Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Nov 10, 2008, 2:24 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #26

Quote fettpride said: View Post
    JUST a MSgt. huh

7 combat tours ! That's SERVICE brother !

FP
    That's stupid youth. Now that I am wiser I know how to duck and stay low on the radar.
    Nov 10, 2008, 3:10 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #27

My great-grandfather served in the Marines... was at Belleau Wood - which you Marines (and hopefully some others here) have heard of! And if you have a copy of the Leatherneck magazine this month... his picture is in it too! (Bottom of pg. 62, 9th from the left, bottom row) In the "Until Now" article by Mark E. Ryan about GySgt Fred W. Stockham who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.

So ... Thanks to all the veterans who have served this country over the years. And Thank You to all the service men and women who are currently serving here and abroad - especially in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thoughts and prayers with you all, today, tomorrow and always.
    Nov 10, 2008, 6:17 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #28

MCRD - May-August 1989 Hotel Company Plt. 2044 !!

Hotel Co.? Small world, I was in Hotel Co. Plt 2022 at MCRD, but that was in 96.

I wiling to put money down that every one that went to MCRD remembers where their barracks was.
    Nov 11, 2008, 1:33 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #29

Quote Boomer Fett said: View Post
    That's stupid youth. Now that I am wiser I know how to duck and stay low on the radar.
    You still lived it man ... more than enough for 'beaucoup' respect from me brother One 'c' tour was enough for me

Quote shortimer52 said: View Post
    Hotel Co.? Small world, I was in Hotel Co. Plt 2022 at MCRD, but that was in 96.

I wiling to put money down that every one that went to MCRD remembers where their barracks was.
    Very And ya know, you're probably right. It's been so long that as long as I could have 5 minutes to gander I'd probably find it

FP
    Nov 11, 2008, 5:15 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #30

tis ok brother I just didn't know where you might be wanting to go with it is all I spent a little time passing through Chicago in late '91 coming back from a west pac.

MCRD - May-August 1989 Hotel Company Plt. 2044 !! Do you remember the blaze at Camp Pen where recruits were air evac'd out of field training? I was smack dab in the middle of it PM SENT !

Happy B-day again !

FP
    I remember being at Edson Range and it being on fire. I can't remember if it was our company that started it or if it was the group 1 week ahead of us. Everything was burnt and black when I was in the field several weeks later.
    Nov 11, 2008, 5:20 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #31

My barracks wouldnt be hard to find. It was right on the parade deck. Sucked watching everyone graduate all the time!
    Nov 11, 2008, 5:32 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #32

It's been 22 years since I stepped on the yellow footprints at P.I.

Oorah Devil Dogs!
    Nov 11, 2008, 6:13 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #33

Quote cojake said: View Post
    I remember being at Edson Range and it being on fire. I can't remember if it was our company that started it or if it was the group 1 week ahead of us. Everything was burnt and black when I was in the field several weeks later.

I thought it was my company that did it No, it wasn't ME !! I did get a squad leader position out of the whole thing though

FP
    Nov 15, 2008, 9:48 PM - Re: TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th) #34

Quote 22ssplt said: View Post
    My barracks wouldnt be hard to find. It was right on the parade deck. Sucked watching everyone graduate all the time!
    Get on google maps and youll find it. I was right next to the chow hall off to the right if you were facing the chow hall. There was a sand pit there but looks like they added a few things where the pit was.

I was on the second deck, i would try to sleep in my top bunk watching the air craft take off from the air port. Now that sucked.