Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TDH at Dragon Con '07- We would like your thoughts

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

TDH at Dragon Con '07- We would like your thoughts

The TDH administration was recently discussing next year's Dragon con and threw around the possibility of doing another forum since it was 2 years since our last. We would like to ask the TDH members your thoughts about this. Is there a desire for something like this and if so, what would you want to see? When would you want it to be (that would depend a lot upon the organizers of Dragon con and when we would have a room available)? Is the dinner on Saturday night enough for you? Do you have other ideas for something TDH could do? We'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas about this. We would just like to have something that would help bring the TDH community together. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Star Wars Chick; Sep 18, 2006 at 8:05 PM.

From
    Indiana

Re: TDH at Dragon Con '07- We would like your thoughts

I would love to see another "How To" I think seeing how easy some items are to make would help a lot of people. The give away was also great. Long as I am still making part, I will donate.

I think a how to would be great. I remember when I went to All Con last year I thought it was great that they gave away a custom holster. I also hope to make it to DC in 07.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

Man I'd love to make it to DC next year, but C4 is gonna burn my wallet to a crisp.

From
    Ohio

I'd be interested in hearing what our resident Fett experts have to say at DC '07.

Hell, I could even bring some of my vacc tables down, and do a vaccuform section. I think ANYTHING would be better then the Star Wars prop/mask/costume making panel they had this year, it was horrendous, was it not Bill?

People were wanting to see how to actually make things, and all they got were a few people showing them their costumes that they threw together that were a little sub-par in my eyes. I want to be able to show people that you CAN do these things on your own, on a budget but STILL make it look professional.

And not to mention they put my garrison CO in charge for all the star wars related panels next year. So I don't think it will be to hard to set something up.

From
    Knoxville Tenn.

+1 on Gilmore's comments...

I’m all about doing a panel! What I am wondering though, would this be mostly geared towards us, the more hardcore Fett heads, or more of a panel designed for the average joe on the street. Also what is the mission of said panel? To “recruit” people into the world of Fettdom, or to further educate people like you and I that have been pursuing Fett costuming and replicas for years… anyway, I’m just thinking outloud here… in short… YES, panel GOOD!

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

This sounds like a great idea. I just hope I can go to DC '07 ... I'll probably be a busy flight instructor at that time!

From
    Orlando, FL

I loved the last panel and would gladly go to/help with another one. It was cool for me the last time because I was kinda new to the Fett world and was nice to see it wasn't really that hard to do some of this work. As for a time I would think a early day one on any day but saturday would be cool. I think we lost a lot of people due to the time frame of the last one (of course that made the raffle better).

As for other things I would like to see more TDH events, the dinner is great but I love this group and always like hanging out with you cats so any excuse is good by me.

From
    O'Fallon, Illinois the STL

Awesome idea! Once I get my fiberglassing done, I might be able to lend some silicon to the cause...we should also have AFFO$ or Evan come down and do a painting tutorial for us, and we could all bring stuff to show off, too.

I am SO there if this happens! Who cares about school?

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

Basically our purpose for doing it would be to give TDH'ers some more time to hang out and build friendships and bring our little community closer. Everyone always enjoys the dinner so we thought there might be a desire for more TDH quality time. If we were to do a forum, it can certainly be geared towards Fett. However, if we have folks demonstrating vac forming, leather work, etc, then it would appeal to more than just the Fett world as well.

I figure, seeing how we pretty much have the power to make as many panels as we want next year...we can do, painting, forming, scratch building...what ever we would want....we have the power...

just like heman...

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

Except cooler because we are Boba fett, well bounty hunter and mandalorians. I think a series of panels or panel would be awesome. Like proper way to do the mustard/toothpaste type method. Theres a near endless amount of possibilities. Im for anything that allows me to meet any of you in person.

sadly, i'll be skipping dragoncon next year.

in 2006 i ended up travelling to san rafael ca, orlando fl, and atlanta ga for star wars stuff. next year we're going to spend whatever travel budget we have on not-star-wars related vacations

a silence falls over the crowd....and then, amidst the nothingness, comes the thunderous roar, of Gilmore's roundhouse kick to BRIANS HEAD!!!

