So I figured an update is much needed here. =)
    The robe is about complete. The sleeves were added this weekend and I am working on the hood atm.
    Which has been an interesting build itself. It has quite a support structure assembled to it it. With a soft base attached to the robe, a middle structure and top piece which should encompass the long hood drape you see down the front. If it goes as I conceptualized it in my head. LOL
    I hope by this weeks end it will go into the detail, distress weather stage!

From

The robe is now complete as well as the hood and accessories.
    Now to sew his son's robe and do all the weathering and tattering on both!!!
    This thing is heavy and massive!!!!
    All of the fabric was used except for 1 yard of the gauze.

The scabbard and belt maker is progressing well. My guess is that he is well over half way done and also getting near the weathering phase. He I working from some reference museum pictures and an action figure. This past weekend we discussed a slight alteration to the scabbard attachment point at the belt. Seems the action figure depiction would not support the weight of the sword or be functional. I think the minor mod will not only be functional, but it will also look better.

Here is a link to some of his work. He is a super cool guy.

Tritonworks Custom Scabbards - Scabbards - Nautilus