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN!!!!

Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    a silence falls over the crowd....and then, amidst the nothingness, comes the thunderous roar, of Gilmore's roundhouse kick to BRIANS HEAD!!!

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN!!!!
    hahaha!

i know, it's crazy talk. but there are other parts of the world i want to see, and the only way that's happening is to make some crazy decisions.

i'll just have to live it through the photos next year!

well feel free to mail me your fett, so i can sport it there!!! LOL

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    a silence falls over the crowd....
    And BufFETT goes into shock!

tk7602 said: View Post
    sadly, i'll be skipping dragoncon next year.

in 2006 i ended up travelling to san rafael ca, orlando fl, and atlanta ga for star wars stuff. next year we're going to spend whatever travel budget we have on not-star-wars related vacations
    Oh man ... I knew you wern't planning on going to D*C next year, but I sure as shootin' thought you'd be giving San Diego Comic Con a go next year. Darn it ... anyway hope Jodi & you enjoy your vacations. And remember "it's those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. Nothing remains quite the same." - Jimmy Buffett

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I think a forum would be great. I really enjoyed the one in 2004. It inspired me to build my costume. I made my belt pouches the way Mirax demonstarted and I even emulated the Seeker Rub n Buff demo at the panel at C3. I think a panel would be very useful for those TDH members just starting out. Besides the fun of hanging out like you mentioned.

From
    Orlando, FL

Since I have been one of the big pushers of the mustard method I would be glad to show how it is done in person.

From
    Massachusetts

I'm not sure I'll be able to make D*Con or not next year (hoping like Hell to though) but with or without me I think it's a great idea! I hoped we'd have one this year and was kind of bummed we weren't. Seeing the stuff done in person by the "Fett-xperts" would be great for some of the newer folks and interesting for others as well.

Any excuse to hang with fellow Fett-heads is a great idea to me.

From
    Macon, Ga

Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    And BufFETT goes into shock!

Oh man ... I knew you wern't planning on going to D*C next year, but I sure as shootin' thought you'd be giving San Diego Comic Con a go next year. Darn it ... anyway hope Jodi & you enjoy your vacations. And remember "it's those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. Nothing remains quite the same." - Jimmy Buffett

I like the "if we all weren't crazy, we'd all go insane" better...

Lori

Yeah, C4 is gonna burn my wallet. So, I'll be a no show. Sorry I couldn't contribute any zamming things.

From
    Roanoke, TX

Mirax H said: View Post
    The TDH administration was recently discussing next year's Dragon con and threw around the possibility of doing another forum since it was 2 years since our last. We would like to ask the TDH members your thoughts about this. Is there a desire for something like this and if so, what would you want to see? When would you want it to be (that would depend a lot upon the organizers of Dragon con and when we would have a room available)? Is the dinner on Saturday night enough for you? Do you have other ideas for something TDH could do? We'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas about this. We would just like to have something that would help bring the TDH community together. Thank you very much!
    You wouldnt belive how big a hit the All-Con TDH panel was. We had a lot of people in the room checking it out. Keep in mind this is a fairly new con with a much smaller attendence then DCON.

We would have no issue filling up the room IMO.

If theres anything the Fort Worth 4 could do to assist let us know. *not to volenteer the other guys, but I am sure they can at least contribute the powerpoint they made along with handouts.*

evan4218 said: View Post
    If theres anything the Fort Worth 4 could do to assist let us know. *not to volenteer the other guys, but I am sure they can at least contribute the powerpoint they made along with handouts.*
    "Fort Worth 4".... ........wow, wonder where you got that name??

But EVAN is right, we had a great turn out at ALL-CON when we did the workshop there......let us know how we can help.

Last edited by Spideyfett; Sep 19, 2006 at 12:30 PM.